Parking at the Swan/Dolphin

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have driven (either your own car or a rental),
what is the parking like at these two resorts? Is it like the rest of the disney resorts where you must register your car, etc, etc?
We will be staying at the swan with a rental car, and we will be having relatives from Florida come to the parks with us. We would like for them to be able to park at the resort for convienence. Do you think this will be a problem?
Thanks

I've never stayed at the D or S, so I don't know about the parking situation. That said, at most Disney resorts, if you are not a guest at the resort, you are given a 3-hour parking permit. After 3 hours, your car may be towed. I've never seen this happen, but there have been reports from others who have seen it occur at the Poly and GF. This can be a hot-button issue, especially if you're staying at a resort, drive back and cannot find a parking place because non-guests have filled the parking lot.

My recommendation: be considerate and ask your relatives to park at TTC or at the parks. It'll give everyone some peace of mind and you can enjoy the parks without wondering if your car is being towed away. :eek:

Unless things have changed, there are no parking lot attendants at the Swan or Dolphin. You do not have to register your car.

We were at the Swan last month. There was valet parking if you wanted it, and there was also regular parking (remember this is the Swan. I don't know about the Dolphin). We parked our car in a lot that was very close to the hotel. We did not have to register our car-no info at the front desk and no card in the window. There was no gate attendent or gate to drive through.
Hope this helps.

We just returned from the Dolphin this week. You can use Vallet parking or self parking. The lot is a good distance away from the front entrance. You have to walk through the banquet/meeting area to reach it.

They did offer us complimentry parking but we wern't interested.

It shouldn't be a problem. Unlike other on site resorts - The Swan and Dolphin do not have parking lot attentant kiosks.
We stayed at both with our car, Swan lot is closer to hotel front entrance than Dolphin, and is just a short walk.
There always seemed to be a lot of empty spaces in the lot, so I don't believe they will be taking away from guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter