Palo or Remy with food restrictions?

Philharmagicfamily

Earning My Ears
Hello! My family is going on our first Disney cruise later this year, and my husband and I are looking forward to a date night at either Palo or Remy. For religious reasons, we don't eat many animal proteins outside of beef, lamb, poultry, and non-shellfish fish, and we don't eat dairy with either meat or poultry courses.

Would Palo or Remy be better for these dietary restrictions?

You should be fine at either Palo or Remy.

Palo has several vegetarian and finfish dishes on the regular menu that would work for you. I do not know whether the meat dishes have milk in them, but you could ask.

At Remy, if you stop by in advance to make sure your restrictions are noted on your reservation, you will get a menu tailored to your requirements. My husband and I do not eat meat or shellfish, and we were able to each get distinct (and delicious) courses at Remy.

Hello! My family is going on our first Disney cruise later this year, and my husband and I are looking forward to a date night at either Palo or Remy. For religious reasons, we don't eat many animal proteins outside of beef, lamb, poultry, and non-shellfish fish, and we don't eat dairy with either meat or poultry courses.

Would Palo or Remy be better for these dietary restrictions?
Either one works. They are very good about working with dietary restrictions. I'd suggest, whichever one you chose, you make contact with them before the actual date of the meal and go over what your requirements are.

Either one works. They are very good about working with dietary restrictions. I'd suggest, whichever one you chose, you make contact with them before the actual date of the meal and go over what your requirements are.

Very good advice. When I wasn't eating meat I didn't give them the heads' up and it was an expensive meal of cheese (very good cheese), gnocchi and souffle. I take some of the responsibility for not giving advance warning, although our server was the worst I've ever had in Palo, too so there was that aspect. I believe if I had given them some advance warning it might have been a good meal :)

Remy has a really awesome cheese course. If you like cheese, you may want to request vegetarian entrees.

I would be slightly wary - I don't think you can assume that anything is truly kosher behind the scenes, but if you explain the specifics up front they will say they can accommodate you. I am a vegetarian, and it was mostly fine. Despite repeated reminders up front, and a note in our confirmation note, our server at Remy was not aware that I was a vegetarian when we arrived, for example. It all ended up fine, but I didn't totally trust everything -- I did ask detailed questions about sauces and preparation methods, and there were a few things that we'd initially been told were vegetarian that actually weren't at both Palo and Remy. (I can't remember the specific dishes, but it was something like chicken stock or fish sauce)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter