• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pete addressing all the hate on the podcast

Thank you THIS IS IT!
I joined here to get some info on DVC and maybe find a nice community. This is the first board I have ever joined. I mean its Disney right? People will be nice!
I specifically stated I agree with everyones rights to be unhappy or not like something all I said was I was glad someone with a bigger voice addressed all the nastiness going on NOT your not entitled to your opinion

I think the bigger problem is, that everyone has opinions, and opinions are all valid, but when you voice your opinion, you are openly inviting other peoples opinions, some that will agree with you, and some that won't. Perceived or not, typically if someone disagrees with your opinion offense is typically taken, so these boards are a breeding ground. I personally have never intentionally tried to put someone down because of their opinion on these boards, but i'm sure i've offended a quite a few unintentionally.

In the end, this is not your diary, so what you write will be judged, it's human nature.

I love Pete Werner! I get tired of all the sensitive unhappy people. Every time I listen to his podcasts, I always end up with a smile on my face. I’m a ‘just tell it like it really is, and don’t beat around the bush person’. I appreciate and respect Pete and his opinions and I have been a fan since the 90s! I wouldn’t change a thing! 😊

What happens if he becomes unhappy? Do you keep that same smile on your face after the podcasts? Honest question.

Honestly, I think people are rude from both sides of this issue, and yeah, maybe there is more rudeness, now, but I’ve always been shocked how nasty some Disney fans can be online (almost everyone is nice in the parks, though!), and it doesn’t have to do with change. I don’t really know what it is. It’s puzzling.. A newcomer comes to the boards and doesn’t know the exact rules of a thread and it’s open season and everyone jumps on them, for instance. This is nothing new. It is ironic, though, that a thread about nastiness turned a bit nasty in some of the comments.

I think everyone is nice in the parks, because people aren't blurting out their opinions all the time, like we see on these baords (and there's nothing wrong with that). I really do think that people make the magic at Disney, to the point that even guests get in on it, (taking pictures for one another, balloon exchanges when leaving, exchanging pleasantries, ect....). If you were out there expressing your opinion on everything, i can guarantee you that things would change rather quickly haha

Sorry guys. I love Pete and the gang just as much as everyone else, but, although I completely understand where he was coming from, I didn't enjoy this week's podcast. I felt like everyone held back a little. Again - I understand why. Too much negativity is not good. People listen and follow disunplugged in a very mesmerizing way. I can understand not wanting to spread the ugly on their part. And I understand that it is in their best interest to keep people wanting to come to Disney rather than discourage. But what I always loved about them was their humorous and hard love truth to a lot of what has been going on with WDW. I felt that they always got down to the level of the fans with compassion and understanding. And I hope they do not lose sight of that. As for the 50th....I was so disappointed in the lack of festivities on the day of. I keep referring back to the 25th and wish they could have given us a little more pomp and circumstance. I think we deserved that. As for the night time shows.....Harmonious lacks Epcot. I think it should have had an original score at the very least. The lack of good viewing all around the lake (which we have become accustomed to) is not acceptable. Enchantment is beautiful and the music is heartwarming. BUT - replacing a 4 year much loved show with the same thing using the 50th as a reason to do so and then not paying any honor to the park, the classics, Walt or even Roy really disappointed me. The imagineers and cast did their jobs and should be praised for that, but somebody higher up should have caught at least SOME of this at this point in the ballgame.....

I think everyone is nice in the parks, because people aren't blurting out their opinions all the time, like we see on these baords (and there's nothing wrong with that). I really do think that people make the magic at Disney, to the point that even guests get in on it, (taking pictures for one another, balloon exchanges when leaving, exchanging pleasantries, ect....). If you were out there expressing your opinion on everything, i can guarantee you that things would change rather quickly haha

I’ve heard plenty of opinions in the park, but that doesn’t really apply to nastiness in certain areas such as when a new person asks a question that was addressed earlier in a miles-long thread.

So I was thinking maybe Im looking at things with rose colored glasses and decided to recap my recent trip at the end of September in my head
Drove there and was fortunate to be staying at The Grand Floridan. Did my online check in and received confirmation.
Pulled up and someone was right there to grab our bags. Room was ready on time. Had the option to valet or self park. I self parked.
Went to my room and shortly the bags were there and the gentleman asked if we required anything. We requested a few things we needed and he put them in a tablet and left.
Room was a little tired but OK great view and beautiful hotel.
Went to MK and had to get our annual passes activated. Had to wait about 15 minutes but the cast members were there keeping everything organized. Instead of being grouchy my wife and I enjoyed watching all the kids in their costumes and had a smile on out faces.
Enjoyed some park time and some rides and went and ate at the Grand Floridan cafe. Went back to the room first and everything we requested was there.
My food was great, my wife had the fish and it was dry. Politely told the server and she asked if she could bring anything else we said no. The check came and my wifes meal was removed from the check OK great!
Next day Epcot, yes park is under A LOT of construction but we did our rides, saw the new shop, and had great food around the world. Decided to skyliner over to HS did our favorite rides and got on the skyliner back. Weather came in and it stopped at Caribbean Beach and we were told we could use the bus system. Not ideal but we decided to call an Uber one was there in 2 minutes and we were back in Epcot for more great food.
Went back to the hotel and saw a movie playing on the beach. Sat a while watching and then fireworks in the background kind of a beautiful!
Dinner next night at Capital Grill service was a little slow because the server slowed our order down because fireworks were going to start so we could go on the balcony and watch them It was raining out so fireworks were delayed and we ended up waiting a little longer for our food. Again not ideal but the server was trying to do something nice for us.
Next day sat by the pool for a while and had a amazing lobster sliders from the pool restaurant.
So much to do and enjoy
Did some things not go my liking? Yes. Did I feel the hotel room was a little run down for the price? Yes. Did I let these things ruin my vacation and go online and gripe about it? No
So Im in a resort with 4 huge theme parks, hotels restaurants, Disney Springs, entertainment, thats twice the size of Manhattan do I expect everything to be perfect? No I have never had a vacation where everything went perfect but I feel that addressing these things politely and speaking to people with respect gets results.
Why would I spend so much money and go there and complain about every single thing that might have gone wrong!

I’ve heard plenty of opinions in the park, but that doesn’t really apply to nastiness in certain areas such as when a new person asks a question that was addressed earlier in a miles-long thread.

I've heard opinions at the park, but it is normally between a family, spouses ect... I haven't seen people going up to strangers just to voice their opinions, which is essentially what happens on these boards. Nastiness on boards has been around since boards were created, i just ignore them and move on.
If you don't pay them any mind it's like they aren't even there

Sorry guys. I love Pete and the gang just as much as everyone else, but, although I completely understand where he was coming from, I didn't enjoy this week's podcast. I felt like everyone held back a little. Again - I understand why. Too much negativity is not good. People listen and follow disunplugged in a very mesmerizing way. I can understand not wanting to spread the ugly on their part. And I understand that it is in their best interest to keep people wanting to come to Disney rather than discourage. But what I always loved about them was their humorous and hard love truth to a lot of what has been going on with WDW. I felt that they always got down to the level of the fans with compassion and understanding. And I hope they do not lose sight of that. As for the 50th....I was so disappointed in the lack of festivities on the day of. I keep referring back to the 25th and wish they could have given us a little more pomp and circumstance. I think we deserved that. As for the night time shows.....Harmonious lacks Epcot. I think it should have had an original score at the very least. The lack of good viewing all around the lake (which we have become accustomed to) is not acceptable. Enchantment is beautiful and the music is heartwarming. BUT - replacing a 4 year much loved show with the same thing using the 50th as a reason to do so and then not paying any honor to the park, the classics, Walt or even Roy really disappointed me. The imagineers and cast did their jobs and should be praised for that, but somebody higher up should have caught at least SOME of this at this point in the ballgame.....

So this comment to me is exactly what I have been, obviously not successfully, trying to say. Here is someone who has a valid opinion about something they dislike and say it with class and reason. This opens a discussion not a fight. Truly well said!

So I was thinking maybe Im looking at things with rose colored glasses and decided to recap my recent trip at the end of September in my head
Drove there and was fortunate to be staying at The Grand Floridan. Did my online check in and received confirmation.
Pulled up and someone was right there to grab our bags. Room was ready on time. Had the option to valet or self park. I self parked.
Went to my room and shortly the bags were there and the gentleman asked if we required anything. We requested a few things we needed and he put them in a tablet and left.
Room was a little tired but OK great view and beautiful hotel.
Went to MK and had to get our annual passes activated. Had to wait about 15 minutes but the cast members were there keeping everything organized. Instead of being grouchy my wife and I enjoyed watching all the kids in their costumes and had a smile on out faces.
Enjoyed some park time and some rides and went and ate at the Grand Floridan cafe. Went back to the room first and everything we requested was there.
My food was great, my wife had the fish and it was dry. Politely told the server and she asked if she could bring anything else we said no. The check came and my wifes meal was removed from the check OK great!
Next day Epcot, yes park is under A LOT of construction but we did our rides, saw the new shop, and had great food around the world. Decided to skyliner over to HS did our favorite rides and got on the skyliner back. Weather came in and it stopped at Caribbean Beach and we were told we could use the bus system. Not ideal but we decided to call an Uber one was there in 2 minutes and we were back in Epcot for more great food.
Went back to the hotel and saw a movie playing on the beach. Sat a while watching and then fireworks in the background kind of a beautiful!
Dinner next night at Capital Grill service was a little slow because the server slowed our order down because fireworks were going to start so we could go on the balcony and watch them It was raining out so fireworks were delayed and we ended up waiting a little longer for our food. Again not ideal but the server was trying to do something nice for us.
Next day sat by the pool for a while and had a amazing lobster sliders from the pool restaurant.
So much to do and enjoy
Did some things not go my liking? Yes. Did I feel the hotel room was a little run down for the price? Yes. Did I let these things ruin my vacation and go online and gripe about it? No
So Im in a resort with 4 huge theme parks, hotels restaurants, Disney Springs, entertainment, thats twice the size of Manhattan do I expect everything to be perfect? No I have never had a vacation where everything went perfect but I feel that addressing these things politely and speaking to people with respect gets results.
Why would I spend so much money and go there and complain about every single thing that might have gone wrong!
Completely get where you're coming from, you get back what you put in, if you go in thinking you'll have a miserable time you probably will

But ”I won’t grow up‘ - Peter Pan!

I‘ve certainly never met a pulling the carpet from under my feet (with uncertainty and stress) friend like Genie; even Elsa couldn’t Let it Go!

And I actually want to try Genie+ but there is no communication

ok then, let me put it in plain English.

A complaint from a customer about something they are un happy about and the company or business can fix that issue is a valid complaint from a companys point of view. It might be something they overlooked, or something they were not aware of or something which was not previously highlighted during market research, focus groups or during testing. This is constructive criticism and very helpful to a company. It is usually politely written using positive tone and language.

A complaint from a customer about something they are un happy about but the issue / new change / new policy is part of their corporate business plan and the company can not change it will get ignored by the company. This type of complaint is usually written in an angry negative tone filled with emotion and a lot of personal opinion.

and yes these are generalizations.

The tone doesn't matter, especially in this day and age, and corporate business plans change all the time. What matters is money. If it is hurting their wallets they will change regardless of how the message is being delivered. This happens to businesses all of the time. If these "you're only a number to Disney" guest start voting with their wallets and giving enough negative feedback to hurt them Disney will do whatever it takes to try to stop that. Where that line is only Disney knows.

So this comment to me is exactly what I have been, obviously not successfully, trying to say. Here is someone who has a valid opinion about something they dislike and say it with class and reason. This opens a discussion not a fight. Truly well said!
Thank you!!!

I think these boards are so helpful. Imagine if cast members had to answer all the questions we had or receive all these comments, positive or negative. I’ve been blasted on these boards before when I said something critical. As adults we should be able to see another persons view and agree to disagree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter