Perimenopause is making me INSANE!

I am watching my sat. fat. So far just doing that has had me lose weight. In addition giving up ALL soda had me drop lbs right away.

On Monday I am going to see my internist and insist on a blood test for anemia and discuss things. The OBGYNs blow you off, you know?:headache:

I am also in PT for my feet, yea me. I can't even exercise how I want either.:badpc:

That being said, JUST KEEP SWIMMING! As long as you are moving forward all will be well.:hug::hug::hug:

Sorry to hear that you seem to be in the same boat as me. Too bad it wasn't a Disney Cruise.:rotfl2:

I started entering my food into myfitnesspal. It tells you where you should be based on your weight and were you want to be. I never drank soda/pop so I can't blame that. I only drink unsweetened tea and water. My biggest problem is that I don't eat but when I do it's sweets.

I bought all fruits/veggies, some Special K and a few other treats that I thought would help.

Ever since I found out there was a problem all I crave is take out. Plus I am not up to cooking. The cereal has been good though, getting breakfast in.

I'll keep you in my thoughts that the doctors finally get everything figured out for you.

I haven't had a period since September. The hot flashes and night sweats are horrible. I've tried soy and it hasn't helped.

Anyone found acupuncture to be successful?

Is anyone having sleep disturbances? I was always a night person but now I have many nights I can't sleep. I don't want to take Melatonin (take too many meds don't want another pill) Will chamomile tea help?

Research Suzanne Summer's latest information about cause of and how the Medical Community is paying close attention to her input. I wish I'd have been able to benefit from this understanding of cause, cure, as i've already btdt! (miserably).

More importantly she figured out "Cancer/Estrogen" link.

I pray this will help.

Chamomile has been known to help some people, but not all. But i'd definitely give it a try if I were you! My dad swears by it.
Is anyone having sleep disturbances? I was always a night person but now I have many nights I can't sleep. I don't want to take Melatonin (take too many meds don't want another pill) Will chamomile tea help?

Im suffering from perimenopause. Im 37. It started a few months back. Irregular periods, hot flashes (during the day mostly, NOT FUN!), mood swings, sleepless nights, migranes. Awful time right now. :(

Im suffering from perimenopause. Im 37. It started a few months back. Irregular periods, hot flashes (during the day mostly, NOT FUN!), mood swings, sleepless nights, migranes. Awful time right now. :(

Does anybody here know if your cycle HAS TO be irregular for you to be considered perimenopausal? I'm still pretty much bang-on 28 days regular at age 47 but am a total mess in so many other ways. At this point I'm longing for full-blown menopause and to put the whole grizzly business behind me but the cycles just keep coming...thoughts?

Does anybody here know if your cycle HAS TO be irregular for you to be considered perimenopausal? I'm still pretty much bang-on 28 days regular at age 47 but am a total mess in so many other ways. At this point I'm longing for full-blown menopause and to put the whole grizzly business behind me but the cycles just keep coming...thoughts?

If you think you might have perimenopause, then you probably do. :lmao: Everyone has different symptoms. I have periods in between periods. :confused3 While some might not. All depends I guess.

I googled the symptoms for it and im bang on.

Here are the symptoms which i googled, Lol! A lot on this list applies to me. Problem sleeping, mood changes, migranes, hot flashes.

Migraines
Urinary Incontinence
Tender Breasts
Weight Gain
Low Libido
Mood Changes
Hot Flashes
Problems Sleeping
Irregular Periods

Here are the symptoms which i googled, Lol! A lot on this list applies to me. Problem sleeping, mood changes, migranes, hot flashes.

Migraines
Urinary Incontinence
Tender Breasts
Weight Gain
Low Libido
Mood Changes
Hot Flashes
Problems Sleeping
Irregular Periods

Yep, everything except the first one and the last one...#2, 5 & 6 are nasty bi$&@^s!!

Chamomile has been known to help some people, but not all. But i'd definitely give it a try if I were you! My dad swears by it.

Thanks, I'll try the chamomile. Sorry you're having those symptoms, not fun.

Try taking Iodine.

I've been reading up about Iodine and started to take it. I felt much
better and the hot flashes subsided. Then I forgot to take it
and it all started back up.

That is my test study! Try it!

Well I had a D&C yesterday, yea me. ;)

Let's see if it resets my body on the correct path. She thought I had a polyp, but it turns out it was just skin. Ewww, gross, sorry.:lmao:

Well I had a D&C yesterday, yea me. ;)

Let's see if it resets my body on the correct path. She thought I had a polyp, but it turns out it was just skin. Ewww, gross, sorry.:lmao:

Did that 2 years ago. Worked for awhile.

Had a hyst on monday :thumbsup2

Did that 2 years ago. Worked for awhile.

Had a hyst on monday :thumbsup2

I did the same but had a supracervical hysterectomy. 2 years ago now. The flashes are still horrendous but every other symptom is gone! :thumbsup2

Hope you are feeling well and heal quick. :)

Hope you are feeling OK! This women's stuff is certainly an interesting part of life, isn't it? :stir:

I'm doing fine. Surprisingly easy. wish I would have done it years ago!! LOL.
Interesting... yes I guess that's as good a way to put it as anyway! :lmao:

I did the same but had a supracervical hysterectomy. 2 years ago now. The flashes are still horrendous but every other symptom is gone! :thumbsup2

Hope you are feeling well and heal quick. :)

Can I ask why you had a supracervical?

Glad your other symptom is gone.
So far, so good (I KNOW it is early!!) on the hot flashes.... I will not hesitate to go back on estrogen if that occurs. It is worth the VERY SMALL increased risk of BC.

Can I ask why you had a supracervical?

Glad your other symptom is gone.
So far, so good (I KNOW it is early!!) on the hot flashes.... I will not hesitate to go back on estrogen if that occurs. It is worth the VERY SMALL increased risk of BC.

I wasn't of menopause age when I had it done and I had adenomyosis so the uterus had to go. I also suffered with endometriosis for years. My doctor wanted me to keep my cervix for support as well as sensation. Keeping the ovaries allows me to go through menopause naturally. I had to have a cancer screening prior top the procedure.

Glad you are doing well! :)

I wasn't of menopause age when I had it done and I had adenomyosis so the uterus had to go. I also suffered with endometriosis for years. My doctor wanted me to keep my cervix for support as well as sensation. Keeping the ovaries allows me to go through menopause naturally. I had to have a cancer screening prior top the procedure.

Glad you are doing well! :)

Just wondered.
I have always wondered why people left the cervix (the doc I work with does not).
I hope it works well for you.
I had it all out (course I am menopausal so don't need those pesky ovaries!).
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter