Park Close Hopping from AK to HS

DisRoss

Earning My Ears
If AK closes at 7 and HS closes at 9, is there enough time to hop on the line of Flight of Passage right before closing, ride, then get a bus (or Uber I guess) to HS and get on line for SSD or ROTR? Anyone pull this off? I imaging seeing all those lands at night in the same night would be awesome!

I would park at HS, take the Skyliner to another resort, use their bus to get to AK, ride everything you want, then take the bus back to whichever resort you came from and Skyliner back to HS. If I'm park-hopping, I usually always park at HS and then either walk to Epcot or use the internal bus system to get to AK/MK. If you walked out of AK by 7:30pm, I think you should have enough time to get back to HS and in line for something else by 9 pm.

If AK closes at 7 and HS closes at 9, is there enough time to hop on the line of Flight of Passage right before closing, ride, then get a bus (or Uber I guess) to HS and get on line for SSD or ROTR? Anyone pull this off? I imaging seeing all those lands at night in the same night would be awesome!
The crowd level needs to be low for this. One day (park hour 9 - 7) I showed up at the ILL at 6:45pm (it was a 5:00pm-6:00pm one but somehow it did not check time at all). When I came out of the ride it was between 7:20pm and 7:30pm. For standby queue, say, add 45 minutes to this, then it would be past 8:00pm when you start to walk out of the park.
Though in my case I did not have problems catching a bus to HS.

One thing to keep in mind is ROTR breaks down a lot I would try to do standby or book the $ILL on a full day you are at HS for an early time and you can visit GE later as well when it gets dark to see it at night.

I would park at HS, take the Skyliner to another resort, use their bus to get to AK, ride everything you want, then take the bus back to whichever resort you came from and Skyliner back to HS. If I'm park-hopping, I usually always park at HS and then either walk to Epcot or use the internal bus system to get to AK/MK. If you walked out of AK by 7:30pm, I think you should have enough time to get back to HS and in line for something else by 9 pm.
Why not just use the park-to-park buses? I’ve done that lots of times

With that much time you may be able to do Rise twice after FoP. That line gets short later in the evening.

Just keep in mind that the posted waits are intentionally inflated at night to discourage late riders. We often find the posted wait to be up to 4x the actual wait time.

We do late park hopping quite often to get extra rerides on the headliners. Driving yourself is by far the most efficient way to get this done.

Driving yourself is by far the most efficient way to get this done.
Yeah sometimes those buses can take a while to come. However if there is one there very quick they take you right to the front of the park which is nice especially if hopping to MK (which is obviously not applicable for this AK to HS situation)

Yeah sometimes those buses can take a while to come. However if there is one there very quick they take you right to the front of the park which is nice especially if hopping to MK (which is obviously not applicable for this AK to HS situation)
Another benefit of driving yourself is that the parking attendants leave well before the park closes. This gives you the opportunity of parking right up front, often in the first couple of rows in the lot. This can be another big time saver.

On our most recent visit, we arrived at DHS an hour and 20 minutes before closing time. We parked in the front row of the lot and had time for 3 rides on Rise.

That’s AMAZING!!! What time of year was that?
That was in mid-May. The posted wait time of 90 minutes did scare off a few people. The actual wait times were 20, 10 and 5. You can’t see the line for Rise, but realizing that only a few people are outside milling around is a dead giveaway that the wait will be short.

This is really nothing unusual, just a typical night in the park for us. We’re not morning people and like to take advantage of the time after most guests leave for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter