Pictures of Rapunzel in Winter?

Hijacking the thread a little- I wanted to make a Rapunzel costume for next year's halloween party, how difficult would you say this would be for a beginner sewer? I do have the help pf my Mum who's more experienced in dressmaking.

Hijacking the thread a little- I wanted to make a Rapunzel costume for next year's halloween party, how difficult would you say this would be for a beginner sewer? I do have the help pf my Mum who's more experienced in dressmaking.

It would require a moderate level of skill, depending on how accurate you want it to be. For starters, there is no adult pattern readily available. You would need to pull components from a number of different patterns and know how to meld them together.

6226703297_41ec22bc7d_b.jpg

Based on that doll ^ being officially Disney, I would go with this as your base:
tumblr_ma7ts6GZ4W1r1bz0wo6_1280.png

Rapunzel's winter wear at WDW is a different bodice. Outside of a thicker sleeve, most people would never notice a difference.

adorable! We are going first time end of Nov. and I was wondering the same thing about winter versions of dresses for my little girl.

Okay, the final product is DONE! We ended up copying this picture that is supposedly from Disneyland:

8a1b059b-35bf-45b4-ba14-ec4de6b17ca5.jpg

Here is the final product:

33d04126-7f31-49ab-946a-32cf940002ac.jpg

We also made hair extensions using directions from a sewing blog (Make It and Love It). Pascal is from the Disney store. Rapunzel goes barefoot in the movie, which is not practical in Michigan in October, and wears gold high-heeled boots at Disney, which is not practical when you are four. Therefore we bought purple flats that will have to suffice despite their glaring lack of authenticity. ;) We already own a small frying pan, and she is already great at yelling, "Best day ever!" So, we are pretty much set for tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter