PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Any "Insiders members" have tips to getting good value from the $120 subscription fee? I just cancelled after a free one month trial subscription because I wasn't able to earn $10 from 10% back on PC products (bacon, chicken strips, cheese, butter, canola oil, strawberries are some of the items we purchased), didn't use online ordering (started an order but abandoned as it was too cumbersome) and don't think we received any extra offers.
(Related to that what makes you feel like you're at Disney thread, this felt like a DDP analysis.)

I know everyone's experience is different, but here is my experience since becoming an "Insider" last November. I took advantage of the 25,000 PC point promotion when I signed up for my membership ($25), we regularly buy PC products and so far have earned 28,000 pts ($28), I use PC Express so now I don't have to worry about what day I am placing my order as I no longer pay a fee and also get preferred time slot availability (savings $46) and one of my friend's used my referral code, which with the promotion earned me $25,000 pts ($25). So since November, for my $120 fee, I have already saved/earned $124, and my membership doesn't expire until November. For us, because we regularly purchase PC products and use PC Express on a regular basis (I love grocery shopping while in my PJs and the fact I can add/subtract from the order until midnight the night before), the membership works for us.

It's been interesting watching my offers over the past few weeks. We normally receive 14-20 offers, most of which we've purchased before.

2 weeks ago we couldn't leave the house due to Covid so I didn't use any of my offers that week and didn't remember (kinda a lot going on and not high priority) to save any of them. (Family and friends dropped groceries on our porch for us. ❤) The next week we were down to only 8 offers.

Last week we could leave the house again and I went grocery shopping. I used a couple of my offers and made sure to save at least 1 yesterday.

Today we have 14 offers again, all of which we normally purchase.

My experience is, using/saving them seems to make a huge difference in the number of offers we receive the following week.

And as an update, still not receiving any Shoppers weekend specials. Bummed as I often used those but they just stopped showing up about 6 weeks ago. :(

I don't have a Shoppers weekend special this week, I was hoping for something but I guess I'll have to wait and go another time.

I know everyone's experience is different, but here is my experience since becoming an "Insider" last November. I took advantage of the 25,000 PC point promotion when I signed up for my membership ($25), we regularly buy PC products and so far have earned 28,000 pts ($28), I use PC Express so now I don't have to worry about what day I am placing my order as I no longer pay a fee and also get preferred time slot availability (savings $46) and one of my friend's used my referral code, which with the promotion earned me $25,000 pts ($25). So since November, for my $120 fee, I have already saved/earned $124, and my membership doesn't expire until November. For us, because we regularly purchase PC products and use PC Express on a regular basis (I love grocery shopping while in my PJs and the fact I can add/subtract from the order until midnight the night before), the membership works for us.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did the trial thinking no fee PC Express would be the benefit to make it worthwhile (and sounds like that holds true for you) and reduce the need to shop in-store. Unfortunately, I found it frustrating to find the products I wanted online and abandoned my cart after a few items so I'm still shopping in-person.

It's been interesting watching my offers over the past few weeks. We normally receive 14-20 offers, most of which we've purchased before.

2 weeks ago we couldn't leave the house due to Covid so I didn't use any of my offers that week and didn't remember (kinda a lot going on and not high priority) to save any of them. (Family and friends dropped groceries on our porch for us. ❤) The next week we were down to only 8 offers.

Last week we could leave the house again and I went grocery shopping. I used a couple of my offers and made sure to save at least 1 yesterday.

Today we have 14 offers again, all of which we normally purchase.

My experience is, using/saving them seems to make a huge difference in the number of offers we receive the following week.

And as an update, still not receiving any Shoppers weekend specials. Bummed as I often used those but they just stopped showing up about 6 weeks ago. :(
I've noticed that too. Forgot to save offers last night and only have 7 today (6 are for items we have purchased before).

Nothing has changed with my offers for months. Week after week I only have 7-8. Most of them stuff I either never buy or buy only 2-3 times a year. We eat a diabetic diet so it is predominately meat and veg. Second to that is fruit. I used to get several offers for veg and about every second week there would 1-2 for meat. Currently I have 1 offer for peppers and the rest are for crackers, pre made guacamole (gross...I would never), make up and similar things. I’m beyond sick and tired of this crap. Last week the only points I got were from an instore offer on the yogurt that I take to work. So I earned 1000 whole points and had to buy 2 of them to even get that. Now I’ve got yogurt taking up space in my fridge for the next 2 weeks.

Oh ya...last week I also had an offer for some dishwasher tabs, which I might have gotten, but they are new and don’t exist in the store yet. I normally buy those at Costco but at the moment I can’t spare the time to go. It was one of the offers you can’t save which really sucks because it was 1000/$3.

othing has changed with my offers for months. Week after week I only have 7-8. Most of them stuff I either never buy or buy only 2-3 times a year. We eat a diabetic diet so it is predominately meat and veg. Second to that is fruit. I used to get several offers for veg and about every second week there would 1-2 for meat. Currently I have 1 offer for peppers and the rest are for crackers, pre made guacamole (gross...I would never), make up and similar things. I’m beyond sick and tired of this crap. Last week the only points I got were from an instore offer on the yogurt that I take to work. So I earned 1000 whole points and had to buy 2 of them to even get that. Now I’ve got yogurt taking up space in my fridge for the next 2 weeks.

Oh ya...last week I also had an offer for some dishwasher tabs, which I might have gotten, but they are new and don’t exist in the store yet. I normally buy those at Costco but at the moment I can’t spare the time to go. It was one of the offers you can’t save which really sucks because it was 1000/$3.

Our offers have not been great either for weeks. We buy the same things every week. Mostly fruits/veggies and extras. I don't buy meat at Superstore as we are super lucky have a little butcher shop that sells meat from local growers. But my offers sound like yours.

I have just been keeping my list going to shopper's...and when I have enough, I go on a bonus weekend or if they have an item I want with extra points attached to it.

It is a slow collecting year for me. I'll just keep plugging away at it. I have plans for the conversion to money. I had seriously thought about a new patio set...but decided to repaint what we have now and keep it for another year...or wait for an en of season sale :upsidedow It's discouraging, when our lives are pretty boring without much new on the horizon for many of us.

Nothing has changed with my offers for months. Week after week I only have 7-8. Most of them stuff I either never buy or buy only 2-3 times a year. We eat a diabetic diet so it is predominately meat and veg. Second to that is fruit. I used to get several offers for veg and about every second week there would 1-2 for meat. Currently I have 1 offer for peppers and the rest are for crackers, pre made guacamole (gross...I would never), make up and similar things. I’m beyond sick and tired of this crap. Last week the only points I got were from an instore offer on the yogurt that I take to work. So I earned 1000 whole points and had to buy 2 of them to even get that. Now I’ve got yogurt taking up space in my fridge for the next 2 weeks.

Our offers have not been great either for weeks. We buy the same things every week. Mostly fruits/veggies and extras. I don't buy meat at Superstore as we are super lucky have a little butcher shop that sells meat from local growers. But my offers sound like yours.

I have just been keeping my list going to shopper's...and when I have enough, I go on a bonus weekend or if they have an item I want with extra points attached to it.

It is a slow collecting year for me. I'll just keep plugging away at it. I have plans for the conversion to money. I had seriously thought about a new patio set...but decided to repaint what we have now and keep it for another year...or wait for an en of season sale :upsidedow It's discouraging, when our lives are pretty boring without much new on the horizon for many of us.
Sorry you've both had rough offers. That's disappointing for sure!

I got a 20X on $50 spend that showed up this morning. Wasn't there yesterday when I checked. The rest of my offers are fine, but I don't shop there a lot so expect that.

Where are my experts at ? Lol

I went to shoppers this am and did the $50 spend and my points showed on my receipt but a couple of hours later aren’t on my app?
do I worry ?
thanks

Where are my experts at ? Lol

I went to shoppers this am and did the $50 spend and my points showed on my receipt but a couple of hours later aren’t on my app?
do I worry ?
thanks
Interesting, never had this happen. It's usually so quick. When you go into your account and click on your shoppers drug mart transactions does your receipt show up there? If so, and you hit the expand icon does it show points there?

I had an issue Friday. I had a personal offer to buy $50 in Uber gift cards, get 7500 points. Since we do Uber eats on Saturdays I purchased $150 but no points showed. Loblaws told me I had to contact PC points so I did. I had my points posted in 24 hours but I hate chasing points.

It's Wednesday! Time to rollover and save those offers.
giphy.gif

Interesting, never had this happen. It's usually so quick. When you go into your account and click on your shoppers drug mart transactions does your receipt show up there? If so, and you hit the expand icon does it show points there?

I had an issue Friday. I had a personal offer to buy $50 in Uber gift cards, get 7500 points. Since we do Uber eats on Saturdays I purchased $150 but no points showed. Loblaws told me I had to contact PC points so I did. I had my points posted in 24 hours but I hate chasing points.

I had that same personal offer too which included Pizza Pizza and Gap Inc. I could have easily racked up points. But my store wouldn’t let me buy the gift cards, they have the gift card displays marked off as non-essential. So ridiculous.

I had that same personal offer too which included Pizza Pizza and Gap Inc. I could have easily racked up points. But my store wouldn’t let me buy the gift cards, they have the gift card displays marked off as non-essential. So ridiculous.

This is too late for you this time but Shoppers Drug Mart will let you buy anything in the store (at least around here), including gift cards. Walmart had wrap over their gift cards.

I am still fairly new to optimizing PC Optimum points. I just got an offer to spend $60 at Shoppers tomorrow to earn 20,000 points. Is that a good offer? Or should I wait?

I usually have trouble hitting $50-60 at Shoppers but think I can manage it in the next 1-2 months as I need a few higher priced things.

I am pleasantly surprised to see that our No Frills now has express order pick up!!! I knew that other stores in the bigger centers have that option, but I never thought out little store would ever get it. I prefer to buy my fresh produce there than at Superstore!!! AND it's super close to my house to boot. No running across the city to go to Superstore.

I might have to try and place a small order to see how well it goes!

Hoping to do a shop this weekend at Shoppers. I have a few items on our list again. All those points add up ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter