Park Entertainment Cuts Have Been Confirmed

Great job Disney - keep all the 'cuts' going while constantly raising prices - next April trip will probably be our last - was supposed to be one of three trips with APs in 2020 - no APs now. We'll take our $'s elsewhere with more value.

I have to agree with you and I've done APs in the past but no longer. Also, a DVC member since 1992 and seriously thinking of selling next year which I wouldn't even consider a few years ago. MAYBE try to acquire a smaller resale contract but will try to buy where I want to stay since it's virtually impossible to rent a studio in a 7 month window anymore. Not going every year won't kill me. It's just getting too expensive and seems like getting less for more these days.

I enjoyed the show, but I think there are many reasons the Muppets show is being canceled.
When I watched the show, it didn't seem to attract much of an audience.
The nature of it starting while people were walking by was a bit confusing. Not the best guest experience.
It caused a bottleneck in guest traffic
Try as Disney has, the Muppets are just not as popular as other characters. It doesn't seem like the right fit.

Hopefully, they will use the money saved to come up with some new shows and entertainment and not just cut to save money.

I've seen it twice and both times it was pretty crowded but of course it wasn't in the heat of summer.

I have to agree with you and I've done APs in the past but no longer. Also, a DVC member since 1992 and seriously thinking of selling next year which I wouldn't even consider a few years ago. MAYBE try to acquire a smaller resale contract but will try to buy where I want to stay since it's virtually impossible to rent a studio in a 7 month window anymore. Not going every year won't kill me. It's just getting too expensive and seems like getting less for more these days.

Also a member since 1992. The cuts including park hours, EMH at night, entertainment, etc. is very frustrating and leaves one thinking about just dumping DVC. How far can the greed go?

It may be too late, but PLEASE contact Disney. Writing here is good, as we all share our disappointments, but EMAIL DISNEY, too. Write to guest.services@disneyworld.com to let them know how you feel. Be polite, but offer your disappointment to them. Once upon a time, Disney cut the EMH, then known simply as Early Entry. I was a member of RADP back then when it was still just a newsgroup, and we started a campaign. Within a few months, I got a call from Disney saying they had heard us. They would bring EE back and even EXPAND it into EMH so evenings would be included. It doesn't happen often (not nearly often enough), but it's only possible if we try!

One of my favorite memories ever was my son getting called up by the Majesty Makers to pull the sword in the stone when he was 5. Makes me sad. That was some real Disney magic.

Impending Entertainment cuts have been announced. This news is also being Tweeted out by bloggers.

MK: Muppets Present Great Moments in American History will end on October 6th.

Royal Majesty Makers - not exactly sure where they walked around performing but their last day is October 5th.

DHS: Lightning McQueen’s DJ’s Ready! Set! Dance! is also slated to end that first weekend in October.

Kenny has an article with the same confirmed info:

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2019/09/13/entertainment-cuts-coming-to-walt-disney-world/
I realize the park volume is lower, and that they have an obligation to their shareholders to just keep topping the numbers, but can I just say that having less volume in the parks is so much nicer in terms of guest enjoyment???? And the parks are still earning a healthy income. Is it really necessary to cut entertainment? I know out of one side of their mouth they say they want to control volume with this new pricing schedule but truly I think they really just want the park packed all the time.

I am hoping its not cost cutting but re-purposing. Its very disappointing because the Muppets and teaching american history seemed to have a good feel and worked. That show was the first time our kids have ever asked about the muppets. Its a good brand but Disney seems determined to drive it into the ground. Where is Jason Segel when you need him.. only person who seems to care about keeping them around. We are at the point where Universal is probably our next Orlando visit. Sad but its not worth the cost or hassle to do Disney every year... even every few years.

Maybe Disney is about to raise ticket and AP prices again. They know we won't complain about the increase so much now that we see the cuts in live entertainment.

I realize the park volume is lower, and that they have an obligation to their shareholders to just keep topping the numbers, but can I just say that having less volume in the parks is so much nicer in terms of guest enjoyment???? And the parks are still earning a healthy income. Is it really necessary to cut entertainment? I know out of one side of their mouth they say they want to control volume with this new pricing schedule but truly I think they really just want the park packed all the time.

I am a shareholder and this upsets me. I'd much rather there be less people in the parks and more to enjoy then the constant cuts. They had issues with galaxy's edge and entertainment too. It's stuff like this that makes me want to pull my money out.

My take is different from most here. I do understand the disappointment and to some degree I understand it. I also see the huge investments WDW is making in the parks, and all of the new things that have been added. It is a shame to loose some of those "little touches" and I hope some of the remaining ones continue, but to me this isn't a big deal. Frankly, I thought the Muppets show was "cute" at best, but nothing special.

Change is hard, a lot of people get uncomfortable with it. Disney has made a lot of changes to WDW over the years and it seems recently they're making a lot more changes. While I'll miss some of the things that are gone, I'm really looking forward to the new things to come.

My take is different from most here. I do understand the disappointment and to some degree I understand it. I also see the huge investments WDW is making in the parks, and all of the new things that have been added. It is a shame to loose some of those "little touches" and I hope some of the remaining ones continue, but to me this isn't a big deal. Frankly, I thought the Muppets show was "cute" at best, but nothing special.

Change is hard, a lot of people get uncomfortable with it. Disney has made a lot of changes to WDW over the years and it seems recently they're making a lot more changes. While I'll miss some of the things that are gone, I'm really looking forward to the new things to come.
To me it wouldn't be a big deal If they were replacing with something else but this trend has been happening for a while and it's disheartening that the little touches are going away every year.

It may be too late, but PLEASE contact Disney. Writing here is good, as we all share our disappointments, but EMAIL DISNEY, too. Write to guest.services@disneyworld.com to let them know how you feel. Be polite, but offer your disappointment to them. Once upon a time, Disney cut the EMH, then known simply as Early Entry. I was a member of RADP back then when it was still just a newsgroup, and we started a campaign. Within a few months, I got a call from Disney saying they had heard us. They would bring EE back and even EXPAND it into EMH so evenings would be included. It doesn't happen often (not nearly often enough), but it's only possible if we try!
Write to higher ups. That often gets you a bit further than the general email.

I'm going to disagree with the bolded. Over the past 10 years we have seen a steady decline in atmosphere entertainment, and while some things have been added it has been more the cuts than the additions
Just off the top of my head:
MK:
Giggle Gaggle Clowns
Spectromagic/ MSEP
Train Welcome show
Epcot:
Fife and Drum
Candy Lady in Japan
Ziti Sisters in Italy
Flag show in Italy
World Showcase Players Italy and UK
China Acrobats (still there but shows greatly reduced)
Off Kilter (replaced by several acts)
DHS:
Four for a Dollar (pre B&B show)
Hollywood Public Works troupe
reduction in Citizens of Hollywood sets and actors
Mulch Sweat and Shears
afternoon parade
AK:
Jammin Jungle Parade
I think it would be more accurate to say the MK Welcome show was moved and reworked, rather than cut. And some of the World Showcase performers you listed were rotated out and eventually replaced.

But I agree that World Showcase Players were never replaced. They were there for decades, and I never saw them fail to attract a crowd.

And some that you missed:
  • Future Corps drum & bugle corps at Epcot
  • The strength acrobats on the Epcot Fountain Stage
  • All the roving robot characters (including Muppet Labs) at Epcot over the years
  • Hollywood Hit Men band at DHS
  • Ding-a-Ling Sisters at DHS (that's going back a few years, but one of my faves)
And I miss all of the great Christmas entertainment that used to be at Epcot, including the Lights of Winter, the international tree lighting ceremony, the guy that played Carol of the Bells on a portable carillon, and now the Fountain Shows as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter