Over 50 and wearing panty hose

Hello,

I wish they were more popular around here. I have been trying to find lots of them for a craft project, but no one has any old pairs.

It depends. I am over 50. I live in the Washington DC area. People my age, and even younger, are wearing pantyhose quite often. Definitely at work (I've got several 30 years olds and, when really dress up, they all wear very sheer, nude hose).

Now, if this dress is on the more casual side, summery, flowy and you are wearing sandals, then, no on the pantyhose. I wear hose with pencil skirts and close-toed shoes, very sheer, you'd hardly know they were there but they definitely make for a clean line and flaws disappear.

It's sometimes hard to know what to do because if your legs look really bad then no-hose can be far worse. But some people, no matter what age, have great legs.

I'm over 50 and wore pantyhose to a wedding recently, with what I'd call a semi-formal dress. They were very sheer and nude color. This was the first time in years, that I wore them.

Be weirder to actually wear panty hose than to not wear them!!-seriously who wears them anymore other than the princes wife in England and who cares what she wears over there!

I would likely wear hose to a formal event or stuffy business. I would feel better and more confident and that's what matters IMO.

I wear pantyhose to work each day. I'm in my 40's. The first thing I do when I get home is take them off!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter