Pictures of Celebrities

But all the thief needs to do is apply a couple of filters and here's the result:

(removed as per copyright holder's request)

I admit it's crude, but I was only using presets and about 10 seconds of my time. Because of this, I don't even care about putting watermarks. I have my original file, the EXIF data is there. They are enough proofs that I own the pictures (I've issued several cease and desists actions against several websited and larger companies just based on EXIF data and the high-res files I own)

Kelly, please remove that photo. If you want to show the concept with another photo, I"ll give you one that I do'nt care about. Thanks.

Anne

removed... but still, no matter what you and I want to do, anybody with 10 seconds in their hand can remove whatever watermark we want to embed on our pictures.

I know that and you know that, but the people with crappy fan sites are usually not that sophisticated and those are the ones who don't ask--and the places you do'nt want your work appearing.

Thanks for removing it :)

Anne

No probs, Anne! My apologies for not asking your permission beforehand.

Too bad, however, in my experience, the ones who stole my stock photos were the larger companies. I ended up paying more for the lawyers :(

Jon Bon Jovi...from the 2nd row in Philly, Dec 2, 2005!!!!

IMG_1407.jpg

If you are really worried about your photos being ripped off, then you should send thumbnails and register them at the copyright office.

http://www.copyright.gov/forms/formva.pdf

Of course you own the copyright the instant you take the photo, but by registering the image, you give yourself the maximum protection and if you get into a dispute and it goes to litigation, your lawyer's fees are covered.

He may not be famous to many people, but this is Andy Irons the 2004 world champion surfer at Pipeline December 2005.

53663411.jpg

Kelly Grannell said:
No probs, Anne! My apologies for not asking your permission beforehand.

Too bad, however, in my experience, the ones who stole my stock photos were the larger companies. I ended up paying more for the lawyers :(

Fortunately the type of work I do involves a lot of respect betewen all the parties involved, and I've only a few times had my owrk "borrowed" by a major label band, and even in that case they put something on their web site and gave me credit but no cash. In all honesty I can live with that, if it's a band I'm a fan of (which is most of the bands I photograph--I try to stay within a comfort zone.) I shot Sevendust last night and got some AMAZING photo's, unfortunately I'm not allowed to publish them except within the boundaries established by the contract I had to execute with their management company.

I'm still paying my dues, and the real money will come with print--CD liner notes and covers.

Anne

TheLionKing said:
If you are really worried about your photos being ripped off, then you should send thumbnails and register them at the copyright office.

Of course you own the copyright the instant you take the photo, but by registering the image, you give yourself the maximum protection and if you get into a dispute and it goes to litigation, your lawyer's fees are covered.

He may not be famous to many people, but this is Andy Irons the 2004 world champion surfer at Pipeline December 2005.

53663411.jpg

That's an AWESOME photo! Unfortunately registering all my work would be prohibitive, I shoot on average six concerts a month, on average three bands per concert. The number of actual photo's varies show to show, last night I had four bands, and I shot 850 photo's, of which 600 will be archived and probably 80-100 have the potential for future print publication.

Anne

It costs you 30 dollars to register a DVD of images, not 30 dollars per image. The images can be compressed JPEGs. You can literally put 100s of images on a DVD, send it in with the form and 30 dollars and you are protected.

Anyone with deep pockets and half a brain who is told that an image is registered will quickly settle as the statutory fine is up to 150,000 dollar per unlawful image use + lawyer's fees.

You would be foolish not to do this.

TheLionKing said:
It costs you 30 dollars to register a DVD of images, not 30 dollars per image. The images can be compressed JPEGs. You can literally put 100s of images on a DVD, send it in with the form and 30 dollars and you are protected.

Anyone with deep pockets and half a brain who is told that an image is registered will quickly settle as the statutory fine is up to 150,000 dollar per unlawful image use + lawyer's fees.

You would be foolish not to do this.

Ahhh...OK, I can fit probably 2000 compressed thumbnails on a DVD. You're right, for $30 every 3 months I can keep it all registered, and that's affordable.

But my problem is more with the half brain twits who build "fan sites" and steal everything, and have no money, no insurance, and no clue. In those cases I generally get the work removed by telling their ISP that I'll be naming them in the lawsuit. Once they get that fax it takes about an hour and it's down LOL!

I do sometimes let the builders of really high end fan sites use a couple photo's if they ask in advance, give me credit, and I'm contractually able. The Shallow Bay--the Breaking Benjamin Underground is a perfect example of this, as the band supports the site more than they do the one the label built for them.

Anne

I saw James Marsters(Spike on Buffy & Angel) and Elijah Wood at a Sci-Fi convention this past summer. It was awesome.

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg

wvjovifan, you lucky person! I LOVE Bon Jovi!

P.S. Did you see the WV game last night! It was a nail-biter! :cheer2:

TheLionKing said:

53663411.jpg

Looks like you could easily make a career change! Awesome pic's!

Mike Love (yes, the beach boy) performing at Epcot

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

(The first one I'm not terribly happy with, the 2nd one seems, at least to me, to be a much better picture)

great pics all! I have none to share, but I appreciate you all sharing those. There are some awesome photgraphers here!

Here's a couple new ones:

Aaron Lewis of Staind:
aaronlewis.jpg

Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust:
ljwitherspoon.jpg

Slash of Velvet Revolver:
slash.jpg

Anne

I haven't come across a lot of famous people in my days other than sports figures. I have a lot of good pic's of Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Patriots but I think they're all on film and my scanner is not hooked up.

This one I have of myself and Tony Gwynn, future Hall of Fame Baseball player from the San Diego Padres. This was taken with my Canon S30 2 years ago at my companies national sales meeting.

105-0568_IMG.jpg

I actually forgot about a web site I started to create about 5 or 6 years ago for my love of sports. I have some of my Sox and Celtics pics there if your interested. If not no big deal. They're all scanned images so quality isn't great.
Kyle's Sports Page

My sons with Jimmy Page. He dropped in for dinner one night. Nah!! Just kidding. We were very lucky to meet him at a local exhibition opening recently. My eldest (left) is a HUGE fan and has all the Led Zep riffs down :teeth: but my youngest was very nervous. They were both thrilled to meet him though. He was such a gentleman :cool1:

BoysJimmyPage.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter