People interested in Poly2: are you hoping for new association or same?

Are you hoping Poly2 is a

• New Association (eg Copper Creek)

Votes: 77 31.4%
  • Same Association (eg Kidani)

Votes: 168 68.6%

• Total voters
That makes sense how they could increase studio points and decrease 2BR points at other resorts if those rooms are part of the same unit. Like you said, however, it sounds like doing that for the bungalows wouldn't be allowed because they are their own units.

I certainly know others are confident it’s not allowed. I am just not one of them.

But, because it’s cleaner like the treehouses, it’s easier to “see” when or if it happens.

I hope it's the same. I'd be incredibly disappointed if it wasn't. Honestly it seems pretty stupid and convoluted to have two condo associations at the same tiny resort with deed expirations only a few years apart, but they've done stupid things before.

I hope it's the same. I'd be incredibly disappointed if it wasn't. Honestly it seems pretty stupid and convoluted to have two condo associations at the same tiny resort with deed expirations only a few years apart, but they've done stupid things before.

Remember, they can decide to keep the expiration the same and still have two because they are so close.

If VGF sells decent to new buyers without the 50 year ground lease, they may decide it won’t matter for Poly tower

That’s the thing..so many different ways it can go. Selfishly I want it to be its own and would be it even with a 2066 end date.

Remember, they can decide to keep the expiration the same and still have two because they are so close.

If VGF sells decent to new buyers without the 50 year ground lease, they may decide it won’t matter for Poly tower

That’s the thing..so many different ways it can go. Selfishly I want it to be its own and would be it even with a 2066 end date.
So if you were laying a bet right now, would you say new or same? You seem to have a good feel for these things, and I need answers lol

Already planning to buy and want it to be a new association. I really hope they do away with resale restriction if it is a new association.

So if you were laying a bet right now, would you say new or same? You seem to have a good feel for these things, and I need answers lol

I am leaning 90% new association. Like I shared, Title…DVC villas coming to the Poly Village Resort..not to Poly Villas and Bungalows.

It also calls it the proposed vacation ownership property..leads me to it being new.

Just makes a lot of sense to me that it fits what they want to do long term.

I think VGF was not for two reasons…so they didn’t make another studio only resort like Poly that they heard was not that popular…and allows resale restrictions and encourages direct for those that want to stay there.

I am leaning 90% new association. Like I shared, Title…DVC villas coming to the Poly Village Resort..not to Poly Villas and Bungalows.

It also calls it the proposed vacation ownership property..leads me to it being new.

Just makes a lot of sense to me that it fits what they want to do long term.

I think VGF was not for two reasons…so they didn’t make another studio only resort like Poly that they heard was not that popular…and allows resale restrictions and encourages direct for those that want to stay there.
You're probably right. At first I thought, how could they build a brand new tower and call it part of Poly resort, and not give current owners access? But that's basically what they did with CC and BRV I guess. CC was a conversion vs a new build, but still they're both part of WL.

I want to buy in, and I don't love the idea of competing with all the current Poly owners for the new rooms at 11 months, so I hop you're right.

so they didn’t make another studio only resort like Poly that they heard was not that popular.
And yet it still sold out. (Do you know how long it took?). That makes me wonder, IF the sellout was similar to other resorts (which I truly don’t know) if Disney even cares.

Selfishly I want it to be its own and would be it even with a 2066 end date.
Come on now, you got your dream resorts with Riv. and GF - let us existing owners have this as one association. 😄

Just curious though...since you do own at SSR...why have you not pushed it with them?
I did actually send this to DVC, but I never actually got a reply to the issue. This thread has reminded me that I should follow up.

I happen to love the THVs - while I did want SAP points, our reason for buying at SSR was to ensure booking priority for THVs during holidays. I’ve never actually stayed at the villas at SSR except for THVs, so personally what Disney did to THVs matters a lot.

That said, on one level I’m less interested in them fixing what they did with THVs - though I’d be so happy if THVs went back down in point cost - but as an owner at CCV and PVB, I have a very vested in making sure that Disney doesn’t do it again, and my primary goal in raising this with them is to prevent them from trying these shenanigans again at other properties (and to prevent them from continuing to widen the THV to 2BR gap).

Regarding the discussions of the bungalows, generally studios seem a bit cheap compared to one bedrooms ( and demand is higher). Does this discussion about Bungalow balancing mean DVC should not be allowed to lower points to stay at a 1BR and raise points to stay at a studio at a given resort? Only points can change across seasons for say studio and overall points for studios most stay the same for a year? I didn’t realize that before.
At SSR they could do this because there are no dedicated studios, and all the units are either 2BRs OR THVs. Thus the requirement for total points is only that the 2 BR cost per night remain consistent.

That said, DVC tried shenanigans with lock off premiums before, and walked back with owners raised hell (with many threatening legal action). But this was then trying to increase the total number of points involved in premiums.

But at SSR at least they could potentially shift points between studios and 1BRs as they are part of the same unit and the POS refers to units not Villa types.

However - and this is where I’ll say go read drubsa’s breakdown of the POS and master declaration - the sections in the POS that speak to minimum number of points required to book a Villa type and the language around point cost should it be flat year round, does in fact seem to support that DVC cannot, in fact, shift points between Villa types.

At other resorts, though, units are often compromised of a mix of different Villa types. For example, at BRV one contract is a unit consisting of 2 Dedicated BRs and another is 1 Dedicated 2BR and 2 Dedicated Studios. At Copper creek, one unit I own consists of a 1 LO 2BR & 2 Dedicated Studios. Just as examples. Balancing those units to remain consistent in total points for a year if you’re shifting between Villa types but each unit may have a different mix of unit type likely means you cannot shift points across Villa types without violating the POS.

Arriving to this thread a bit late, but some general observations:

(1) Feeling like I need to give some love to the Oasis pool. I know everyone is talking about how popular your older sibling is, and I know there is a lot of attention being given to the baby on the way, but you are special too and don't ever forget it.

(2) If they make this the same condo association with no resale restrictions, I think it's going to be a big kick in the teeth to Riviera buyers. I love Riviera, but the loud and clear message was that all new resort construction would have the same resale restrictions, so we might as well buy direct at Riviera. And that our blue card would give us special access to new resorts, whereas we'd miss out if we bought at another resort resale. Now not only would Disney be adding VGF2 as a whole slate of new owners who can sell their contracts without restriction, and letting everyone compete for it at 7 months, but a second flagship resort would be added into the mix too, restriction free. It's just kind of insulting. If they've totally given up on resale restrictions, maybe they should remove them from Riviera so we don't end up being the lone black sheep.

(3) New condo or same condo, I'll be buying 50 points at PVB2. It looks gorgeous--I don't get why everyone hates the aesthetic--it kind of reminds me of Aulani somehow. And the views from the higher floors are going to be jawdropping.

(3) New condo or same condo, I'll be buying 50 points at PVB2. It looks gorgeous--I don't get why everyone hates the aesthetic--it kind of reminds me of Aulani somehow. And the views from the higher floors are going to be jawdropping.

I like the looks of it as well. I don't need it to look just like the buildings they built 50 years ago. Where's the imagination in that? Nor do I need the theming to be super elaborate like AKL or WL. Some people have already decided to hate it no matter what, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will want to do the Poly justice, and it will have a good dose of charm and flair. Maybe I'm wrong and it will be "like any other hotel on the beach in Tampa", I guess we'll see.

When do you think the announcement will be made? (Whether new association or not)

Is there any timeline yet?

Thanks!

If there was a new association, wouldn't someone have seen new condo documents filed with the Orange County Comptroller (recorder)?

Edited to add: I guess it may still be a little early for this.

Last edited:
I am now wondering about the demise of the luau for this project. Does that affect the decision on a new association at all? Could current owners have an argument that they have let a “vital” part of the resort so they should have equal access to the new development being built in that spot? (Granted, it wasn’t all that vital. Especially to my family - but some owners really love it.). Just curious.

I am now wondering about the demise of the luau for this project. Does that affect the decision on a new association at all? Could current owners have an argument that they have let a “vital” part of the resort so they should have equal access to the new development being built in that spot? (Granted, it wasn’t all that vital. Especially to my family - but some owners really love it.). Just curious.
No, because the luau was not part of the current condominium association at all. Owners at Poly have no claim on it whatsoever. It was just another commercial space, like any other restaurant at any other resort.

To add what was posted, if the PVB POS is written the same way that the VGF one is, owners only have a right to use any of the amenities at the resort…in exchange for paying a share…but can have to ended at any time since they are part of the hotel and not the condo association. .

facebook twitter