Pin storage/organization

mth1993

Earning My Ears
I am new to this and wanted some tips on how to store and organize pins. I some are on cards, some in bags, some in boxes... How do people organize and protect their pins? Do you have to worry about oils from hands? Do you have to worry about acid free (like with pictures) in any plastic used to hold them?
Thank you in advance for you help

Mike

Mike,
There probably is as many ways to display and store pins as there are pins themselves! I personally like and use the large Disney pin bags that are sold at the Parks and in the catalog. I have four that are nearly bursting at the seams with my keepers. I try to arrange pins by theme, but as new pins are continually released, this idea generally falls by the wayside. I prefer using Pin Books or binders for pin trading. Pages contain less pins, making it less cluttered and easier to "see" all the pins. I also enjoy framing some special pins or sets of pins. Coming up with a fun background or matte is an interesting challenge. The end result always makes for a clever wall decoration and conversation piece. Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Hope it helps.
Disneyboy

Hey Mike! I use the disney binders and bags, too. I also use sheets for trading cards in my own binders. These work well for pins that you want to keep on their original cards, which is how I try to keep all my pins, if possib le. They fit right into the card pockets! And they are nicely protected, too.

Hello Mike,
I do live in Germany and use Binders which I can buy on this website:

http://www.kosel.com/de/sh/sapins.htm

(Sorry, I hope I'm allowed to Post the Link here)

It is really the best way to do it. They have special boxes to put the Binders in so I can store them pretty well.

Pins which are Boxed: I let them in the Box.

Hope I could help you...
Oh and sometimes I frame some Pins...

Angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter