PASSED ROFR IN 8 DAYS

pinnocchiosdad

DIS Veteran
I just passed rofr in 8 days. I know this is fast. This brings me to try to think Disney's thought process. Are they maybe putting all purchases on hold? Did they tighten up on what contracts they are buying back? Do they expect resale prices to drop and they are waiting to pounce on them? By the way it was a 160 pt loaded BLT contract for $136.

They were passing really fast in December and early January. I think the speed is more to do with demand. It seems like buying/selling has slowed down a lot the past month so the ROFR will go through fast. That is a good price with banked points. I saw a lot of BLT go for around that price in January, but they were always stripped. Its hard to say what Disney will do. I think they won't ROFR what would normally be good deals. But they still might do it if there is a really low ball offer. At least for now. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the sustained impact of this crisis. Especially with how much money the government has pumped into the economy. The enhanced unemployment benefits through July 31st are going to help a lot of people who aren't small business owners.

yes ROFR sped up significantly during the great recession, though it was still inconsistent

Wow! That is awesome. Hopefully I will Be buying BLT in a few months...providing my current contract sells!

Congrats, glad to hear the ROFR is speeding up. As long as you are happy with the deal you got, it doesn't matter what DVC does in the future. I think it has more to do with not spending money unnecessary while they are losing money today (paying employees), and not earning anything while shutdown.

Great3

I got three estoppels for closing within 48 hours of ROFR.

Awesome! That's what I've experienced in the past, but this time around I passed ROFR 9 days ago, and still no closing docs. (This is my first time using Magic Vacation Title instead of Mason, so not certain if that's a factor).

I passed this fast in late 2019, when everything was fine, and it was a low bid that I thought might not make it.

Disney will NOT exercise ROFR now, unless it is ridiculous low like $80 for BLT

We just put in an offer for BRV last week and have not heard back yet. Our agency did not tell us that they were not doing ROFR at this time so I am curios whether any one has heard they are still accepting ROFR at this time or if they have closed due to the Covid 19 or if they are still accepting offers at this time. Does anyone know if it as business as usual?

They just dumped Onward onto Disney plus after a measly two weeks out for sale. They just mandated massive paycuts for executives, furloughs etc. ESPN is showing coll b-ball games from like 1978. Do you really think they’re gonna exercise ROFRs here? Really?

We just put in an offer for BRV last week and have not heard back yet. Our agency did not tell us that they were not doing ROFR at this time so I am curios whether any one has heard they are still accepting ROFR at this time or if they have closed due to the Covid 19 or if they are still accepting offers at this time. Does anyone know if it as business as usual?
They are still operating as usual. The DVC teams are all working, most working from home. I confirmed with them that the ROFR team is working currently remotely.

Thanks poofy101, we have been debating buying for 3 years now and though times are tough it is a good time to buy. My only concern now is when we eventually close our travel dates are in March 2021 and when the parks open we will not have many or any options to book because everyone is ready to get back! Fingers crossed we can get in. Thanks for the update.

I had a contract submitted to ROFR on Feb 29th, a couple of weeks before everything shut down. The whole process moved very fast, deed was recorded on April 3rd. Hope to see contract in my dashboard this week or next.

They just dumped Onward onto Disney plus after a measly two weeks out for sale.

For what it's worth, that was announced at the time it was initially put up for rental 2 weeks ago (it was never on sale, only rental). Seemed odd to me they'd announce a free (or at least much less expensive) way to watch it if you could just be patient, but that's what they did.

They are still operating as usual. The DVC teams are all working, most working from home. I confirmed with them that the ROFR team is working currently remotely.
Sales agents aren't working. Or at least the office where my agent is located is shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter