Our wedding plans thought id post here aswell. WEDDING TRIP REPORT AT LAST.

macca77

Mouseketeer
macca77
Mouseketeer

planning journal wp,whitehall. ross&debs 22nd april 09
Hi everyone just wanted to start our very own planning journal and surprisingly im the groom. Not sure if there is many grooms on here doing a planning journal but i think i love the site more than my wife to be, also im a quicker typer.

Let me start my name is ross and my fiancee is debbie, i proposed in april 2005 in hawaii on the beach.

We both love disney and orlando so when we first saw the wedding pavillion on trips to the world we knew that if we could afford it this would be the place we would get married.

So onto the wedding details. We finally spoke with a wedding planner this week to talk about our wedding in april 09. We have asked for the 23rd of april and we have roughly 40 guests coming over from england to be with us on our magical day.

Our marrige is going to take place in the wedding pavillion then onto the whitehall room for our reception which we will be extending to last longer.
We have found this forum very helpfull with pictures of some of the food on offer and pictures of the rooms and photographers. I have already been in contact with randy chapman about being our photographer so im hoping he will be free that nite.
Our wishes page so far includes
wedding pavillion
whitehall for dinner and everyones drinks
magic kingdom photo shoot
Dj
Dancefloor
Randy as our photographer booked seperate.

Our holiday requirements will be 17 nites on disney property, unsure of which property yet and a 3 night disney cruise.
We also have a beautifull daughter called summer who will be 18 months old and 1 of the bridesmaids.
My best man is called anthony, Suits wise i have seen the carolyn allens website and their is some nice ones their for hire, so between here nad trying one on over their in december i will pick one out.

Debbie is still looking for a dress but has found some she likes.
Well not sure what else to say for now except we cant wait to get booked in so its near all confirmed and we can book the holiday details.
If anyone has any questions fire away and thanks for taking the time to read our planning journal.

Hi everyone just a quick update.
We have just booked our wedding holiday and we are so excited.
Ok we fly out with virgin on april 16th and we stay in pop century for 14 nights.
We then leave there for a 3 night disney cruise on the wonder around the bahamas wohoo, After that we stay in the holiday inn international for the last 4 nights of our holiday. We cannot wait now though still a long time away.

Got our wedding date confirmed on friday had to change it to the 22nd of april so we could have the whithall room but thats fine by me. Really feels like its close now and can start to get everything else sorted with the wedding.
Booked my stag do to magaluf for october 25 lads going out in all so it should be a good laugh, just dreading what they our going to do to me.

Will keep up to date our plans for the wedding as we will be starting to get a rough plan together of what we want and we can go out there in december to have our planning session.

Hi mandy we live in coventry up the skyblues.

Will let you know more plans as and when they happen.

your wedding sounds like its going to be fantastic,looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing some piccies:goodvibes

Just wanted to say Hi from a fellow UK member who is planning a DFTW. Wishing you luck with all your plans.

plans sound great :) are you going to have any 'characters' in attendance?

We have been thinking about this, still unsure as of the budget we have fir the wedding and how expensive it is for them, but we will see im sure my wife to be will talk me into it at some point.

Excellent plans Ross,can't wait to read more.I am following someones wedding trip report at the moment and they had Randy do there pics.Well they are beautiful photo's,i am sure you would'nt be disappointed.Lynn-who's Wedding it was-cannot fault the guy she loves him+says how wonderful he is.
I have stayed at the Holiday Inn International drive+we enjoyed it there,so close to everything.x.

2 quick updates
We have decidied to go with misty motto for our photos, my wife to be prefered hers, to randys.

Number 2
We have hired rev tim herring to be our officiant, after looking at the peoples websites and sending emails we just got a nice feel for this man so he is going to marry us.

Cant wait now hopefully going in december to meet our wedding planner and do some food tasting wohooo.

Congratulations to you both. Really exciting to read about your wedding plans. (My daughter dreams of doing this!). Looking forward to hearing how the plans are going and a trip report (with photos!) next April.

Sounds amazing and you will love the cruise so much it is just so romantic.

Please come back and tell us more.

susan

Your wedding plans sound magical. Please do keep us updated, it all sounds so exciting.

Laur's princess:

Have fun planning!! We got married at the Wedding Pavillion and it was just perfect! Enjoy X

Hi all just wanted to post an update on our wedding plans, The contract has came through and has been signed and sent back with a deposit, so i guess its finally all happening.
Debbie has found 2 dress'es so far, i said to her we could do with it being less than a 1000 for the dress, she has found 2 one at 600 and 1 at 1300, now you know which one she prefers the more expensive one of course. How could i say no so looks like that is the one we shall be buying though she has one last trip to shops this weekend, so fingers crossed we find a cheaper one. (By the way im not tight honest).
My stag do is only 6 weeks away now so im starting to get worried what the lads have planned for me, only time will tell i guess.

About 20 people booked for the wedding so far, so we are very happy with the effort from friends and family as looks like another 20 on top of that will be coming aswell.

Thats all for now but hopefully will have more updates sooner now the contracts are signed and we can do some intensive planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter