Package Delivery to Resort

tx2tn

"What fortuitous circumstance be this"
Has any one ever sent a package ahead of your arrival to your resort? With the rsing cost of carrying suitcases on airlines, I wonder if sending a small box ahead of you would be the way to go.

Some of the airlines are charging up to $25 per bag per leg!! :scared1:

Yes - we've done that for our past 3 trips, and it's worked out great.

We send the bulky stuff (shoes, bag to use in park, you know the kind of stuff that's a pain to pack ...) and the tolieltries - no more dealing with the dreaded "3oz containers in a qt zipper bag". :woohoo:

Each time our package has been waiting for us when we arrive. I think it's a good idea to mark it with "HOLD FOR ARRIVING GUEST" and be sure to address it to the person whose name is on the reservation.

HTH :goodvibes

Yes - we've done that for our past 3 trips, and it's worked out great.

We send the bulky stuff (shoes, bag to use in park, you know the kind of stuff that's a pain to pack ...) and the tolieltries - no more dealing with the dreaded "3oz containers in a qt zipper bag". :woohoo:

Each time our package has been waiting for us when we arrive. I think it's a good idea to mark it with "HOLD FOR ARRIVING GUEST" and be sure to address it to the person whose name is on the reservation.

HTH :goodvibes

How do you address it? With your name and the resorts? Do you have it arrive a day ahead or on your arrival date? Thanks for the info.

How do you address it? With your name and the resorts? Do you have it arrive a day ahead or on your arrival date? Thanks for the info.

Exactly! :thumbsup2 We use FedEx "Express Saver" so it takes ~ 3 business days to arrive. Under our name, we print the "HOLD FOR ARRIVING GUEST" notation, then the name of the resort, the resort address and phone #. It's probably best to call your particular resort to get their exact "street address" for packages.

You might also want to consider insuring your package. It's usually not very much of an additional cost.

And I know this is pretty obvious, but you don't want to ship anything that you absolutely must have, such as medication or anything your family considers a "must-have" for your trip. ;)

Hope you have a great trip filled with lots of pixiedust:

An example would be:

"Mickey Mouse
Disney's Contemporary Resort
4600 North World Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Hold For Guest Arrival June 31, 2008"

Make sure it is addressed to the person whose name is on the reservation. The street address of your resort should be on the confirmation form (probably the back side).

Check with the UPS (or other shipper web site) to see how many business days it should take, then add two business days.

Use UPS or other shipper where you can track the package online. Once it is shown as arrived at your Resort print a copy of that tracking confirmation and bring it with you (maybe in two copies).

When you check in they should tell you there is a package for you. I they do not, ask about it. If they say it still hasn't arrived show them the tracking confirmation. If necessary talk to a manager and have a search started. Be polite, but don't take "Not arrived yet" as an answer if tracking shows it has arrived.

This is the post I followed for a recent trip (used staples.com) and it worked great!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17858121&postcount=5

Don't ship it through the Post Office... Here is why... The US Post Office does NOT recognize Disney streets, any and all mail being sent to Disney through the US Post Office will go to the PO Box (regardless of how you address it) as the post office does not deliver to Disney directly. From the PO Box it is sorted into sections and then specific locations before it is delivered out to property. This can take quite a bit of time.

UPs, Fed Ex, DHL, any kind of courier service will deliver directly to the hotel. My suggestion would be to get the package ready and send it out about 7 days prior to your arrival (you can send it further out if you like they will hold it). If you give yourself enough time you can ship it ground service which is the cheapest.

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the date (you can put the res # too if you want, but it is not really needed).

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Hold for guest arrival 4/02
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Here is a list of the resort address' (again this can ONLY be used for courier services, US Post office will not deliver to the property directly)

Disney’s All Star Movies Resort 1991 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-7000
Disney’s All Star Music Resort 1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-6000
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort 1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-5000
Disney's Pop Century Resort 1050 Century Drive
Phone: 407-938-4000
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way
Phone: 407-934-3400
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-1000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter 2201 Orleans Drive
Phone: 407-934-5000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 1251 Riverside Drive
Phone: 407-934-6000
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge 2901 Osceola Pkwy.
Phone: 407-938-3000
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 4600 North World Drive
Phone: 407-824-1000
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 4401 Floridian Way
Phone: 407-824-3000
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 901 Timberline Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3200
Disney’s Polynesian Resort 1600 Seven Seas Drive
Phone: 407-824-2000
Disney’s Beach Club Resort 1800 West Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-8000
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort 1700 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-7000
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn 2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-939-5100
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground 4510 N Ft. Wilderness Trail
Phone: 407-824-2900
Disney’s Old Key West Resort 1510 North Cove Rd.
Phone: 407-827-7700
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort 1960 Broadway
Phone: 407-827-1100

Walt Disney World Dolphin 1500 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-4000
Walt Disney World Swan 1200 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-3000

Shades of Green 1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3400

All hotels are in Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 (Except Animal Kingdom Lodge which is Bay Lake, FL 32830).

This post is a best fit on the Resorts board. As such I'll be moving this one there.

Thanks,

Knox

We do this, but not with luggage. We ship our coffee, coffee makers, etc ahead. We have never had an issue. I would think shipping all of your luggage ahead would cost more than the cost to pay the airport fees. Also, sending is home will be expensive as Disney charges an arm and a leg for shipping.

I was told by CRO, Guest Services and the Disney Switchboard to label your box as follows:

Wilderness Lodge Resort
901 Timberline Drive
Buena Vista, FL 32830

Guest Name
Reservation Number

Please Hold for Arrival on 12/5/08

Very helpful! Thanks so much for posting all of the resort addresses!!! Way fabulous! :thanks:

We do this, but not with luggage. We ship our coffee, coffee makers, etc ahead. We have never had an issue. I would think shipping all of your luggage ahead would cost more than the cost to pay the airport fees. Also, sending is home will be expensive as Disney charges an arm and a leg for shipping.

What do you do with your coffemaker, then? Ship home or leave it? I wondered if anyone did this, as some places don't have a coffeemaker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter