Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Hi all!

I like to think we're pretty fun too, but that may only be in our heads. Sometimes we break out in geek talk, so you just have to tell us to shush.

I am with you sweetie! DH and I think we are lots of fun, too. But maybe just for us - we are used to each other, and appreciate our banter.

When ever someone asks me my favorite hobbie, I usually cringe (thinking about their reaction), when I reply, "Reading.":confused3

No good response:

"While we appreciate your interest, this is a walk-about reception format
event, limited seating is available at cocktail style tables. You may
want to ask at the entrance to the event since we do not book any
seating for it."

But at least we tried!

You get an "A" for effort, which really makes no sense since the letter 'a' isn't even in the word "effort." ;)

All joking aside, thanks for making the attempt. I'm sure with 20+ of us we'll be fine. :goodvibes

Jay and I digest finger-foods best when vertical anyway. :lmao:

You get an "A" for effort, which really makes no sense since the letter 'a' isn't even in the word "effort." ;)

All joking aside, thanks for making the attempt. I'm sure with 20+ of us we'll be fine. :goodvibes

Jay and I digest finger-foods best when vertical anyway. :lmao:

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

I'm currently trying to figure out if I can write a dining review on this and get it published somewhere so I can take it off on my taxes. Of course, I tried that with last year's cruise and it didn't fly. :rolleyes1

Maybe Food and Wine is looking for Disney stories, eh Brenda? :upsidedow

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

I'm currently trying to figure out if I can write a dining review on this and get it published somewhere so I can take it off on my taxes. Of course, I tried that with last year's cruise and it didn't fly. :rolleyes1

Maybe Food and Wine is looking for Disney stories, eh Brenda? :upsidedow

I like your thinking.

No good response:

seating for it."

But at least we tried!

Thanks for trying. :thumbsup2

No good response:

seating for it."

But at least we tried!
Well at least you tried! Thank you!!
I'm so excited for this trip!! I don't know how I'll make it to Oct. 19th without bursting!

Oh, and a little OT - I just booked my family's Christmas 2008 trip and I feel so overwhelmed!! We're doing the DDP Deluxe so that's SOOOO many ADR's to make! Oh, and my ticker seems so far away for that trip!

Oh, and a little OT - I just booked my family's Christmas 2008 trip and I feel so overwhelmed!! We're doing the DDP Deluxe so that's SOOOO many ADR's to make! Oh, and my ticker seems so far away for that trip!

Thats going to be a great Christmas!

I understand that ADR thing...Shaun and I decided to go all out for our honeymoon and well..i've made like 20 adrs for an 11 day trip...the first person I got was dumb and it took 30 minutes to make 3 adrs and I know that shouldn't be the case...so I called back and got the rest down in 15 minutes.

Thats going to be a great Christmas!

I understand that ADR thing...Shaun and I decided to go all out for our honeymoon and well..i've made like 20 adrs for an 11 day trip...the first person I got was dumb and it took 30 minutes to make 3 adrs and I know that shouldn't be the case...so I called back and got the rest down in 15 minutes.
We're going for 6 nights/7 days. I don't even know where to begin because things change when you throw Christmas into the mix, especially with ADR's. But I'm soooo excited! It will be the first family trip that includes the Dbf (or Dfi, I'm just not in the habit of calling him that yet), as family.

The ADR maker thingie that the wdwinfo site has is a major help!! It helps you check off the restaurants you want to do, what day your ressies are for and the 180 mark so you can make the ressies.

We're going for 6 nights/7 days. I don't even know where to begin because things change when you throw Christmas into the mix, especially with ADR's. But I'm soooo excited! It will be the first family trip that includes the Dbf (or Dfi, I'm just not in the habit of calling him that yet), as family.

The ADR maker thingie that the wdwinfo site has is a major help!! It helps you check off the restaurants you want to do, what day your ressies are for and the 180 mark so you can make the ressies.

Its ok...after almost 1.5 years of being engaged, I still call Fi my 'bf' about half of the time.

What dates are you going?

I think if I went over Christmas, I would love to have either Christmas or Christmas Eve at California Grill. And don't plan on going on the parks on Christmas day! I spent Christmas at Disney when I was 10 and I remember walking into the park and 30 minutes later just going back to the room because it was crazy, luckily we were staying at the Contemporary at the time so we just spent time at there, the Poly and the GF to look at their Christmas decorations.

Its ok...after almost 1.5 years of being engaged, I still call Fi my 'bf' about half of the time.

What dates are you going?

I think if I went over Christmas, I would love to have either Christmas or Christmas Eve at California Grill. And don't plan on going on the parks on Christmas day! I spent Christmas at Disney when I was 10 and I remember walking into the park and 30 minutes later just going back to the room because it was crazy, luckily we were staying at the Contemporary at the time so we just spent time at there, the Poly and the GF to look at their Christmas decorations.
We're going 12/22-12/28, 2008. I wanted to do a Candlelight Processional Package on Christmas Day but a few people have mentioned that parks on that day are nuts, I've been to parks on New Years Eve and that was AWFUL!! But I don't know. I know that my mom wants to do something different for Christmas Eve, because we're cuban and that's really the day we celebrate, so I was thinking Jiko that night, it's not our usual kind of food but Iknow we'll enjoy it. Christmas day may just be Cali grill because we all really love it!

No good response:

seating for it."

But at least we tried!

Melissa, Thanks so much for trying! We really appreciate the effort! I think we'll be fine, if most of us get there early & make a mad rush to grab a few good tables! Last year we had one very close to the stage, it was neat to take be able to sit to eat and watch Cirque!!

Jennifer, That's going to be fun! I really enjoy the planning of our trips & you'll have plenty of time for that! The family trip is going to be exciting starting all new family traditions with your DF along!

Jennifer, That's going to be fun! I really enjoy the planning of our trips & you'll have plenty of time for that! The family trip is going to be exciting starting all new family traditions with your DF along!
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, he's never really had a family that celebrates holiday's together so this will be my family's chance to show him how we like to celebrate the holidays. I also want my family to really see he and I together because they are still iffy about him. I want them to love him as much as I do.

Jennifer,
That sounds like a nice choice.

Yeah, my parents are so excited about it, and so am I. :banana:

And your wedding trip sounds incredible. I'm so jealous!;) I'm still tossing around the idea of a Disney Wedding. An intimate one because it's only him, his mom and sister and I only have 12 immediate family members I'd want to invite and who I know would defintely go.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, he's never really had a family that celebrates holiday's together so this will be my family's chance to show him how we like to celebrate the holidays. I also want my family to really see he and I together because they are still iffy about him. I want them to love him as much as I do.

Yeah, my parents are so excited about it, and so am I. :banana:

And your wedding trip sounds incredible. I'm so jealous!;) I'm still tossing around the idea of a Disney Wedding. An intimate one because it's only him, his mom and sister and I only have 12 immediate family members I'd want to invite and who I know would defintely go.

Jennifer, A Disney Wedding, oooohhhhh!!! Having a small family might actually make it affordable! We checked into it a few years back when we started planning my DD's wedding & :eek: Wow, it sure was expensive. But then we had a pretty big crowd ended up inviting 300 people.

Jennifer, A Disney Wedding, oooohhhhh!!! Having a small family might actually make it affordable! We checked into it a few years back when we started planning my DD's wedding & :eek: Wow, it sure was expensive. But then we had a pretty big crowd ended up inviting 300 people.
I threw out an estimated amount to my mom and stepdad when he was in town a few days ago (this was including the intimate ceremony and a small reception at California Grill for the 16 of us) and they seemed ok with it. It's a heck of alot cheaper than weddings down here in Miami. I think the estimated price was close to $7000. And heck, to get a vacation and wedding in one sounds good to to me!! My parents said they'd pay for the wedding but that we'd be on our own for accomodations and vacation stuff. Works for me!!

Thanks.

Less than 6 more months and I'm a married woman, :scared1:
but in seriousness,
It was an affordable way to have a really nice wedding for a small number of guests. We have 8 guests, it would have been 18 but I really wanted Sunset Pointe so I was limited - plus we have V&A afterwards and what better way to spend the evening meal.

When I first looked into having a disney wedding, our guest list exloded and we would have had 200 guests...that was about 30/50k depending on ceremony times. I put my foot down and Shaun expressed his concerns and he said he doesn't want something that big since it won't be very personal so we switched to an intimate at Sunset Pointe...4k for the ceremony & cake & toasting. V & A is about 2k for the private room...my parents were happy about the price reduction.

Thanks.

Less than 6 more months and I'm a married woman, :scared1:
but in seriousness,
It was an affordable way to have a really nice wedding for a small number of guests. We have 8 guests, it would have been 18 but I really wanted Sunset Pointe so I was limited - plus we have V&A afterwards and what better way to spend the evening meal.
Yeah that's what I was saying to my mom. I'd rather have a small group that I can enjoy the day with than 100+ people that will probably criticize it later for whatever reason. And, besides, I don't even think I know 100+ people, haha :rotfl:
My cousin had a small wedding with a chapel mass/ceremony and lunch at a nice restaurant with 13 people in total and it was in my opinion the nicest wedding I've been to.

Wow, V&A's was $2000, that's like a bargain!! I'm looking at Cali Grill and for the 16 it would be a few dollars over $2000, but it's not even close to the caliber of V&A's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter