PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

CLAIRE!!
I like the first dress on the second page. I'm a huge fan of tafetta and I like the pin thing on the side.
I have the exact opposite height problem. Chris is 5'2 and I'm5'7. Highly annoying. At least you have a zillion choices for shoes. It's really hard to find cute flats!!
My shoe suggestion... the path to Sunset Pointe is really long and up a hill and it's made to look like stones. I might go for a wedge heel so that you have a little more support.

I think the first gown is gorgeous. I am also very short and when I look at all the pix of gowns I tried on, those that had a lot of very visible detailing at the hem immediately made me look shorter. I hope you'll try on lots of styles and decide which looks best on you. It is also really helpful to have someone take full-length pix so that you can see what the overall impression is that is created by the shape, line and detailing of the gown. Most importantly, have a great time! :goodvibes

CLAIRE!!
I like the first dress on the second page. I'm a huge fan of tafetta and I like the pin thing on the side.
I have the exact opposite height problem. Chris is 5'2 and I'm5'7. Highly annoying. At least you have a zillion choices for shoes. It's really hard to find cute flats!!
My shoe suggestion... the path to Sunset Pointe is really long and up a hill and it's made to look like stones. I might go for a wedge heel so that you have a little more support.

Is that tafetta? :confused3 I always wondered what that was and Organza (sp?) I don't know anything about fabric and materials, just what I like the look of!

I think the pin thing will emphasise my small waist rather than my big hips, well thats what I hope. I'm worried everything will just drown me and look stupid, most dresses look better on tall people.

I think I will go for a wedge as i'm very unstable, I fall over a lot. It must be hard looking for flat wedding shoes as the makers assume you want a heel. Could you buy a plain pair and jazz them up?

Having pictures helped SO much in deciding on a gown. I felt they really looked different when you were looking at them in a mirror and when you were looking at a photograph of you in the dress. I took a few pictures of the gowns I tried on - printed them out - and put them in a small pocket photo album (one that held around 24 pictures). This way I could carry it around with me and look at them every once in a while. I got a much better view of them this way. You could really see what it would look like on your body and what your wedding photographs will look like. It was also nice to have a picture with me when I was shopping around for accessories.

I also like the first gown out of the two you are looking at.

Linda

I think the first gown is gorgeous. I am also very short and when I look at all the pix of gowns I tried on, those that had a lot of very visible detailing at the hem immediately made me look shorter. I hope you'll try on lots of styles and decide which looks best on you. It is also really helpful to have someone take full-length pix so that you can see what the overall impression is that is created by the shape, line and detailing of the gown. Most importantly, have a great time! :goodvibes

Thanks for the tip about detailing round the hem. I thought any detail might look squashed together as it wouldn't be a very long dress.

In the UK now lots of shops don't let you take photos and charge you to try on dresses as they are finding lots of people waste the shops time then go and buy it online or have it made from the photos, it was in the news recently.

I plan to have a fabulous time!

Having pictures helped SO much in deciding on a gown. I felt they really looked different when you were looking at them in a mirror and when you were looking at a photograph of you in the dress. I took a few pictures of the gowns I tried on - printed them out - and put them in a small pocket photo album (one that held around 24 pictures). This way I could carry it around with me and look at them every once in a while. I got a much better view of them this way. You could really see what it would look like on your body and what your wedding photographs will look like. It was also nice to have a picture with me when I was shopping around for accessories.

I also like the first gown out of the two you are looking at.

Linda

I will definately try to take photos.

Everyone likes the same dress for once!

Hi Claire

Your plans sound fab. I love that first dress on the second page too, it's beautiful ::yes::

I looked up some more wedding dresses online last night that i'd spotted in a Bridal magazine.

I really like this one:
frontJustinAlexander.jpg
This is gorgeous!

I may be slightly biased given that this is my dress ;) :
caprilynette.jpg

This is gorgeous!

I may be slightly biased given that this is my dress ;) :
caprilynette.jpg

Yes I love your dress as well. My Mum however when I showed her didn't like the pick ups, thought it would be too much as I'm so short and should go for something simple.

Off to stay with our friends for the weekend shortly. We will be telling them that we are engaged and asking them to be Best Man and Bridesmaid. Hopefully they will be able to afford to come. Will update you Monday.

Hi Claire, just found your Journal. Subbing!

Your plans look great - I love the first dress too. Can't wait to hear what happens with your friends this weekend, I bet they will be really excited & start saving to come with you. :hug:

Hi Claire, just found your Journal. Subbing!

Your plans look great - I love the first dress too. Can't wait to hear what happens with your friends this weekend, I bet they will be really excited & start saving to come with you. :hug:

Hey Claire thanks for reading along.

Well we stayed with our friends at the weekend and asked them to be our best man and bridesmaid and they both said yes and seemed really excited. Hopefully when they see the price they won't change their minds! Need to find ways to keep the cost down for them. Does anyone know anything about the Discount the Swan & Dolphin used to do for teachers, is this still running?

I'm glad you friends were so excited to be a part of your day. I too am doing everything I can for my friends to keep prices down. But- I'm getting married at DL so I can't help too much. Good luck finding discounts!!

I'm glad you friends were so excited to be a part of your day. I too am doing everything I can for my friends to keep prices down. But- I'm getting married at DL so I can't help too much. Good luck finding discounts!!

Thanks, found out they could get the teacher discount but its still quite pricey.

I love all the gown pictures!!!!

I just realized you are getting married on my birthday :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are the value resorts not worth considering? We stayed at Pop last year and loved it. Hoping to do a vow renewal in 3 years so love reading all about your wedding!

YAY!!! Another journal to keep up with - Im from the UK too :) All your plans look great! I adore your cake knife set and glasses, they are sooo cute!! :cutie: I think both dresses are beautiful, which ever one you pick will look wonderful :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter