Perimenopause is making me INSANE!

Thank you to all those who confirmed for me that 39 is not too young. When my doctor chided me and said it was, I asked him "Well, then, YOU explain the mental fog, the sleeplessness, the burning up!" :scared:

Only then did he relent and say yeah maybe it could be. :rolleyes1

And then there's the moodiness. DH says he never knows who he's going to get from minute to minute, much less day to day. :laughing: And it isn't just PMS anymore, it's all month long. YAY! :yay: Good times. :headache:

I have been like this for several years now. I just turned 46. I can't stand it. I missed my period 3 months. Got it then 17 days later got it again. Then 31 days later, had it for 1 1/2 days if that. I just don't know. I haven't really thought about the foggieness but I do have it at times and I am up early every morning 3:30 - 4 a.m. I don't need to be up till 6:30. I am tired in the afternoon and then ready for bed by 9 p.m. but the thing is no matter what time I go to bed, I am lucky if I get 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night. I was never a 12 hour sleeper or more but I would like to have 7 or 8 which is the normal. I just had my annual and he wants me to track everything. I had an abilation back in 2006 and also had a very large pollup removed with it. He is afraid it could be that also. Actually I am supposed to email my dr. to let him know. Probably should do that now.

six months, I very rarely have night sweats or hot flashes, and I was having both multiple times daily. He started with me once a week, then after two e months or so i went every two weeks, now I am going once a month.
I feel much better, and getting a full nights sleep definately helps withe the exhaustion.

I have also started taking "Black Cohosh Root" and Evening Primrose Oil. These can be found at a vitamin shop or natural health store. They help w/ sleep and with the hot flashes and night sweats also.

I am 51 years old and have been having these symptoms for about 4 years, slowly getting worse over the past two. I still get my period, maybe every 3 months or so.

I'm 43 and for the last year or so, Aunt Flo has come to call every 3 weeks. It used to be every 30 days, now it's every 19 to 22. I wouldn't mind missing one or two, honestly! If I'm not gearing up, I'm winding down. Aunt Flo is not a sweet little lady who only spends the night and doesn't bother anything, no, in my house, she's a bad girl rock star who comes in and trashes the place, then gets held over for a week.

Hot flashes, cold spells, got 'em. Harder to lose weight, easier to gain, check. Irritable and my short term recall is now for naught. I make notes detailing where I left my notes!

Got nothing but :grouphug: for everyone else who's going through this!

Hi, :wave2: My name is Rylee, and I'm menopausal. ('nuff said?)

The first time I skipped my period, I was 44. I told DH but we really didn't talk about "it." Although, all sorts of thoughts were running through my head, as I'm sure they did DH's, too. A few weeks later when I got my period, I told DH. Again, we didn't talk about it. Late that night, he asked if I was disappointed and when I said, "Yes," he said, "Me, too." I had my 1st baby at 21, and 5 kids later, our last at 41. Strange how you can being going through life not even thinking about another baby, but the minute you suspect your pregnant, is the minute you're in love.

At 45, my periods stopped completely. Ok, I'm kind of liking this. Dr. says I have to go 1 year without a period before I can be considered "done" and not get pregnant. YEP, wouldn't you know it... entering the 12th month and there it is! And, of course, we were at DISNEY WORLD! pixiedust:...NOT!

The period I had on vacation was the last one, and 6 years later, at 52, I'm STILL having hot flashes!

I still have night sweats, too. DH thinks I'm nuts! I tear the covers off, jump out of bed and remove my night-clothes, then, 10 minutes later, I'm feeling around for my clothes, getting dressed and bundle up in blanket. One time, I even tore the mattress pad off the bed because I was absolutely convinced it was making me hotter! :lmao:

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being moody, tearful, irritable, and have difficulty concentrating and trouble staying asleep. Please tell me this is all related and not the new me!

I cant remember what age i quit getting it! LOL When my hot flashes were the worse i tried drinking soy milk every morning. Between that and no sugar it worked pretty well. Except i got my it back so i suffered with the hot flashes. The sugar made a big difference too.

Good luck!

It's the not sleeping that gets to me!! (I actually blame that for most of the crankiness and brain fog.) Thankfully, I'm not having hot flashes...yet.

If you're hesitant about supplements, you could always just pick up some edamame at the grocery store. It's still soy, but doesn't feel so much like "taking something". I've put it in salads, or just had some with crackers, and I do think it helped a little.

i started into the heck of peri 4 years ago....started at 44..............cold and hot flashes....night sweats.....anxiety...panic attack...fuzzy thinking....face tingling...numbing..headaches...periods went from 31 days like clock work to about 24 days........ended up severly low Ferritin.......vitd and potassium.............supplemetning all 3........it does get better....but its like one symptom goes and other one shows up....this month was the horrible headaches.....and tingling.....last month was floading period.................hang in there....... here is a link to the 34 symptoms of menapause......i think there are more than 34......http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/articles/peri-menopause-symptoms.htm

Good Morning Ladies! I have learned a lot and gained some encouragement from reading all of your posts. I am researching hot flashes today because I think I am in the throws...I am 43 and every birthday month since turning 40 has added a new and 'oh so exciting' hormonal symptom. :lmao: Woo Hoo. Not.

My biggest question for all of you is...When you are having hot flashes, do they register like a fever? Does you body temp go up or is it just your surface temp driving you mad? Also, in the night last night it felt like the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet were going to burn off along with my face. :mad:I thought I was getting sick at first but no other symptoms. I need your wisdom!

Last month I had my yearly appointment and we discussed all the other symptoms I have been having but this is a new one. My Dr prescribed a progesterone cream for me to use from ovulation to the start of my period. I will try it on my next cycle. She said there were over the counter ones I could try as well from health food stores. I hope that helps. Maybe it can be an option for some of you as well.

Oh, and I had a friend COMPLETE menopause at the age of 35. So, listen to your body and keep asking questions until you figure out what works for you.

Thank you, Ladies!!

I still have night sweats, too. DH thinks I'm nuts! I tear the covers off, jump out of bed and remove my night-clothes, then, 10 minutes later, I'm feeling around for my clothes, getting dressed and bundle up in blanket. One time, I even tore the mattress pad off the bed because I was absolutely convinced it was making me hotter! :lmao:

This is EXACTLY what happens to me just about every night of my life. And, I will add, that it has been like this for at least 7 years......and I am 42.
I just started getting mild hot flashes during the day every now and then. They are nothing like the night sweats, though.

My biggest question for all of you is...When you are having hot flashes, do they register like a fever? Does you body temp go up or is it just your surface temp driving you mad? Also, in the night last night it felt like the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet were going to burn off along with my face. :mad:I thought I was getting sick at first but no other symptoms. I need your wisdom!

When I went to the doctor at the age of 35 with the night sweats, he (man doctor, mind you. I have since switched to a female doctor.) did not even consider perimenopause. I asked him about it, but he disregarded it because he said I was too young. He did have me chart my temperature. When I would wake up wet from my night sweats he had me take my temperature. I did not run fever at all. I cannot remember my readings exactly, but I do remember that I did not have fever.
My new female doctor does acknowledge that it is likely hormones/perimenopause. Thankfully she does not think I am crazy.

Good morning fellow sufferers...lol

Now it is small motor coordination. I can not pick things up without dropping them, knocking them off counters, or completely fumbling. It is maddening!

Good morning fellow sufferers...lol

Now it is small motor coordination. I can not pick things up without dropping them, knocking them off counters, or completely fumbling. It is maddening!

it is maddening.......but once all these hormones stop flipping ...flopping ......and dipping........we will all be back to "normal"..........someday

and i was thinking of setting up a facebook group........"secret group' so we can post away and support eachother thru this rollercoaster ride......if u are interested in joining let me know.....pm me........and I will set up a group if we get some interest....

Another sufferer here & 47.

I just wanted to tell the OP she may not be in "peri" but in MENOPAUSE. I have started with symptoms last yr and I can say today it is official menopause.

So far I will just "get hot" esp. when I am feeling stressed.:confused3

My latest issue is not sleeping at night. I wake up every few hours! It is driving me crazy! Plus, when I wake up, I am completely wet from the night sweats! :scared:

My DH accused me of wetting the bed the other night because I had such a severe night sweat! There was a ring of sweat on my side of the sheets. :scared1:

I will be 48 in a month and have yet to had a symptom. I was an early bloomer when I was younger, so I thought I'd be early with menopause, but my body must just love dropping an egg each month with no relief in sight. I was low on vitamin D at my last check-up which my doc said was common. Low vitamin D can cause the mind to be foggy which I have experienced. Vitamin D supplements have helped a lot, so for those who are in a fog, you may just need more vitamin D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter