• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** Picture of the Day 3 **

DH turned the "Trick or Treat" lights off at 9; I put a side light back on. He asked me why; I told him DGD hadn't been here yet. He said...she's 16 years old...she's not coming to Trick or Treat. At 10 I hear the knock on the door...."We love you Mimi...TRICK OR TREAT"! 💞 💞 Love these girls...

1667288063666.png:tink:

We turned ours off at about 7:30; getting too chilly and the candy was almost gone! But I think for the first time in our 7 years here everyone on our street participated.

Bow Summit Panorama, Banff, Canada

Panorama%2016-XL.jpg

We turned ours off at about 7:30; getting too chilly and the candy was almost gone! But I think for the first time in our 7 years here everyone on our street participated.

DGD and her friends cleaned us out!😁 But I was bad today :rolleyes1; Walmart had my favorite candy 50% off so I "stocked up" :rotfl2: for personal use! :tink:

I would love to see WDW for Halloween but the heat would be too much plus hurricane threats would keep me away. We've actually gone in October before but the parties were not offered during our dates :guilty: back then.

Glacier along Icefields Parkway in Canada

6934ed-XL.jpg

I would love to see WDW for Halloween but the heat would be too much plus hurricane threats would keep me away. We've actually gone in October before but the parties were not offered during our dates :guilty: back then.

Glacier along Icefields Parkway in Canada

6934ed-XL.jpg

October temperature wasn't to bad; our preferred week in those years was the 2nd week in October. Normally, the hurricane threat is passed by then too. That's normally the week our DGD's would get a fall break for our County Fair. DD decided it was "cheaper" :rotfl2: to go to DW instead of the Fair! Ahhh...the "good old days"...:goodvibes

It's finally "sinking in" that our Saturday's will not include soccer! 😒 Gonna miss this....

P1270447-XL.jpg
:tink:

DH's boss ordered World Series Houston Astros shirts for County employees; little did he know he'd get to wear it at an ACTUAL World Series game! 🤭 DD and DGD are treating him to the Saturday night, 6th game of the Series, as an early Christmas gift! 🎅

P1270313-XL.jpg

What a day full of priceless memories for DH, DD and DGD! They witnessed the Houston Astros winning the World Series! :cheer2:

1667721616270.png1667721666136.png

One of the BIGGEST WINNERS tonight was local Houston celebrity "Mattress Mack". He started selling mattresses by the side of the road and built his business into one of the most loved in Houston. This generous man's motto is "Mack gives back" and he's well known for his generosity. For example, during Hurricane Harvey he offered his furniture stores as a shelter for Houston residents whose homes were flooded. Many actually LIVED in the stores for days. His very interesting history is worth "googling". Tonight he became $75 million richer....the largest legal payout in sports betting history...and he will give EVERY penny back to his customers and the local community! :lovestruc

P1910752-L.jpg

CHAMPIONS PARADE today for the World Champion Houston Astros :cheer2: (viewed from home...NO WAY I wanted to be a part of the estimated million person crowd :eek:...Downtown Houston was PACKED!):

P1910777-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter