PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Just looked at this week's offers and will say they are well matched to our shopping. I shop at Superstore approx 1-2 times/week right now and what I'm seeing are all things I've purchased in the past 2 months.

One thing that has been missing last week and again this week are the Saturday and Sunday Shoppers offers. Normally I would see things like Lays chips for $0.99 or eggs for $1.29 but the past 2 weeks these have been missing. Has anyone else noticed this or, had these offers?

I was getting into a nice routine of walking to Shoppers on the weekend to take advantage of these incentives but now they're gone.

Just looked at this week's offers and will say they are well matched to our shopping. I shop at Superstore approx 1-2 times/week right now and what I'm seeing are all things I've purchased in the past 2 months.

One thing that has been missing last week and again this week are the Saturday and Sunday Shoppers offers. Normally I would see things like Lays chips for $0.99 or eggs for $1.29 but the past 2 weeks these have been missing. Has anyone else noticed this or, had these offers?

I was getting into a nice routine of walking to Shoppers on the weekend to take advantage of these incentives but now they're gone.

I have an offer for Lay's and Butter at low prices. Eggs here are $3+ a dozen now, regular price, so I think the days of really low prices on those are gone. The price jumped the past couple weeks, one day they were $2.29 a dozen and the next $3.

I have an offer for Lay's and Butter at low prices. Eggs here are $3+ a dozen now, regular price, so I think the days of really low prices on those are gone. The price jumped the past couple weeks, one day they were $2.29 a dozen and the next $3.
Thanks! It gives me hope that they'll come back here too!

I'm pretty sure that your price for eggs is more accurate than mine! :)

I seldom get those offers and certainly not in the last six months. This week I received the Lays one and one for bread.
Looks like they are still out there so maybe next week. Fingers crossed.

:welcome: to our little group!!!!

I know for me, I get the bulk of my points from shopping at Shopper's - on the weekends when they have their spend x amount get 20X the points. That being said, I still need to watch the prices of items that I am picking up at shoppers. At times their prices can be quite a bit more than at Superstore or No Frills. I keep a running list of items that I am needing, and will purchase those on a weekend special. I tend to buy most of my toiletries, and for sure my skincare and makeup from Shopper's.

My goal for this year is 800.00 in points. We will see how this works out.

So those 20X days are the best ones for shoppers and I should wait and shop on those. Do they have them often?
I noticed that they also sometimes run a redemption bonus, or did I mix that up with some other program?

So those 20X days are the best ones for shoppers and I should wait and shop on those. Do they have them often?
I noticed that they also sometimes run a redemption bonus, or did I mix that up with some other program?

They usually happen on weekends. Some weekends the spend threshold is more than other weekends. They also have bonus redemption weekends once a month as well. You essentially get to use less points for the same amount you might "spend" on other times you redeem points. Others here have waited for a redemption weekend to purchase bigger items that they have had their eye on. It helps with saving money ;)

Hi all,
I'm fairly green when it comes to collecting Pc points but I did manage to cash in a bunch and turn them into a $100 Disney Gift Card before our last trip. That cleaned out my account but it's starting to grow back up a little. I don't think I know how to maximize my points though and would love to learn and tricks and tips. Is there any particular post or page number in this thread that you all would recommend I look at? :) Kinda cheating on just reading through the whole 156 pages.
I'm by no means anything other than a casual collector of PC Optimum points, I'm well versed in everything Airmiles related BUT i can let you know what I've learned from this group and hope it helps you out. We don't shop at many of the stores or get gas at locations that give these points so they're both hard to collect AND use.

For me the most points I earn are from my targeted offers, since i don't shop very often they do tend to be almost exclusively items that I DO (other than a ridiculous amount of makeup??!!) so when a sale comes up I load up on those. I have limited diet and blueberries are a main component so when they go on sale I buy a ton of bags of frozen and get points for both frozen fruit AND blueberries. If products are available at both Zehrs & Shoppers I'll buy them at Shoppers since they offer points/dollar spent but the grocery stores don't. You're correct that Shoppers offers 20X offers and IF you are planning on spending over the threshold then that's your best bet. "Redemption" events tend to happen about once a month and while they used to be only on weekends they now run the entire week. This is the BEST time to use your points since they are "worth" more. You need to be super careful with Shoppers and their flyers though, they don't always coincide with the offers, for example, the flyer might change on Saturday but the 20X offer starts on Friday meaning you will get extra points but not necessarily the best price on items.

There's no real need to read through the entire thread, i would suggest you go weekly starting Wednesdays since that's when previews of flyers are available and people will start talking about the best offers they've seen. That will also give you the reminder to save your offers -- you can "save" offers you don't think you'll use and they'll be available to use starting Thursday. Read the terms on each offer MOST are good at any of the stores but if not it will clearly state that.

Good luck and if you have any questions go ahead and ask, this is a great community, they even put up with people like me who are not overly active :P

Edited to add:
I found my answer---- I called and they have around 15-20 people.

I have a weird/different question please,,,,,
but how many people do you think a single Shoppers Pharmacy employs,, average size store?
(I'd like to buy a $5 thank-you coffee Gift Card for each employee as a thank-you.)
20-25?????

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out my rate of return for using my PC Elite Mastercard. (Not great with math). We used to have credit cards that gave us travel rewards that were 2% then downgraded to 1.5%, so I'm trying to see if using the PC Card has greater rewards.

I recently bought a new fridge and stove and paid with it. Cost $3652.14. When I look on my Optimum App, it shows 43,660 points for that transaction.

(I also got Air Miles too, bought from Canadian Appliance Source) :flower:

I'm trying to figure out my rate of return for using my PC Elite Mastercard. (Not great with math). We used to have credit cards that gave us travel rewards that were 2% then downgraded to 1.5%, so I'm trying to see if using the PC Card has greater rewards.

I recently bought a new fridge and stove and paid with it. Cost $3652.14. When I look on my Optimum App, it shows 43,660 points for that transaction.

(I also got Air Miles too, bought from Canadian Appliance Source) :flower:
3652.14 x 1.2% = $43.82. 43,660 = $43.66.
So your getting close to 1.2% I believe. There may be other factors?

ETA- had you used the BMO MC World Elite you would have received 365 AM's which equates to about $38.42 so your ahead with the PC MC.

PC Point Redemption Event at Loblaws this week!

March 18-24

Redeem 70,000 points and get back 7,000 points (10% back in points)
Redeem 150,000 points and get back 22,500 points (15% back in points)
Redeem 250,000 points and get back 50,000 points (20% back in points)

Provigo in Quebec
Loblaws, Zehrs, YIG and Valu-mart in Ontario.

Dominion/Alantatic Superstore in the East-Will update later
Loblaws City Market/YIG in the West-Will update later

1034580_MKT_PCO_Redemption_Event_Email_Tile_EN_Pre_Promo_LOB%2C+Zehrs%2C+RASS%2C+DOM%2C+YIG+ON+%2B+YIG+West%2C+LCM.jpg

For those who buy Lotto, I had an offer in my PC account for 5000 points for ever $25 spent on OLG GC's. I just went to Loblaws and purchased $100 and the 20,000 points are in my account. I have several birthdays coming up so these will do nicely for one of them.

I just checked my offers to see if I had received an offer to use for a week day purchase. I found a 20X the points if I spend 50.00!!! That is on promo I can do easily. A new tube of mascara, some lip chap and easter candy!!!

I had planned to do a shop this weekend, but with working on Saturday ( and after that shift I just wanted to get home...it was exceptionally busy) and I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I stayed home and didn't want to go anywhere.

So, I will hit shopper's on my way home from work and pick up what I need!!! I was upset that I had missed out on the weekend, but was an even better offer :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter