PhotoPass question...is it worth it.

georgiesmum

Mouseketeer
We'll be in Disneyland for 6 days and I'm considering buying a PhotoPass+ 1 week. I've purchased PhotoPass before and have gotten heaps of great photos but I've heard that there are not as many photographers around the park to take magic shots anymore. I know PhotoPass comes free with MaxPass but we'll probably only get MaxPass for one day and that's the day we'll do the rides where you get ride photos. We will only do 1 character meal, if we did the character meal on the Max Pass day, do we get the meal photo included with the maxpass?
What are people's recent experiences with PhotoPass? Is it worth it or should I just get the photographers to use my own camera/phone?

We'll be in Disneyland for 6 days and I'm considering buying a PhotoPass+ 1 week. I've purchased PhotoPass before and have gotten heaps of great photos but I've heard that there are not as many photographers around the park to take magic shots anymore. I know PhotoPass comes free with MaxPass but we'll probably only get MaxPass for one day and that's the day we'll do the rides where you get ride photos. We will only do 1 character meal, if we did the character meal on the Max Pass day, do we get the meal photo included with the maxpass?
What are people's recent experiences with PhotoPass? Is it worth it or should I just get the photographers to use my own camera/phone?
Yes, the meal photo you take upon check in for lunch/dinner is included if you have MaxPass.

Isn't it cheaper to buy Maxpass for one person each day to get the Photopass instead of doing the one week pass or did they change the price of the single week to lower than the $79 I remember from a few years ago?

Isn't it cheaper to buy Maxpass for one person each day to get the Photopass instead of doing the one week pass or did they change the price of the single week to lower than the $79 I remember from a few years ago?
Oh my goodness, I hadn't even thought of that! That makes so much more sense. Thank you!

I'm definitely going to get the daily Maxpass instead of the photopass. Probably not everyday, but for several days at least. That way we can get our 'professional' photos plus one of us gets to maxpass rides all day. :thanks:

Will that work for ride photos? I'm still trying to figure out the way Maxpass/Photopass works. Is it similar to the WDW method of scan the card for the photo? I'm assuming since they don't have Magic Bands that they don't have an automatic way to place photos onto your account, but you would think that Disney wouldn't allow you to add multiple ride photos at the same time. I'm part of a family of 7, so when we're at Disney we end up with 3 or 4 ride photos per ride. At WDW our accounts are linked so I would prepay for the photo package and get all the photos from our trip that way. I just can't imagine that Disney would allow me to scan 4 different ride photos on 1 Maxpass account. Or am I wrong? Is there a loophole where I can pay $15/day for Maxpass and just put all the pictures on that one account?

Will that work for ride photos? I'm still trying to figure out the way Maxpass/Photopass works. Is it similar to the WDW method of scan the card for the photo? I'm assuming since they don't have Magic Bands that they don't have an automatic way to place photos onto your account, but you would think that Disney wouldn't allow you to add multiple ride photos at the same time. I'm part of a family of 7, so when we're at Disney we end up with 3 or 4 ride photos per ride. At WDW our accounts are linked so I would prepay for the photo package and get all the photos from our trip that way. I just can't imagine that Disney would allow me to scan 4 different ride photos on 1 Maxpass account. Or am I wrong? Is there a loophole where I can pay $15/day for Maxpass and just put all the pictures on that one account?

You enter a code to link the photo. Ive never had problems linking multiple photos with maxpass. I've even linked photos from rides on days I wasn't even in the park.

You enter a code to link the photo. Ive never had problems linking multiple photos with maxpass. I've even linked photos from rides on days I wasn't even in the park.

Yes this - it's easy to add as many ride photos as you want. We like to snap photos of the number on the way out of the rides and then add them to the app when we're on a break for a meal or back in the room. You could add every ride photo from Splash for the day if you had all the codes. You can get a photopass card from any photographer and link as many of them as you have to your account (or whoever has the Maxpass on their account) or there's a barcode right in the app that you could can screenshot to use - protip set it as you lock screen so you only have to "wake up" your phone for the photopass photographer to scan it.

Yes this - it's easy to add as many ride photos as you want. We like to snap photos of the number on the way out of the rides and then add them to the app when we're on a break for a meal or back in the room. You could add every ride photo from Splash for the day if you had all the codes. You can get a photopass card from any photographer and link as many of them as you have to your account (or whoever has the Maxpass on their account) or there's a barcode right in the app that you could can screenshot to use - protip set it as you lock screen so you only have to "wake up" your phone for the photopass photographer to scan it.
Thank you!!! You've saved me a lot of money, I was thinking I'd have to get all 7 of us Maxpass! This is such a better option!! Appreciate all your help! :)

We are photopass family that switched to maxpass on 1 account last time. This serves 2 purposes.
1.) It's cheaper than photopass with all the same pictures
2.) If we decide to add maxpass for a day, one person already has it so it saves there too! (I admit we didn't add it at all last time as we were able to do the parks our way without it, small children that like doing all the rides not just the fastpass rides)

Do you have to buy the ride photos or can you print them out for free at home?
If you have Photo Pass or MaxPass, pics can be added to your account.
Once photos are downloaded to your account you can print on your home printer.
I like to have my pics from Disneyland printed at Costco.

We haven't bought a photo from Disney in years....

Geemo

Thanks, so no more charging for photos, that is awesome.
Disney Photo Shops still sell photos if you would like to buy from them.
But it remains expensive.

The Photo Pass and now Max Pass make it so much more reasonable to have ALL the pics you want from your time in the parks.

This is one reason why many will recommend at least one person in your party buy MP, just for the photo option that it includes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter