Peanut Butter on the plane?

I always fly Southwest, and almost every single time, they serve bags of peanuts on the flight. ONE time they did not, and they made an announcement prior to takeoff that someone one the flight had a life threatening peanut allergy and that if you had a snack or meal containing peanuts, PLEASE refrain from eating it onboard.

But other than that, yeah, never a problem with peanuts. I usually carry peanut butter crackers.
On a double stop Southwest flight last month, the first flight was ok but when the FAs were cleaning up the plane, the lead FA announces a no peanut flight, and a family boarded early. I did not have peanuts with me, but found a sealed bag on the floor by my feet. I immediately;y gave it the the FA, just in case, I stepped on the bag and sent peanut dust into the poor boy's space (seated right opposite me).

There was probably someone with a peanut allergy on board. Peanut is often an airborne allergy. The person with the allergy to peanuts could be in life threatening trouble just with the smell of that snack.

Individuals with allergies can inform airlines prior to a flight of their needs. The airline sets up a buffer zone around the affected passenger (usually the row the passenger occupies and the rows in front and behind the passenger).

Some airlines choose to go entirely peanut free.

There are other high protein, non perishable snacks you can bring that will be safe to eat in all circumstances. Cheese and crackers, beef or turkey jerky, hummus, sunbutter and crackers.
That’s very interesting. I know some schools have peanut free tables in the lunch room for kids. most people who don’t have the allergy would never think of this problem

I always fly Southwest, and almost every single time, they serve bags of peanuts on the flight. ONE time they did not, and they made an announcement prior to takeoff that someone one the flight had a life threatening peanut allergy and that if you had a snack or meal containing peanuts, PLEASE refrain from eating it onboard.

But other than that, yeah, never a problem with peanuts. I usually carry peanut butter crackers.

We just flew back Tuesday and had this same instance on Southwest from Orlando. Flight down had peanuts but going home we encountered this same announcement and pretzels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter