Our wedding plans thought id post here aswell. WEDDING TRIP REPORT AT LAST.

Your plans sound great Ross. I'm looking forward to reading more. :thumbsup2

brilliant news, I am with you on the cost of a dress, although I shouldn't say that being a girlie and all! Let us know how your plans progress

Sounds like you are both steaming ahead with your plans they all sound great! We got married at the YC last April, you will both have an amazing day just remember to stop for a minute to take it all in as the day rushes past so quickly!

Hope you DW2B manages to get her dress a little cheaper :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

It's all coming together now Ross-keep us informed of anymore updates :thumbsup2 .x.

Ok more updated news.
Contract is signed and sent off wohoo
We have just booked to go to florida on december the 5th so we can meet with the wedding planner, do food tasting and im sure debbie will want to get all the girly things sorted. Also will have some fun esp taking our daughter for her 1st time, though she is probably too young to remember it.
Debbie has got down to 2 dresses, seems like the exp one is winning but i cant complain, aslong as it makes her very happy it will be well worth it and im sure she will look amazing. Sorry we cant post pics as that would be bad luck.
The exchange rate dropping has killed me a bit added and extra 1000 to the wedding:sad2: :sad2:
At least it seems to be edging up again but im hoping now some people decide not to come, i know thats not a nice thing to say but it would help with the cost no end so we will see what happens.
Anyway my stag do in 3 weeks now, cant wait hopefully i survive it ok and can be back in time for my wedding in april, incase the lads lock me up somewhere.
Will post back with more updates when we get some.

Right we are all set to go on are planning session holiday this friday, we cannot wait. We have the planning session on tue at francks, then are food tasting session in the afternoon that should be great, i will make sure i take plenty off pics of everything to finally get some pics off the things we have on here.

Debbie finally got her wedding dress, unfortunatly as im doing all these reports she cant post the picture of her dress but she will post other things to do with the wedding soon.

I had my stag do to magaluf just about survivied thou the old body took about a week to get over the alchol intake. The lads made me dress as a women on the saturday so i got a bit off abuse for that, also plenty of male admirers which rather scared me.:confused3 .

Cant wait to get back to the world now and taking our 15 month daughter for the 1st time it should be great. Will post updates and pictures when back.

Hi all so we are back from our wedding planning session, and it was brilliant.
I cant speak highly enough of how it went and how much they made us feel about the whole experiance.
I wont do a whole trip report off our week there as you will have 3 weeks worth when we get married, i will just keep it to the planning session and the tasting session. Also a few sneaky picks off our daughters 1st time there.

Planning session
So we were due to do this on the tue, but unfortunatly on the monday summer, our daughter got a high temperature and debbie started being sick also. Come tue morning summer wasnt getting any better so we got a doctor, it seems she had picked up an ear infection likely on the plane and thats what was affecting her, but at least we knew and debbie was also feeling better. Anyhow we was really worried then about our sessions as that was the whole point off being there, but luckily are planner carol, was able to change some things round a few days laster for us. :)
So thur afternoon are planning session started at the brilliant francks, by the pavillion.
florida045.jpg

florida039.jpg

It was really good how it was set out and their was some beautifull stuff inside, though youd have to be brave to take a blue wedding cake.
So we basically went inside and sat in an office with our wedding planner to sort out all our plans. We have basically decided on the wedding reception to last into the evening as we do in england as we didnt fancy doing the desert party or that, so we had to go through the things that happen and if we want certain things in the wedding like characters and the cinderella carrige, but due to finances we wont be having any. We then had to do the florist part so summer decided this would when she'd let daddy run round after her in francks and mummy could sort all that stuff out.
I basically have wanted something skyblue in my wedding as im a massive coventry city fan, now debbie wont let me have nearly anything, so ive told her not to be surprised if on the day she turns up to me and my best man in a sky blue tux :rotfl:
Anyway as shes good to me she has relented and let me have the favours in skyblue that our choclate placecard holders, Wow a placecard holder lots of skyblue there im so lucky.
florida038.jpg

After we had finished this part, it was onto the cake tasting, which was fun though i didnt feel you could get a proper tase to say if it would be nice or not. We decided on a bottom tier of dark choclate sponge and rasberry filling debs loved this and a yellow sponge with dark choc filling for the 2nd tier then the 3rd tier the rasberry one again.
florida036.jpg

It was clever how this was set out.

So after this we said our goodbyes till are tasting session tommorrow, as their was a wedding not long finished we was allowed to go into the pavillion to see it all, seemed strange to think we would be marrid there soon, but we knew just by seeing it, we had made the right decision in where to get married.
florida057.jpg

florida060.jpg

florida059.jpg

Quite cool to have a brides and grooms room to finish up getting ready in, can feel a sneaky hip flask being snuck into thier for 1 last drink to calm the nerves.

So on to the tasting session
Wow the grand floridian is amazing and cant wait to stay their on our wedding nite. So we had time to kill before the session so we had a look around and debs spotted a tv with our names on it saying about are planning session which was cool.
florida086.jpg

Ok onto the room with the food, we bumped into the head chef putting together are food tasting room as we arrived early, he was a very nice man and seen we had our daughter was with us and when our 1st course came out he brought a fruit salad in the shape of mickey just for her.
Our 1st course to try was a mushroom filled pasta, soup dish.
florida095.jpg

We also try a chicken quisidlla (however you spell it). But have decided to go with the soup as we feel its more off a wedding starter than the other one.
Now we didnt take some pictures off courses basically we were enjoying the food too much and looking after our daughter lol.
So next we tried a cesar salad (no pics im afraid) It was very nice though.
After this we had a sorbet (this is great how its done)
florida097.jpg

After this it was the main courses and 1st up was chicken with shrimps and scallops, with veg.
florida098.jpg

I really enjoyed this as i like shrimp and scallops.
The 2nd main course was a steak and chicken combo with veg and mash potatoe (sorry no pics again).
We have decided to go with the steak and chicken combo as we feel this will be good for everyone as if they dont like one they should like the other.
The last course was desert and what a cracker.
florida100.jpg

This was all edible on the plate even the scriggly writing was in choclate. So that was it all done, and we loved every minute off it.
Here is a couple of pics of our beautifull daughter and some off her new friends.
florida003-1.jpg

florida013.jpg

florida106.jpg

florida108.jpg

So now we are back and have 4 months to go and still alot off planning to do. So ill leave this for now and hopefully post the pics off are wedding rings in a few days that we picked up.

Glad you got your photos up.:goodvibes

Lovely pretrip/marriage planning report. Looking forward to reading all your updates.

Well we have just over a week till we leave now and 2 till the wedding. I think we have everything just about sorted now.
Just booked a couple off restaurants
donalds breakfasauras for our daughter and the polynasian dinner for myself and debbie for after our wedding.
Still no nerves, apart from my speech and everyone looking at us, other than that i have no nerves to be marrying debbie as i know it will be the best thing ive done.
Havent got any pictures to post as ill save them for our trip report when we get back,
Thanks everyone for your help now all i need is debbie to make it down the aisle and ill be ok.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to hearing all about it. Don't worry everything will be perfect.:goodvibes

Best Wishes, have a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading your trip report :goodvibes

it was great seeing all your pics, reminded me of when i got married. it was very beautiful there.

have a wonderful day, cant wait to hear all about it when you get back.xx

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I've just read through your plans and everything sounds wonderful! :lovestruc

I'm sure you'll all have an amazing time - looking forward to hearing about it when you get back :)

sounds like you are going to have a great wedding
thanks for sharing

and Congratulations and best wishes for the big day

HI everyone sorry for the long delay in doing this debbie has had a degree to do so had no time to use the computer. We havent really took any pictures for this 1st day off the report as it was travelling and flying mainly. I have put a picture though off our daughter and nephew on the wedding day unstaged as a taster. Anyway on to the report
myself ross (groom)
debbie (wife)
summer (daughter)
33 other guests.
Ok we wanted to leave for the airport about 5pm today and doing online check in as we have 6 cases 3 hand luggage bags and a car seat, all i can see is me humping all this round as only the 3 off us our on the flight. Well 1st problems arise, debbie is doing her degree and had to get some coursework in as we would be away for the due date, so she was working hard to get it done, which she eventually managed about 10pm, so we finally set off 5 hrs late. I couldnt do online check in as it wasnt working today for some reason, so my worst nightmare come true the next day, up early 6 am, theres me trying my best to drag 2 trolleys worth off cases with no help :rolleyes1
Get to check in and the bloke cant check us in as everytime he goes to the seats get robbed, as the flight is so busy so we have to just go and que and explain it at the desk. We get to the desk, they dont think there is any seats left as they have over booked (this is soooo annoying) With an 18 month old baby this isnt good. Luckily they get us seats and also together :woohoo:
Flight was pretty uneventfull apart from the hr delay on the plane as a phone was found from the previous journey so we had to go back and hand it in. Got to orlando 9 hrs later, went to customs, and joined a queue, got to 3 people from the front and the computer crashes, another flight has come in by now, so the place is packed and summer is getting restless. Well luckily for us debbies brother is on the other flight and my some chance he is in the queue next to us so we jump in with him and get through.
We got to pop century without anymore trouble and check in fine. Get to our room at last and their is someone elses bags their (jeez this is not a good start) Ring recpetion and can only move from the 90's to the 50's building so we have to find our bell boy, go get new room keys and move again. After this i have to go and get our car for the 3 weeks a toyota rav 4. Very nice it is. Now i have never drove in america or a automatic so i was quite nervous being on my own as debbie and summer had 50 winks :rolleyes1 After 2 mins i hated it, but i just thought go for it ross youve drove for long enough and i just took off and prayed:eek: luckily my sat nav friend helped me and i survivied i will always drive now as i loved it, though did be a bit off a choir driving seeing everyone every day.
Got back to pop and got debs and summer, went to don pablos on idrive for dinner where we met up with a couple off debs brothers and my best mate and his gfriend who had got their the day before. Straight home to bed after this as very tired.
I promise plenty more pictures will be on for the rest off the report 2moorow IOA.
Here is a quick pic off summer and george at the wedding.
60126.jpg

So cute! Looking foward to hearing more. I'm getting married at the WP at the end of the year.

What a start - I hope everything else goes to plan for you! Love the photo of Summer and her cousin :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter