Passports and flying in Jan.?

Reese

DIS Veteran
We are going to fly out of Buffalo. Am I correct in assuming I won't need a passport to fly since we will have already gone through customs at the border getting to the airport? It is 2007 that they are requiring passports for air and sea travel isn't it :confused3 ? It seems to be constantly changing.

Correct. You will not need a passport (assuming you are a Canadian citizen, born in Canada) to cross at a USA land border crossing in Jan /07.

Dependent on how the USA regulations pan out, you may or may not need a passport to fly into the USA (probably not, but that's still speculation)

:confused3 Hmmm..we are driving from Nova Scotia to Boston and flying out of Logan.

Passports are needed if you enter the US via air or sea as of January 1/07. It will be Jan 2008 before the land crossing requires them. That being said, we're not taking any chances and will be getting ours before we leave.

I figure being Canadian and flying out of an american airport on an american airline they may request it.

Better to be safe than sorry.

We always use our passports just for the convenience factor. We have friends who live in the Maritimes and they were reporting that the border guards there were asking for passports this summer. While it certainly isn't a requirement...before it passes they will surely come up with something else that costs us money to obtain....it made the crossing that much easier....if you get one then you could perhaps fly last minute somewhere that does require a passport....assuming that you would imagine vacationing in places other than WDW !!!

We got all ours this spring. I simply am trying to make border crossing more time efficient and avoid any last minute rush if they change their mind....again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter