• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo opps in Epcot?

Summer-Caitlin

DIS Veteran
As I am not going with Disney for photography, I am having the Epcot photo shoot (direct swap) instead.
Tanis emailed me and asked which countries I want? Now having never been to WDW before, I don't have a clue which ones are better, nor do I know how many I can have?
I emailed her back asking this but she is obviously busy. So it's down to you guys again to help me out here.
I am of Italian descent so I thought Italy may be good, I also seem to have a thing for Japan....I have no idea why, but my bedroom and living room has Japanese decorations.
However as you guys are experts, could you tell me which countries would provide the best photo opps?

Thanks a billion :flower3:

My fav. for photos was hands down Paris. There are several cute spots there for photos. I can't remember who it was here, but someone has their engagement photos taken in Epcot and their Paris photos were fantasic!

I've only been once so I might not know of many places...but I would definitely agree with Italy. I also liked Morocco a lot. Japan had some great spots, as did Germany and Norway.

Really, each of the countries has at least one (but usually more) wonderful locations for pics.

I love the ones I've seen in Italy...the arches are so pretty...

I don't think you can go wrong with Italy and Japan. There are some great opportunity for shots with the Epcot ball behind you. Morocco and France also have some nice photo opps!

By the way, did Tanis mention anything about there being an extra $50 charge for doing Epcot? We're looking to do the same, and I got a description of it and there's a fee associated with any park other thank MK for the alternate photo shoot??

I don't think you can go wrong with Italy and Japan. There are some great opportunity for shots with the Epcot ball behind you. Morocco and France also have some nice photo opps!

By the way, did Tanis mention anything about there being an extra $50 charge for doing Epcot? We're looking to do the same, and I got a description of it and there's a fee associated with any park other thank MK for the alternate photo shoot??

Tanis didn't mention anything about paying $50, but I am aware of the extra charge as I've read about it before. Here's hoping that she forgets.....;)

We HAD been to WDW before, but still couldn't make up our minds which countries we wanted. So, we let the photographer decide. :) She ended up taking us to France, Morocco, and Italy and I think they were all great choices. Feel free to take a look at our photos:

www.collages.net
username: Wheeler / Price Wedding
Password: 1971

I think the first 23 pictures are in France. The picture of us with the ball begins our Morocco pictures (10 pictures in Morocco). And then we finished up in Italy.

Also, check out NeverlandClub23's pictures. She posted the link to her pictures in this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1334346
They went to all the countries so that might give you a better idea of some of the photo spots.

Hope that helps. :goodvibes

Summer:

We are doing ours at Italy and France. I am of italian descent as well so i was already sold on that, but my WC also told me that Italy has a beautifulo and perfect shot where you can get Italy, the water, and the "ball" directly behind you, which she said is hard to find in any other pavillion.

Here is a link to our EPCOT photos - although they are quite old now!!

We were able to take pictures from the center between Future World and World Showcase pointing towards Spaceship Earth, and then went to Norway (December - they have poinsetta trees that are really pretty) and then to Italy. Everyones favorites were Italy. If we did something like this again I would probably do Japan because I love the architecture.

http://public.fotki.com/ahutton1/

Scroll to the bottom of that page to Disney Wedding!

Personally I think China provides options for some beautiful photos, what with the ponds and lily pads on the water and the bridges and such. Also, the area in the Canada pavillion on your way down to Le Cellier is always beautiful with lush greenery and flowers and the occassional bunny!!

I spoke with Rosie today about the Epcot shoot and she recommended Japan and Italy as well...of course those were the ones I was thinking myself. She also said that it will be very fast paced and that you may have the opportunity to get more than two countries...

As for the fee, I had heard on the boards that there was a $50 fee for any park other than MK, but I've asked both Karen, my planner, and Rosie, and they've both told me no...guess it depends on who you talk to...

Good luck, let us know what you decide on!!

As for the fee, I had heard on the boards that there was a $50 fee for any park other than MK, but I've asked both Karen, my planner, and Rosie, and they've both told me no...guess it depends on who you talk to...

Sometimes I think it depends on which day of the week you talk to them. :) Rosie was the one that informed me of the $50 fee. Of course, our wedding was in December of last year - I'm sure they've already got a completely new set of rules for 2007 brides. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter