Park Days with Rain

cisco911

Mouseketeer
Hello all. we are heading down in a week. going to be there from the 20th to the 27th. Forecast says alot of rain. now I know that it basically rains every day in florida but do people have strategy for dealing with a really wet park day. we area family of 4 with a 2.5 year old and 7 year old. Thanks in advance for the tips.

Ponchos, Umbrella, hit the rides that shutdown from weather when they come back up, watch the radar/hourly forecast and hit shows when things are downpouring

Way too far in advance for any semblance of an accurate forecast. I wouldn’t waste a millisecond of my time worrying about a weather forecast 7-14 days out

I would recomend ponchos over throwaway rain coats for kids. Bought brightly colored raincoats for my kids this time because they hated taking the ponchos over their head. This approach was fine for my 10 year old but too big for my 7 year old who got soaked through all the gaps.

We use the Disney ponchos. I think they were about $10 and much better quality than the throwaways and they are reuseable. Yeah they're a pain to haul around wet, but we bring a plastic bag for them and hang them to dry when we return to the hotel.

We also keep an eye on the sky and if it gets rainy looking lol, we make a mental note of where we can duck in for the worst of it. Sometimes it just rains, sometimes it can really POUR! When we were just there, it absolutely poured and was windy for about an hour. Thank heavens we were sitting in Rose and Crown.

Forecast says alot of rain. now I know that it basically rains every day in florida
Yes, in the summer it does basically rain every day here. The forecast for "a lot of rain" 10+ days from now is basically worthless. Just plan on a normal afternoon thunderstorm and you'll be fine.

Bring an extra pair of socks. Also it would help to wear some type of waterproof shoes or rain boots. No fun being stuck in wet shoes all day.

Ponchos and just keep going. I always wear sandals that can get wet just in case. When it's an all day sort of rain my least favorite park in the rain is AK so I might adjust something like that but if it's just afternoon storms I wouldn't adjust my plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter