Perennial-Lily of the Valley

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Lily-of-the-Valley-I think I'll move on to some small pernnials for a while. Lily of the Valley grow to about 8 inches in height. They can be a very invasive plant, but their fragrance is worth growing them. If you want to grow them in a small area all you need to do is spade around them in the spring and remove the roots that have traveled outside their growing area. If planted in a natural setting just let them go wild.

Lily of the Valley like semi-shade and prefer a moist, slightly clayey soil, but will grow in just about any soil and under any conditions, they are very hardy.

Lily of the Valley

And they smell like heaven when in bloom......just take a whiff as you walk past! Pure heaven!!!!!

Can you believe my pips lack passion?

We have to move our Lily-of-the-Valley. According to our favourite garden centre guru, out LOTV aren't spreading because we have them where the soil is too acidic, because of a lot of leaf mulch that's down for the ferns.

I do love their fragrance. :)

That must be the same reason why my LOTV aren't spreading much, Kim. Mine are under tall pine trees at the back of my garden, where tons of pine needles fall. Trouble is, finding a place to move them to!

I have them in 2 separate beds and they seem to want to find each other...love the smell.

I've always wanted to plant Lily of the Valley. THIS will be the year. Do you think they will do well underneath the Andromeda and rhododendrum bushes?

p.s. - Thanks once again Mamu and I LOVE that you are now posting pictures!!!!:D

I would love an invasion of LOTV! They smell and look divine. Just think, except for these two weeks out of the year they are unavailable to florists unless you are willing to pay $600 a bunch -- not a typo! That was according to a Martha Stewart wedding episode.

We have lots of coral bells that were here when we moved in and are my least favorite color. These are also invasive, i.e., easy to grow. Anyone with extra LOTV who lives near me want to trade?

Cheers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter