Pantry Clean Out!

I have been working on my freezers since January...

I had 4 different size containers of red sauce... and around 100+ meatballs...
so I made spaghetti and meatballs one night, and used the leftovers for baked spaghetti the next night...

Twice had meatball subs

I had a very small bag of red sauce so I thawed it out, and poured it over meatloaf...

I had some homemade chicken stock, and left over roasted chicken...that I made chicken noodle soup with and took to my parents house..

A few burgers that I made mushroom and onion gravy for, used up some potatoes and made mashed potatoes to go along...

I had a bag of cheese tortellini, and I made a cold salad with it.. it was just okay...

I have a box of black bean burgers that I am eating for lunch this week..

I had 2 medium container of chili w/ no beans, and I made chili-Mac for dinner and chili con queso dip and made nacho's for a pretty tasty Sunday afternoon snack...

I have half a Mexican styled beef and rice casserole yet to use up - when I make it - instead of one large pan I make 2 smaller pans...

I have almost used up all my frozen veggies - I still have 2 bags of frozen green peas, and half a bag of broccoli and green beans, and whole bag of pearl onions...

I have a whole Turkey that most likely I will make next week..

I am getting ready to start cooking and refilling the freezer most likely next week or the week after once I get that turkey out of there...

so I made spaghetti and meatballs one night, and used the leftovers for baked spaghetti the next night...

Twice had meatball subs

I had a very small bag of red sauce so I thawed it out, and poured it over meatloaf...

I had some homemade chicken stock, and left over roasted chicken...that I made chicken noodle soup with and took to my parents house..

A few burgers that I made mushroom and onion gravy for, used up some potatoes and made mashed potatoes to go along...

I had a bag of cheese tortellini, and I made a cold salad with it.. it was just okay...

I had 2 medium container of chili w/ no beans, and I made chili-Mac for dinner and chili con queso dip and made nacho's for a pretty tasty Sunday afternoon snack...

I have half a Mexican styled beef and rice casserole yet to use up - when I make it - instead of one large pan I make 2 smaller pans...

I have almost used up all my frozen veggies - I still have 2 bags of frozen green peas, and half a bag of broccoli and green beans, and whole bag of pearl onions...

I am getting ready to start cooking and refilling the freezer most likely next week or the week after once I get that turkey out of there...

OP to above post

Mexican styled beef and rice casserole - went to my neighbor yesterday...called to check on her, she hurt her back, so I told her I would bring dinner over so she did not have to worry... so I thawed the casserole out and baked it, then took it over to her with a small green salad...

Yesterday, when I took the casserole out of the freezer, I found a surprise... large freezer bag with a quarter bag of this or that, and half bags of this or that frozen veggies.. so along with what I already listed above. I am going to make some kinda hearty veggie soup to take to my parents...

Last edited:
OP to above post

Mexican styled beef and rice casserole - went to my neighbor yesterday...called to check on her, she hurt her back, so I told her I would bring dinner over so she did not have to worry it... so I thawed the casserole out and baked it, then took it over to her with a small green salad...

Yesterday, when I took the casserole out of the freezer, I found a surprise... large freezer bag with a quarter bag of this or that, and half bags of this or that frozen veggies.. so along with what I already listed above. I am going to make some kinda hearty veggie soup to take to my parents...

you are doing awesome with this!!! seriously you are killing it!!! keep up the good work!!

apple pie that was in the back freezer is now gone-brought it to a relative when we went to visit. made a turkey breast from that freezer and found I have two more. hubby is working on the pumpkin pie and I have enough turkey for two meals (salads) for myself. we never had the two hamburger patties I found or the veggie burgers. tonight I am going to make hubby the burgers and throw some fries in the air fryer for him. I am going to have a salad using some of the turkey. last night he ate the last of the beef stew from last week (freezer) and I ate the last of the sheetpan chicken and veggies we had last night. I am seeing some room in the one small freezer in the garage so I am making progress!!

My freezers weren't that bad. They were just really unorganized I did find 4 different individual servings of soup so that was dinner one night. We finished an opened box of french toast sticks. I plan to make vegetable soup this weekend with all of the 1/2 eaten bags of vegetables and the random soup bone I found.

I've been storing my ice cream bowl in my neighbor's freezer. Today I got it and made frosties with the cool whip I found in my freezer. Ironically between the cool whip and the cheesecake we ate last night, the ice cream bowl fits in my freezer again. This clean out is probably not good for my diet.

I went to the basement to grab some meat for today and discovered that we have done very well. I have 3 tortellini, 2 sausage, 1 meatpie, and 1 chicken breast meal left. We've eaten every box meal that we had. We still have ooodles of pasta/pasta sauce, but we've definitely made a huge dent!

Twice had meatball subs

OP to above post

Mexican styled beef and rice casserole - went to my neighbor yesterday...called to check on her, she hurt her back, so I told her I would bring dinner over so she did not have to worry... so I thawed the casserole out and baked it, then took it over to her with a small green salad...

Op to above post's..

Love this thread it is keeping me focused on finishing up the freezers...and pantry clean out that I'm doing...

I am heading to my parents house tomorrow, I am using the last of the chicken in the freezer, I going to roast it in the oven... make yellow rice w/ little green peas ( freezer item) and pot of field peas (another freezer item to used up), and a big loaf of apple bread.. which will use up the last of the muffin/bread boxed mix, and canned apple pie filing..

So I just took out the Turkey and put it in the fridge to start thawing... it's a small bird about 8+ pounds.. so I should be able to cook it on Wednesday... Planning on Turkey and stuffin muffins, pole beans for dinner... then left overs the next night grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches with the stuffin muffin left overs inside they are so messy, but sooo good. Some of the meat for salad for my lunch, and the bones for stock and rest of meat to make turkey and freeze it... The following week I will thaw that out, and turn it into Turkey and wild rice soup for my parents... I have half a container of wild rice that needs to be used up( pantry item) to that I will add in fresh mushroom, baby carrots, spinach, some of pearl onions( freezer item to use up)... yep sneaking in lots of veggie for my parents...

Only 2 more black bean burgers to go and that's the last of them...

Last night we used up some mild Italian sausage on the grill...

I think that I have only a few odds and ends to get rid off... and next week I will start refilling...

So how is everyone doing with their freezer clean out mission...

We had some mystery meat for dinner the other night. It turned out to be a sliced roast beef that wasn't bad but it was super salty. We also finished off a bag of shrimp and a box of tacquitos. Freezers are about 1/2 empty

This week I made:
  • a roast this week for tacos which used up the flour tortillas one night and the leftovers became enchiladas which used up the corn tortillas another night.
  • a breakfast casserole with several things from the pantry and some frozen turkey sausage.
  • Lo mein (I still have lots of pasta!) & Veggie egg rolls (not sure why I bought 2 boxes of egg rolls)
  • fruit smoothies
  • Halibut
  • Walking tacos

cleared a BIG spot out tonight-had lots of bags with 1 1/2-2 pounds each of beef (roasts bought on sale cut into thirds or halfs for future soup or stew) going to put them into the crockpot tomorrow to make enchilada meat (despite cold/rain/wind/snow....this week we ARE moving into non stew/soup weather so might as well use it up and clear it out).

I went on vacation last week and broke down and went to the store when we returned. I didn't think walnuts and veggie eggolls was going to work for meals this week.

for the last few days we have consumed the better part of a leg of lamb that had been purchased for easter 2020. it's now down to a couple of vacuum packed packages that will each cover a couple of meals :thumbsup2 of course the space it cleared was quickly consumed by 3 vacuum sealed packages with multiple meals of left over honey baked ham (and ham bone) leftovers:rotfl:

Op to above post's..

Love this thread it is keeping me focused on finishing up the freezers...and pantry clean out that I'm doing...

I am heading to my parents house tomorrow, I am using the last of the chicken in the freezer, I going to roast it in the oven... make yellow rice w/ little green peas ( freezer item) and pot of field peas (another freezer item to used up), and a big loaf of apple bread.. which will use up the last of the muffin/bread boxed mix, and canned apple pie filing..

So I just took out the Turkey and put it in the fridge to start thawing... it's a small bird about 8+ pounds.. so I should be able to cook it on Wednesday... Planning on Turkey and stuffin muffins, pole beans for dinner... then left overs the next night grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches with the stuffin muffin left overs inside they are so messy, but sooo good. Some of the meat for salad for my lunch, and the bones for stock and rest of meat to make turkey and freeze it... The following week I will thaw that out, and turn it into Turkey and wild rice soup for my parents... I have half a container of wild rice that needs to be used up( pantry item) to that I will add in fresh mushroom, baby carrots, spinach, some of pearl onions( freezer item to use up)... yep sneaking in lots of veggie for my parents...

Only 2 more black bean burgers to go and that's the last of them...

Last night we used up some mild Italian sausage on the grill...

I think that I have only a few odds and ends to get rid off... and next week I will start refilling...

So how is everyone doing with their freezer clean out mission...

Well I'm back, OP to post above...

I'm done!

Going back I did roast the Turkey, and we did have stuffin muffin, pole beans to go along with the turkey, and a couple day of left over's, and I have the basic's for turkey and wild rice soup...

Black bean burger are all gone... I just had them for lunch I topped them with cheese, guac, and sour cream, and lettuce and some chopped tomatoes - minus the buns...

I did make an all veggie pot pie with the frozen veggies that, I had a half a bag of this and quarter bag of that kinda thing, which I used up some canned soup in the pantry, and pie crust roll from the fridge.

I had a small beef chuck roast, and I have know idea why I would have bought such a small roast... so I thawed it out with no idea of what I was going to make... So I decided to use a couple cans of french onion soup, and 2 fresh onions sliced, simple salt and pepper, and cooked it at 325 for a few hours, and I kept basting it the whole time... So I had package of nice frozen rolls, so I ended up making kinda like a French Dip with the meat, I used provolone cheese, really good.. messy but really tasty... I used some more of it for beef roast tacos, when I warm up the meat I used some garlic, and cumin, and oregano to lean it towards a more Mexican profile, along with some black beans and yellow rice... We ended up making kinda like burritos with some soft tortilla... The rest I added the leftover meat to yellow rice for my lunch...

So all done with what needed to go, in both the freezer and pantry... so yay and go me!!!

I am going to start this week, I am planning on making some basic meatballs hopefully around 100 to 125, and red sauce to freeze...

So how did everyone finish out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter