• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Owner's Locker and Abbf

LIGrumpyGirl

DIS Veteran
Forgot to mention in my mini-report that I used both of these companies last week.

A baby's best friend (ABBF) - was great for our son's crib. very easy to put together and take apart (and we are not the handiest people!). Was delivered sometime after our 1pm check in. When we got our room about 2:30 I called bell services and they delivered along with our Owner's Locker.

The Owner's Locker sat in our front "foyer" all week with DH asking what we could possibly put in it. Well the last night we pack in FULL!!!!! There was not a bit of room! We ended up bringing a third suitcase full of OL items and leaving them there (of course I ended up buying enough things to fill the suitcase on the was home!). What a relief not to have to pack these items again. I think I will pack it a little better next time now that we know how much it holds (couldn't fit our laundry detergent in it) but if they make a bigger box I am in!!

The Owner's Locker sat in our front "foyer" all week with DH asking what we could possibly put in it. Well the last night we pack in FULL!!!!! There was not a bit of room! We ended up bringing a third suitcase full of OL items and leaving them there (of course I ended up buying enough things to fill the suitcase on the was home!). What a relief not to have to pack these items again. I think I will pack it a little better next time now that we know how much it holds (couldn't fit our laundry detergent in it) but if they make a bigger box I am in!!

Gotta love an Owners Locker! I have had ours for 3 trips now- Lovin' it more and more each time. :goodvibes

Forgot to mention in my mini-report that I used both of these companies last week.

A baby's best friend (ABBF) - was great for our son's crib. very easy to put together and take apart (and we are not the handiest people!). Was delivered sometime after our 1pm check in. When we got our room about 2:30 I called bell services and they delivered along with our Owner's Locker.

You stole the post right from my lips. I was going to inquire as to how people are responding to the owners locker.
Thanks
Chris

I am an Owner's Locker beta tester who was skeptical when I signed up about whether the Owner's Locker service would be worth paying for. Well after using it, I now consider it a necessity. The box is huge! And the customer service is spectacular! Glad to hear about ABBF for future reference.

I am thinking of a quick labour day weekend trip. All I will need is a few items of clothing in my carryon, my laptop case, and minimal makeup. Everything else is already waiting in my locker for me including favourite toiletries, coffee, homey items, shoes etc.

Normally based on the distance that I need to travel, I would never consider a three day trip from my home to WDW, but having an OL reduces the amount of items which I need to carry, and thus reduces my travel time. In fact, I could probably just pack a few shirts and a skirt in my laptop bag, and only take that, and still have enough changes of clothes/shoes/toiletries etc waiting for me.

I am an Owner's Locker beta tester who was skeptical when I signed up about whether the Owner's Locker service would be worth paying for. Well after using it, I now consider it a necessity. The box is huge! And the customer service is spectacular!

Ditto! One piece of advice that I read before we used the locker for the first time: Make a list of what you put in it! I did that and I'm SO glad. Now I know what I don't have to pack and don't have to think about it, trying to remember if we left the item in the locker or not.

We can't wait to use our OL for the first time in October and then NOT bring all that stuff when we go in January!!

But, I'm thrilled to hear about ABBF since we just found out last night that we're going to be grandparents:love: Funny to see this post now since the first comment from DH was about travelling with all the baby supplies in a year or so. Thanks!!

Congrats on the newest addition! If you check out abbf.com you will see they have a lot of things to rent. We only got a crib. We used the room's high chair and pack n play and brought our own toys and stroller.

I was wondering about Owner's Locker, and whether you think it would be worth it for someone who only goes once per year. I would leave things like ponchos, coffee filters, shampoo (I think) laundry detergent, and things that would not go bad during that time. Didn't know if people who use the service go more frequently and if once per year makes it more economical to buy and toss little things like this, or buy and ship if it doesn't fit in the suitcase. (We fly.)

We're giving Owners Locker a shot even though we may only go once a year sometimes. I figured shipping some items down might be a little less cost but I really don't want to be bothered shipping anything home. Most times we don't have a car anyway. And most of the reason we're trying it is to stop throwing things away that we don't feel like dragging back.

Hey, jaurban,

Good question. Owner's Locker was specifically designed so that it would be workable for people who visit once per year. In fact there's one family testing the service who currently come only once every other year. We'll have to see what they think.

Even if you come once per year it would be great to have things here that you only use at WDW as well as things you'd never pack or ship but would just like to have around to make you feel more "at home."

And, you know there's a risk free trial where you can get all of your money back if you try the service and find that's it's not for you.
John

Ditto! One piece of advice that I read before we used the locker for the first time: Make a list of what you put in it! I did that and I'm SO glad. Now I know what I don't have to pack and don't have to think about it, trying to remember if we left the item in the locker or not.

Just a note. On thier website you can now do a "electronic" inventory. (Not that mine is at all complete, but.....

I agree that the service has been outstanding (and I must drive them crazy, I change resorts, give them the wrong dates etc... and they deal with it!)

I read about Owner's Locker, and we only travel once a year. My concern is that the stuff would be stored for a year. What would I want to store in there for a year? And, while laundray detergent and shampoo, etc., would be nice, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy it and have it delivered to the room then it is to rent space and buy the box? Maybe in a few yaers I'll have one too and just won't know how I lived without it. Right now, I just don't get it.

Madi100,
Here is a copy of my inventory list, to give you an idea of things that are clumsy to haul back and forth but nice to have (for us). Obviously every family's list will have some common items and some very individual items, but this will give you some notion of why the locker can be a real help.

after shave lotion
backpack
ball, beach
ball, foam floating
Band-Aids
candle
canvas bags, 2
chip clips
coffee filters and scoop
denim shirt, Bob’s
dental floss
deodorant, Jean’s
foil
graham crackers, 1 pack
gym bag
hairspray, Jean’s
ibuprofen, 1 jar
ice pack
lip balm
maps, Orlando and shopping guides
matches
mug, 1 Mickey
mugs, 2 Dixie Landings
mustard and ketchup packets
night lights, 2
pail and shovel, sand
peanuts, 1 jar
plastic bags, 4 sizes
plastic containers, 4
poncho, 1 child
popcorn salt
popcorn, 1 jar
Pringles, 1 can
q-tips
salt and pepper shakers
scissors
sewing kit
shampoo
shower cap
soap and bleach, laundry
soap, liquid peppermint
Stir Crazy
stools, 2 folding
suntan lotion
tape
tie wraps
toothbrush
toothpaste, Colgate
tube for swimming and patches
umbrella, 1 child
umbrellas, 2 folding
visor, Jean’s
wine glass, Mickey

I'm also a beta tester who thought that I wouldn't get much use out of my Owner's Locker. Wrong! I have been down 4 times this year, and I love having all my supplies waiting for me at my hotel. My luggage is so much lighter than before, and I have tons more room, too! I love having my ponchos and umbrellas waiting in the box, and the extra pop and beer from the last trip tucked in too! I think an Owner's Locker is a wonderful idea!:love:

I too am fortunate enough to be an Owner's Locker Beta.

We have used it twice this year, and may be using it in December as well.

First: As you have read elsewhere their customer service is OUTSTANDING. Communications with John and Brian are outstanding. They take their business very seriously and provide exceptional service. (One of the reasons we like WDW so much. is my demand for exceptional (read magical) service, so WDW and OL are a perfect match!).

Second: Their storage facility is truly climate controlled. How do I know this? I did a little experiment, and stored a box of chocholate Yodels in April, and when we got them back in July, even after sitting at OKW awaiting our return, they were in PERFECT condition. The chocholate was unblemished :love:

Third: They service non-WDW locations as well and as efficently. We used a non-Disney resort for pick-up and all was flawless.

Fourth: Much like a one bedroom Villa at any DVC resort, ***WARNING*** use it once and you are hooked!!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter