Over optimistic things you have purchased?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
For example have you ever bought a bread maker thinking it would mean you would never have to buy a loaf again?

I would say a keyboard to play in the local choir , didn't happen

A milk frother. Well, technically it was a gift, but I had wanted one. It's too much of a pain to clean it and the results were just okay.

For example have you ever bought a bread maker thinking it would mean you would never have to buy a loaf again?

I would say a keyboard to play in the local choir , didn't happen

I had to laugh at the bread maker. My mother had one for years- barely ever used it so when we moved almost 3 years ago she put it out in the yard sale. Wouldn't you know she recently bought another one! Guess how many loaves of bread we've had in the last 6 months... 2 🙄. So not worth it. She also did the same with a rug shampoo machine...our whole house is tile now 😆.

When my brother and I were in middle school, we were on vacation visiting family. During the trip we finally convinced our parents to agree to let us buy a Nintendo (the original) if we saved up the money when we got back home. During the trip we were at a game store at a mall, and found a game we wanted on sale. So of course we bought it. Never did get the Nintendo.

A stamping jewelry kit. I was going to make all the jewelry and maybe start at home business while I was a stay at home mom. . Only used it once.

A panini maker about 10 years ago. Had big plans to make paninis. Never even bothered to take it out of the box.

A mandoline slicer I bought over 10 years ago - never used it once

Instant Pot. Bought it about 2 years ago and haven't used it yet.
OMG just for hard boiled eggs alone! and pulled pork! rice! The BEST mac and cheese.

Between it and the air fryer I hardly use any other kitchen equipment.

My most optimistic: A small covered "greenhouse" that I started some money plant (lunaria) seed in last year. They all died. My grandmother had some really nice, well-established plants.

The air fryer which is being returned tomorrow. Just because everyone else thinks they are great doesn’t mean it’s great for me.

Right? What's up with that anyhow? Bad enough one has to work, but to have to exercise WHILE working? (I joke... at least a little bit...)
Ha! My delusional (optimistic isn't strong enough for how dumb this was) purchase was the Cubii I bought myself for Christmas. It's under my desk and I was going to pedal my way to health and happiness all while maintaining my productivity. Well, not so much. Turns out I can't move and think at the same time. It's embarrassing really. :o I guess I should have practiced walking and chewing gum...
1653622087339.png

Ha! My delusional (optimistic isn't strong enough for how dumb this was) purchase was the Cubii I bought myself for Christmas. It's under my desk and I was going to pedal my way to health and happiness all while maintaining my productivity. Well, not so much. Turns out I can't move and think at the same time. It's embarrassing really. :o I guess I should have practiced walking and chewing gum...
View attachment 672006
Oh, sweet mercy, I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve never heard of this thing so I had to look it up. Was this the infomercial that sold you on it? Like, you saw this and thought, “Yeah, that’s how I can attain a better version of me.”

Did you see the ads for it enough times that the sight of under-desk elliptical training slowly started becoming normalized for you, or was it more like a sudden scared-straight moment when you heard the claim that “Sitting is the new smoking?”

Okay, a few more questions to really bring this vision to life for me: Do you have an open-sided desk as pictured so your coworkers can see it? Have they seen more definition in their abs lately as a result of laughing at you? Does it make noise? Is that noise like a high-pitched whir or more like a low hum, would you say? Do you store it with your Thighmaster and Shake Weight when not in use?

Thank you for this. I really love the thought of you totally detached from your workout while building the strongest ankles in all of Calgary. ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter