PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Wow. This does seem a bit excessive and like its setting her up to want brands she may not be able to afford later ... my brother's current GF bought me a Coach purse for my wedding and I'm afraid to use it because I don't like the idea of being identified as someone who could afford something like that. So the only time I take it out is when we stay at the Grand Californian so then I feel like I "blend". :cool2:

I know. I have never been a 'brand' person .. more of a pink & sparkly person HA! Bronwyn doesn't even know what Coach is ..... shes very much leggings, t-shirt and Ugg type boots. Shes never been girlie, I'm the girlie one.

I sit in carpool some days and I'm like :eek: .... 6th graders carrying Coach totes :eek:

Umm......most of us are planning to deal with our PDD by moving this thread over to the community forum after December so we can keep micromanaging each others' lives. So, you see, there's absolutely no need to resort to developing another hobby :rotfl:

Haha, feel free to micromanage mine. But, I think I'll be on here even less (if that's possible). I just registered for classes, and I may have over-stretched myself. I'm signed up for 18 credit hours (Intro to Education, Technology in Education, Educational Psychology, Diversity in Education, Honors English 102, and Microeconomics), plus I'm working two jobs. Uggh, this won't be fun...

Did everybody see they're going to be testing FP+ again!!

People have been getting e-mails from TA's! I'm so bummed we're arriving at the second part of our split stay on Dec 9, not on Dec 11 ...

The dates are Dec 11-15 for those of you who are. Hope some of our gang gets invitations!

I think levenhopper and possibly ValGoof are eligible for it (if she keeps her original plan!).

I'm hopeful, but doubting it. I don't think they'll give it to people who booked through TAs. When they were upgrading people in AoA because LM was oversold, I wasn't eligible for that, either.

I'm hopeful, but doubting it. I don't think they'll give it to people who booked through TAs. When they were upgrading people in AoA because LM was oversold, I wasn't eligible for that, either.

I wonder if they'll include DVC members...I'll have my DW check her email to see if we have anything.

Mom2Cody06 said:
Looks like your ready to go!!!!

I am so ready to go. Minus the full house clean. I am impressed that even with a villa that's for 2 adults, a 3 yo and 1 yo. The med suitcase is filled with food!! Hahaha!

So still don't have our VW back. One of the parts was on back order and now they don't know if they will have it done.... Grrr. I'm not very happy about it. Well bright side I will be in Disney on Fri!!

Yay!! Part 5!!

I just got home from work, did the dishes, sorted the mail. Wrapped a holiday gift for the DBF that is an early present. It's in his stocking and I'm going to tell him it's from Mickey when he finds it.

The other present that came in today I already hid away.

I'm just waiting for him to call me. He's going to my storage unit to get my Tevas. Then stopping at the grocery.

In the meantime, I'm having an adult beverage, and reviewing the packing list.

I only have 7 more days of work!!!

I just decided to pour myself a glass of wine. I'm not much of a
connoisseur but when I bought all my baking supplies last weekend there was a cart of wine that was marked down.......This bottle was listed at $3.50 and it was a Chablis so I picked it up......it was normally $25! So I got the other bottle that was marked down along with it...... I love a good deal!

Did everybody see they're going to be testing FP+ again!!

People have been getting e-mails from TA's! I'm so bummed we're arriving at the second part of our split stay on Dec 9, not on Dec 11 ...

The dates are Dec 11-15 for those of you who are. Hope some of our gang gets invitations!

Oh, our first WDW day is Dec 9th.....but we don't come back home until the 17th. I didn't have a travel agent.....how does one get an invitation?

hummingbird has flown the nest ... started her journey ....

SAT887 has pictures of LUGGAGE

:cool1: Lets get this party started!!!!!

So DD is 12 now, getting a little fussy on clothes so grandma takes her out this evening to get some sneakers for Disney. She needs comfy shoes, says Grandma. Shes going to be walking miles, says Grandma

Umm, ya - but she doesn't need COACH. She didn't even know what they were but of course, Grandma has now educated her :rolleyes2

Jeez Grandma. How come you made me wear crappy shoes I hated but you get my daughter a pair of Coach. OMG. Thats it. The child is getting a JOB!

Wow......shows you how much I know....I thought Coach just made purses :)

OK..watching Scrooge (not to be consfused with the equally awesome Scrooged, with Bill Murray), "dis-ing", and brainstorming last minute packing stuff (like batteries for the led lights we got to decorate our stroller).

Saw mention of "adult beverage" in earlier post. Now contemplating exactly what type of "adult beverage" would go well with the above activities...hmmm.

We're getting ready to watch Charlie Brown Christmas. I'm dvring Chicago Fire too.......my high school/college sweetheart is an actor living in Chicago and he's been in a couple decent movies.....he plays one of the fire fighters in Chicago Fire. (Moosh? is the character he plays)......it's fun to see him on my tv :scared1:

I made yummy homemade turkey noodle soup for dinner......and baked my grandma's recipe for oatmeal cookies......that makes me at about 40 dozen so far this season :eek: Of course I had to freeze a bunch of them so my ds doesn't eat them all while we are in Florida!

I wonder if they'll include DVC members...I'll have my DW check her email to see if we have anything.

I don't think so sadly.

I have a CM at Guest Services that I contact directly if I need anything and we were talking on Monday about the testing - she said it is only those who take ME, which we don't.

Not sure if it matters, but...I played all the ACs on PS3. Xbox controls might be better/different.

My main complaint was that the shoulder buttons do too much, now. You end up jumping a lot (as in: off buildings and cliffs) when free running. It really complicates things. They also really oversimplified the interaction commands (distilling it down to one button)..which sounds good until you're close to two different things that you can interact with and you have to twiddle the controller to draw focus to the one you want to interact with. In earlier versions, different interactions were (hands vs head vs feet) were mapped to different buttons. Made it a bit easier to deal with.

But don't let that scare you off: They're pretty forgiving games, all in all. There's not much of a "death penalty" and, like the Uncharted games, even the complex sequences are "doable" with a little trial and error/practice.

Awesome! Gamestop still has the 7 Day return on used games, no questions asked. Maybe I should go pick it up and try it out.. I'd get it on the 360. I like the controller so much more. (and yes, I have pink controllers for the 360, PS3 and my Wii)

Just FYI:

Coach factory sale tomorrow:

www.coachfactory.com

;)

I'm scoping a purse for my wife for Xmas.

I saw the email. I have so many handbags/pocketbooks that I can't possibly use them all. I'm just glad Coach Factory Outlet is now online.

I know. I have never been a 'brand' person .. more of a pink & sparkly person HA! Bronwyn doesn't even know what Coach is ..... shes very much leggings, t-shirt and Ugg type boots. Shes never been girlie, I'm the girlie one.

I sit in carpool some days and I'm like :eek: .... 6th graders carrying Coach totes :eek:

I love pink and sparkly!

My thing with Coach is I have classic bags from them that are over 16 years old that are still in great shape. Yes, they do have a lot of trendy type bags too, I own a couple. I have Coach shoes that I've been wearing for at least 8 years.

That said, if I'm not wearing my Tevas or flip flops in the park, I'll be in Chucks.

Alright, we are now in our new home. I am just afraid we will move to part 6 while I am away! ahh!!

So excited that some of you have left or are just about to leave!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

As soon as we get some folks back, I will start the Dec Roll Call group PTR thread. Will keep you all posted.

Welcome to our 2 newest Roll Callers!

Haha, feel free to micromanage mine. But, I think I'll be on here even less (if that's possible). I just registered for classes, and I may have over-stretched myself. I'm signed up for 18 credit hours (Intro to Education, Technology in Education, Educational Psychology, Diversity in Education, Honors English 102, and Microeconomics), plus I'm working two jobs. Uggh, this won't be fun....

That's an awful lot of hours to carry and work! Plus you have Honor English which will require some extra work......however, maybe a few of the Education classes won't be as taxing on you..... I need to pick up a Statistic course one of these semesters.....it's required before I can start on my Master's which I'm still not fully committed to yet.... Maybe I'll just work on my scrapbooks with my spare time :laughing:

I don't think so sadly.

I have a CM at Guest Services that I contact directly if I need anything and we were talking on Monday about the testing - she said it is only those who take ME, which we don't.

We aren't taking ME either, since we're taking the train down. :(

I don't think so sadly.

We're using ME on our way back to MCO after our vacation....I wonder if we'll be considered?

Hey, Arwen, have you heard of anyone being able to get their early ticket pick up at POR? I swear I read that somewhere....that sometimes they can save you the trip to Guest Services for early ticket pick up and do it right at the resort.......I'm not sure what time we'll get to POR on sunday, Dec 9th. We're leaving Universal sometime in the afternoon but I wanted to get to DHS early enough to get in a few rides before Osbourne Lights.......

We're getting ready to watch Charlie Brown Christmas. I'm dvring Chicago Fire too.......my high school/college sweetheart is an actor living in Chicago and he's been in a couple decent movies.....he plays one of the fire fighters in Chicago Fire. (Moosh? is the character he plays)......it's fun to see him on my tv :scared1:

I'm DVRing Charlie Brown. We own it on DVD..but this is an easier play for the kids tomorrow.

Contemplating a couple fingers of Drambui...or being really ambitious and making some hot toddies. My wife is at a Cake decorating class and should be home in about 20 min. Might meet her at the door with something warm and yummy.

I don't think so sadly.

We DO take ME (Magical Express). DVC members have that option available to them and we are signed up for this trip (though we're only using them for the return trip from the resort to the airport).

I'll keep an eye out, just in case.

PrincessAurora27 said:
Awesome! Gamestop still has the 7 Day return on used games, no questions asked. Maybe I should go pick it up and try it out.. I'd get it on the 360. I like the controller so much more. (and yes, I have pink controllers for the 360, PS3 and my Wii)

I saw the email. I have so many handbags/pocketbooks that I can't possibly use them all. I'm just glad Coach Factory Outlet is now online.

I love pink and sparkly!

My thing with Coach is I have classic bags from them that are over 16 years old that are still in great shape. Yes, they do have a lot of trendy type bags too, I own a couple. I have Coach shoes that I've been wearing for at least 8 years.

That said, if I'm not wearing my Tevas or flip flops in the park, I'll be in Chucks.

I have to day coach bags wear well. I have one that is about 8 years old and it's a classic style and looks great. There is wear on the buckle but that's barely noticeable. I'm not a big coach person but I will say the quality is great.

We've got a pink controller, too (for 360). It's my wifes. :) She does game, on occasion, too (usually something with local multiplayer so we can play together).

Likewise, we have the PS3, 360, and Wii. Not really all that interested in the new Wii U.

Ditto. We don't have a physical factory store anywhere near us.

I had some whipped cream vodka in Coke Zero, a glass of wine is sounding good but it's a work night.

I'm over here bouncing off the walls.. We leave in 11 sleeps.. I want to open the window and scream we're going to Disney!! Every so often it just hits me and I'm overwhelmed by excitement. :hyper: I think I'm vibrating again!

I had some whipped cream vodka in Coke Zero, a glass of wine is sounding good but it's a work night.

I'm over here bouncing off the walls.. We leave in 11 sleeps.. I want to open the window and scream we're going to Disney!! Every so often it just hits me and I'm overwhelmed by excitement. :hyper: I think I'm vibrating again!

Hmm...I think we have some iced cake vodka and I could whip up some cream soda in the sodastream.

Now I'm really torn. The iced cake vodka and cream soda is easy..the hot toddies are warm.

WedgieSock said:
hummingbird has flown the nest ... started her journey ....

SAT887 has pictures of LUGGAGE

:cool1: Lets get this party started!!!!!

So DD is 12 now, getting a little fussy on clothes so grandma takes her out this evening to get some sneakers for Disney. She needs comfy shoes, says Grandma. Shes going to be walking miles, says Grandma

Umm, ya - but she doesn't need COACH. She didn't even know what they were but of course, Grandma has now educated her :rolleyes2

Jeez Grandma. How come you made me wear crappy shoes I hated but you get my daughter a pair of Coach. OMG. Thats it. The child is getting a JOB!

Sounds like something my Mom would do for my boys, well not Coach but you get the idea. I had the generic bobo shoes and my kids get name brand everything, lol

pilferk said:
Just FYI:

Coach factory sale tomorrow:

www.coachfactory.com

;)

I'm scoping a purse for my wife for Xmas.

Enabler alert!!!! Thanks ... DH may not be thanking you though. I must say I got a fantastic deal at the Coach Outlet about a month ago. They gave me a 30% coupon as I walked in. I found a $58 wristlet on clearance and ended up paying $18 for it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter