Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

I'm jealous! The girl I talk to (didn't write down her name!) told me that I could only speak with a consultant at 18 months out, and that I would have to call them in order to get that set up. At least you are off to a good start :thumbsup2

I would call back and see if you can talk to someone else. If they still hesitate, just stress that you have questions a consultant needs to answer. :)

In light of seeing some other DISbrides with notes on their PJs due to being able to find them in search results, and I can find this one, I am going to be re-naming my PJ. I have some people I would rather not have find it.

Just an FYI to my lovely followers, the new name is DisneyShamrock's Wishes Wedding ~ 1/17/2013 WP/WHR ~ Not Quite Penciled in Yet PJ.

Not many people off of the boards know my screen name, so I figure I'm safe! :cutie:

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I didn't abandon my PJ, life just got in the way. :rolleyes:

As noted in the title, this post will be about invitation. I am DIYing, them because I'm picky as all heck, and I wanted them to be personal (and, it was cheaper). I first started with the idea of having a Disney/celebration/magical wedding with pixie dust.

I will start with posting my original invite design. It is a folding invite (like a greeting card). The inside design is the same inside and on the RSVP, info card, and name cards (which I haven't designed yet):

Cover
Invitation1.jpg

Inside
Invitation1inside.jpg

Info Card (more info will be added)
Invitation1infocard.jpg

RSVP
Invitation1rsvp.jpg

I made the design for my invitations over a year ago, and I was pretty happy with it. When I started looking for envelopes, I kept seeing all these cute designs and realized I wasn't quite as happy with them as I thought. I still liked them, but I didn't love them. So, I started reformulating.

My first plan, and really my only one, for jazzing them up was to color over the lines of the stars with a gold glitter gel pen. Again, I liked it, but I just wasn't feeling the love.

I spent some time looking at invitations and trying to find envelopes yesterday. Actually, I spent nearly the whole day outside of class and work doing that. I got a brilliant idea (when I couldn't find envelopes for less than $25/100) that I could just make the envelopes. I only need 15 for the actual wedding, and I found an easy pattern, so it seemed achievable. Until I started sizing.

In order to make them in the right size, I would have to get super large paper that was really expensive, and it only came in a medium weight which wasn't thick enough to cover the invitation designs. Plus, most people (myself included) don't save envelopes. So, I dropped that like a hot pan.

Putting the envelopes aside, I started reconsidering my invite design. I like the detail in the corner, so I knew I had to find something similar. I thought about what I had collected for the wedding thus far, what my dress looks like, what flowers I'll have, and where the wedding is, and decided to look for some nice roses.

I searched for quite a while through images for 'rose corner,' 'rose embellishment,' and 'rose border' before stumbling across this awesome corner stamp on eBay. I am not a stamp person, but I loved it. I took a screen-shot and started reworking the invites with the new design, and it was definitely love. Through about fifteen minutes of playing with sizes (it felt like more), I realized the stamp in actual size was too big, but I could scale down and edit the pictures.

Genius plan! Lighten the images enough to color over them with scrapbooking markers and use a green glitter gel pen to highlight the leaves. The brown doesn't look that bad, but I'm going for more color. I will be doing medium green leaves and pink roses to match my flowers. Result: an invitation I loved. I still have a little work do with coloring yet (it's still not a white background), but I have an invite!

Cover
Invitation2.jpg

Inside
Invitation2inside.jpg

Info Card (more info will be added)
Invitation2infocard.jpg

RSVP
Invitation2rsvp.jpg

I'm not sure which design I'll use for the at-home, but it will be the simple flat style with just the main invite and an RSVP.

Now that I have the invitations figured out, I still have to find envelopes. I was planning on printing them myself, but I can't seem to find them for what I feel is a decent price. Any ideas? Where did some of you ladies get yours?

Lovely invites!! I wish I had suggestions for you about the envelopes, but I'm about to be in the same boat as you with that! We are doing our own save the dates as well :)

Lovely invites!! I wish I had suggestions for you about the envelopes, but I'm about to be in the same boat as you with that! We are doing our own save the dates as well :)

Ditto with the STDs. I figure I'll just break and buy the pink envelopes I fell in love with. I figure I can get 100 and cover the wedding and at-home reception. They weren't that expensive. . . :rolleyes1

Aw I love your invites! They're so pretty! Very elegant too!

For the envelopes what if you did the wrap around pieces that you print out on a different piece of paper? Get envelopes that match the color of your embellishments and then make something similar to this for your address and such...
Kind like a bellyband for your envelope? I'm trying to find pictures as a reference but googles not working for me. lol

Aw I love your invites! They're so pretty! Very elegant too!

For the envelopes what if you did the wrap around pieces that you print out on a different piece of paper? Get envelopes that match the color of your embellishments and then make something similar to this for your address and such...
Kind like a bellyband for your envelope? I'm trying to find pictures as a reference but googles not working for me. lol

That's ok. I've blown enough time in image searches to know how hard they can be sometimes. :laughing:

This is why I'm glad I have so much time to think these things over. I have issues making quick decisions . . . :upsidedow

It was brought to my attention this morning that my grandparents are worried about us having a January wedding. They go to Hawaii every year from the first week of January through the first week in March. My original though was that they would just fly from Orlando to Hawaii after the wedding. This is where I did not take into account how old they actually are.

My grandma expressed worry to my mom several weeks ago (even so much worry as my aunt asked my mom about it), and it was just now brought up to me. Grandma hinted strongly that she and grandpa want to spend more time in Hawaii in the winter months (and, I don't blame them). As such, they are thinking about going to Hawaii right after Christmas.

A trip to Hawaii from Wisconsin, they way they fly, takes most of a day. From Orlando, at least an entire day, if not a day and a half. Both ways. I love them dearly, but they do not quickly, nor do they move well, and we're all afraid that might just be too much travel for them in such a short time.

Our wedding date is changing. We're moving it from January 17, 2013, to November 8, 2012.

This is where a few more hitches come into play.

1. I know November dates for bridal portrait sessions in MK go fast this time of year because they are limited for decorating. This is one thing I will not budge on, and I worry about the expense of flying back to do it later, not to mention keeping the weight down to stay in my dress.

2. My MtOH and her husband are planning on vacationing for the week with us. I know two months sooner isn't much to push, but I need to know the sooner date will be doable for them with work and such before I commit.

3. This puts our planning session in June instead of October. I may hate snow, but I hate heat and humidity even more. I am not thrilled about this timeline shift, but I will still go. Even if it's 100% humidity and 110 degrees.

My grandparents, bless their hearts, have done so much for me and the whole family for so long. They've always been a big part of my life. My MtOH is my best friend, and unofficially adopted sister since we were 13. She's put up with more roller coaster moments from me than the rest of my family combined (though, it might be tied with DF by now). I can't imagine a wedding without any of them.

Two months sooner is great because we were already planning on having all the money by then anyway, I don't have to wait as long to become a Mrs., I can order my dress sooner, and I have everything planned accept what I can't confirm from Disney (and most of that is decided on anyway). I was going to panic and worry over dates no matter what, so there's no real change there.

Whew! That's a long one. This has been running through my head since this morning when my mom told me about it. I know everything will fall into place eventually.

Back to regularly scheduled life (work, homework, exams, interviews, and grad planning).

Hi :goodvibes
Just joining in!

I have to say that I love everything you have come up with so far, and am a bit jealous of how much that is! LOL I feel like I am so behind compared to all of you girls!!

Can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)

I spoke too soon.

My MtOH might not be able to get November 2012, nor her husband. Unfortunately, the places they work don't allow accrual of vacation, they just get what they get. It sucks, but none of us can control that, and they already have vacations planned. And, those two kids deserve some vacations!

We'll figure something out. I just know it has to be in November. So, as of right now, I don't have a date. :scared1:

At least I have until November to make a decision on the year.

Between texts and calls, I have spent more time on the phone in the last 24 hours than I knew I was capable of. But, we have our date. And, I can't move it again.

Since December-April is Hawaii season for my grandparents, and November 2012 was difficult for my MtOH and her husband, I settled on November 7, 2013.

It's further than I wanted, but it's before grandma and grandpa leave, and it gives everyone time to schedule 2013 vacation time. It also gives us ten more months to save up, and that takes off some of the pressure.

This means I have 14 months before I can pencil in, instead of 6, but I've waited this long, what's a little longer?

I also renamed the thread (again) because the title was too long....:rolleyes1

Yay for another date!!! So sorry you have to wait that long!! But like you said- it will be less stress in the end with money, and you get to have everyone you care about being able to attend and knowing so far in advance too! :)

Yay for another date!!! So sorry you have to wait that long!! But like you said- it will be less stress in the end with money, and you get to have everyone you care about being able to attend and knowing so far in advance too! :)

Another plus: the sun rises at 6:50am that time of year, so all the MK bridal shoot photos will be in daylight. :)

Yahoooo for another date. I know how it can be trying to please everyone with a date that works... i've been dealing with that as well. (=

Holy bananas, it's been almost a month since I've posted in here.

Chalk that up to being so far away...:rolleyes1

Life also tends to get in the way a little bit....I graduate in 18 days :woohoo: so it's crunch time for projects and exams, and we're moving at the end of May, like on my birthday....sadly, no big girl job yet, but my resume is done and I'll be applying to places as soon as I have time to interview.

Not much to report on the wedding front. One of my friends (who is also getting a Casablanca dress) got called by her store saying they weren't going to carry the style anymore. Seeing that made me panic (her dress and mine are from the same season) because my store might quit carrying my dress. :scared1: I called them instantly, and two different girls (my consultant and the owner's mom) both assured me the dress was still there and wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

After that little rush, I called my mom and explained the situation. I'm scared the store will stop carrying the style before I hit the 12-month mark. I also don't want to have it hanging around in a closet for that long. Turns out (because I thought to ask while I had them on the phone) my shop will store the dress until it's time for fittings at NO charge. :yay: They even said they already had a few 2013 dresses down there....Mom and I talked it over, she agreed with my desire to jump the gun, and I'm going to go ahead an order my dress this summer (probably early June) so I don't have to worry about it.

I likely won't post pictures of it until it comes time for fittings because I want to lose some more weight first, but I should have time this summer to start on a few DIY projects and make some photo-packed updates.

That's all for now, folks!

I don't want anyone to think I've abandoned my PJ (and, I'm not even sure anyone is still reading it anyway), it's just that with 13 months before I can even pencil in my date, I don't have anything to report. It's a bit discouraging at times because I really want to start on my DIY projects and planning, but everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. :sad2:

I got a job (not technically new because my supervisor of the last six years has been promoted and I took over her former position), so the internet for me has become a nights, weekends, and lunch break thing.

I've seen so many wonderful weddings on here that I've been keeping track of since the first few posts of their PJs. I am so excited for all the ladies (and gents), and I fully plan on keeping up with them. I'm just waylaying my own PJ until I have something to report.

I may still be ordering my dress this summer, but after the last few weeks of school and the first few weeks of work, my weight loss has been complete negated. I don't want to order it until I lose some weight again because I don't want lots of alterations, but I also don't want to risk the dress going out of my store. I am at a loss. :confused3

I'm checking out of the fun and back into reality for a while. Enjoy the bliss folks! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter