Pictures of all 3 Disneyland Hotel Concierge Lounges

I will try to do a full trip report soon. We just returned from CA with a 3 night stay at Paradise Pier and a 3 night stay at Howard Johnson Anaheim. We did the 3 nights at PP to experience the Disney hotel, and to get the extra morning hour. I'm so happy that we had the extra morning hour because it allowed us to see everything we wanted to see, but I have to be honest that I wasn't really wow'd with PP. It was a nice hotel....but not very "Disney". If you've gone to the Disney hotels in WDW, even the budget hotels are very Disney. This one definitely felt like a converted hotel. Again, it was quite nice, and our view of the CA was awesome...but it was not stunning. We have a family of five: DH, myself, DD (16), DS (12) and DD (4). I thought that with four days in the parks, we would stop back to the hotel mid-day for snacks and swimming. Well, we never did. I debated quite a bit about getting a concierge room ahead of time and decided to "treat" ourselves to it...but I probably shouldn't have! We never made it back, so really all we had was breakfast there (which was grab and run so we could get to the gates by 6:30 am). Thankfully the concierge lounge opened at 6am and not the posted 6:30 am, so we were able to get something and go. We never made it back for anything else...so no chocolate covered strawberries or wine for us!! :( I think that the lounge closing at 8pm is way too early. If you try to stay for WOC or fireworks, which I think most people do at some point, then you miss out. Again, I'll try to post a whole review later...but for those debating whether or not to get concierge or not...I think you have to be really sure that you're going to be back at the hotel during the day for it to be worth it.

We found the same thing. We LOVED the concierge and did enjoy it when we had the time to but yes, when you have a trip revolving around going to the park -- I mean you are going to DL to go to DL! -- it's tough to do the concierge things during those time frames.

We are wondering, is it possible to add concierge for part of a trip? We are staying 8 nights this time but will not need it the entire trip. We'd like to add it for a few nights on the days we do not plan to go to the park but really aren't sure if they even do that. Any ideas?

thankyou for posting these Awesome pictures!! you have made up our mind to go for concierge at Pardise Pier on our next trip!! We made the trip from there through Grand California to enter DCA and also for the monorail or front gate for DL and, especially when it comes to DCA, the walk is no different IMHO than the walk from the DLH through DTD through the Grand to the DCA entrance....if you know what I mean?? lol... We love the DL hotel, just spent 5 glorious days there in July, but for the same price we could have concierge at PP, and I'm kind of wishing we had done it this time!! lol... next time for sure! if you have any more pictures of the rooms, grounds, restaurants, pool etc. please post them! actually I will go back and look....maybe you already have! I did a search because I was specifically looking to see what it was like at PP concierge and this post of yours came up, now I will go read the rest of the thread! :thumbsup2

I'm glad the photos are helping in your trip planning and anticipation!

There are photos of my room and room view here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1745747&page=44

I agree that the walk is not a significant factor. I just stayed at the DLH for the Destination D event, and it felt like a longer walk from there to the parks than from the PPH.

The pool area is not as extensive or landscaped at the PPH as at the DLH or GC. There were some renovations done this winter and I haven't seen it since then. For a warmer weather stay I like the GC because I like having a balcony and enjoy the pool area, but in the colder months (especially with shorter park hours) the concierge amenities and great view into DCA from the theme park view rooms at the PPH are a great value for me.

I'm glad the photos are helping in your trip planning and anticipation!

There are photos of my room and room view here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1745747&page=44

I agree that the walk is not a significant factor. I just stayed at the DLH for the Destination D event, and it felt like a longer walk from there to the parks than from the PPH.

The pool area is not as extensive or landscaped at the PPH as at the DLH or GC. There were some renovations done this winter and I haven't seen it since then. For a warmer weather stay I like the GC because I like having a balcony and enjoy the pool area, but in the colder months (especially with shorter park hours) the concierge amenities and great view into DCA from the theme park view rooms at the PPH are a great value for me.

Oh thankyou so much for that link!! Stunning pictures!! we can not wait to stay there, and you have made up our minds to request an upper floor for the concierge. I say a bit more in reply over in that thread, but a question I have, do the windows open a wee bit? Usually If they do in a tower like that, it's only a couple of inches but that is ok. We were going to hold off until next year to do another trip.... but I don't think I can wait until next year, I think this winter is more in order::yes::

StyledSugar said:
We are wondering, is it possible to add concierge for part of a trip? We are staying 8 nights this time but will not need it the entire trip. We'd like to add it for a few nights on the days we do not plan to go to the park but really aren't sure if they even do that. Any ideas?

When we stayed at AKL at WDW we did a split stay. We had a regular room for the first couple nights and then moved to a concierge room for the end of the trip. You could do something like this, but if the days you would want concierge are in the middle of your trip or scattered throughout it may make things difficult because you would need to change your room multiple times.

When we stayed at AKL at WDW we did a split stay. We had a regular room for the first couple nights and then moved to a concierge room for the end of the trip. You could do something like this, but if the days you would want concierge are in the middle of your trip or scattered throughout it may make things difficult because you would need to change your room multiple times.

What exactly is the difference between the regular room and the concierge room? We've only stayed in the concierge but will be in a regular one this time. Other than the view and access to the lounge, is there a lot of difference?

StyledSugar said:
What exactly is the difference between the regular room and the concierge room? We've only stayed in the concierge but will be in a regular one this time. Other than the view and access to the lounge, is there a lot of difference?

That's about it. We only really indulged because it was our honeymoon and we wanted to do the Wanyama Safari, which was only available to concierge guests. We had a room with a view both times and I honestly can't remember there being a large difference with the rooms.

That's about it. We only really indulged because it was our honeymoon and we wanted to do the Wanyama Safari, which was only available to concierge guests. We had a room with a view both times and I honestly can't remember there being a large difference with the rooms.

Oh okay. Thanks!

What is the Wanyama Safari?

Oh thankyou so much for that link!! Stunning pictures!! we can not wait to stay there, and you have made up our minds to request an upper floor for the concierge. I say a bit more in reply over in that thread, but a question I have, do the windows open a wee bit? Usually If they do in a tower like that, it's only a couple of inches but that is ok. We were going to hold off until next year to do another trip.... but I don't think I can wait until next year, I think this winter is more in order::yes::

I don't remember whether the windows open. I think they do, and if so, it is just a few inches. Does anybody else remember?

Paradise Pier February 2012:

DSC_5563.jpg

DSC_5566.jpg

DSC_5632.jpg

DSC_5630.jpg

DSC_5627.jpg

DSC_5416.jpg

DSC_5415.jpg

DSC_5414.jpg

DSC_5673.jpg

DSC_5712.jpg

DSC_5711.jpg

DSC_5795.jpg

DSC_5796.jpg

DSC_5791.jpg

DSC_5680.jpg

DSC_5679.jpg

DSC_5686.jpg

DSC_5793.jpg

DSC_5624.jpg

DSC_5351.jpg

DSC_5324.jpg

DSC_5325.jpg

DSC_5353.jpg

DSC_5362.jpg

OMG this all looks soooooo good!

I just booked concierge for the first time (actually never stayed on site before either). Booked PP.
Can I get exact hours? Should I call the hotel?
Has anyone does PP concierge lately?
Thanks!!

Has anyone done the concierge view room at PPH lately? Any updated photos? Thinking about trying this in July.....assuming the parks open at 8 and EMH are at 7, does the lounge still open at 6:30AM? Does it still close at 8PM?

Has anyone done the concierge view room at PPH lately? Any updated photos? Thinking about trying this in July.....assuming the parks open at 8 and EMH are at 7, does the lounge still open at 6:30AM? Does it still close at 8PM?

We were there two weeks ago. The pictures above (from 2012) look EXACTLY like what we found. So that much is still accurate.

The hours are 6:30-8, regardless of park hours. If you are trying to do EMH at a park at 7, the concierge lounge would be next to useless for the morning hours.

We were able to easily make (and be near the front of the line) an 8 opening by being at the lounge when it opened.

Awesome, thank you mnrose! I can see us being at EMH part of the time, but not all of the time (my kids have a hard time getting up and dressed quickly, lol). Maybe we will grab extra pastries when we are there for the next day if we make EMH. Will they let you grab a bunch of bottled waters/soda's to bring in the parks still?

Awesome, thank you mnrose! I can see us being at EMH part of the time, but not all of the time (my kids have a hard time getting up and dressed quickly, lol). Maybe we will grab extra pastries when we are there for the next day if we make EMH. Will they let you grab a bunch of bottled waters/soda's to bring in the parks still?

Sodas are available to take from the refrigerator which is "hidden" below the food offerings. There are also juice boxes there. Water is in the back, and you have to ask for it. We asked for 8 (two for each of us), and that was no problem. They are 12 ounce bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter