PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Is that a personal offer? because it sounds like something I'd be interested in doing :)

Definitely not personal. I got the Netflix offer too. Mine says “Real Canadian Superstore exclusive”. But I think that’s only because I shop there the most.

Definitely not personal. I got the Netflix offer too. Mine says “Real Canadian Superstore exclusive”. But I think that’s only because I shop there the most.

I'm sad I didn't see it anywhere. Oh well... I do want to pay off some Netflix soon since it looks like they will be adding GST/HST starting in July. Not sure how that would impact if you used a gift card.

Cashed out $80 in points at Superstore today and earned another 20,000 at SDM.

I have $370 in my WDW fund right now, which will be for Christmas / After hours tickets. I think I still need another $330 to be safe based on the cost of the Halloween after hours pricing. Or I will use it for Cirque tickets, which should be around the price point and then use the Air Miles Personal Shopper for the Christmas event tickets.

I just redeemed 40000 points at Shoppers for $50. Was that good? It's my first time redeeming.
I thought it’s redemption weekend! You can redeem $65 with 50000 points. I just did that online. Maybe you can redeem at a lower level. It seems to be a good deal. I thought 50000 points were the minimum.

I thought it’s redemption weekend! You can redeem $65 with 50000 points. I just did that online. Maybe you can redeem at a lower level. It seems to be a good deal. I thought 50000 points were the minimum.
That's what I was suspecting. So I didn't get a good deal, then. :(

That's what I was suspecting. So I didn't get a good deal, then. :(

historically, the best possible deal comes once per year as part of the black friday deals.

for these redemption weekends, which come around about once every month-6 weeks, the best possible deal is redeeming 200,000 points for 300$ off. but…that depends on you needing 300$ worth of stuff!

the standard rate is 10,000 points for 10$ off, so personally, i would say anything more than that is a good deal. you basically got 120% value for your points. to me, that’s a win.

historically, the best possible deal comes once per year as part of the black friday deals.

for these redemption weekends, which come around about once every month-6 weeks, the best possible deal is redeeming 200,000 points for 300$ off. but…that depends on you needing 300$ worth of stuff!

the standard rate is 10,000 points for 10$ off, so personally, i would say anything more than that is a good deal. you basically got 120% value for your points. to me, that’s a win.
Oh, okay, thanks. :)

So I missed it today,,,hoping I can get tomorrow. SDM had wings on for 10.99, digital 6000pc points for each one, which is good, but then also for me for monday is 25000 for $75 spend. So if they have them in stock, purchase 7 boxes for $77+hst, get back 67000points. They were all out today, lots of people taking advantage of it. Need to see if they get stock back in monday.

So I missed it today,,,hoping I can get tomorrow. SDM had wings on for 10.99, digital 6000pc points for each one, which is good, but then also for me for monday is 25000 for $75 spend. So if they have them in stock, purchase 7 boxes for $77+hst, get back 67000points. They were all out today, lots of people taking advantage of it. Need to see if they get stock back in monday.
That would be an amazing take. Good luck, hope they are in stock!

Ok, I’ve been off the boards for a couple years and back again since we are planning another trip. First time I have heard about using Optimum points for a WDW trip? What’s the deal?

Ok, I’ve been off the boards for a couple years and back again since we are planning another trip. First time I have heard about using Optimum points for a WDW trip? What’s the deal?

When you cash out using points on your groceries (or other) you also buy a Disney gift card for that amount (using cash). Basically, you are then getting your gift cards for nothing.

When you cash out using points on your groceries (or other) you also buy a Disney gift card for that amount (using cash). Basically, you are then getting your gift cards for nothing.
Whenever my groceries are worth $50 or more, I toss in a $50 Disney GC and use $50 worth of points.

The gift cards can be used to pay off your trip or taken with you and used at Disney. Just be prepared for the dollar difference as the GCs purchased here are in CDN $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter