Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World

OMG what a fun day! I love EE and my DD can't get enough of it. Her obsession started at age 5! That Summer she made me ride it 4 times in a row and the following year I was just sick of it. I went back on again in March though and remembered why I love it so much!

That last pic of your DD w/ her Yeti is so adorable! Your kids are all so cute and they look so happy in every picture! What's the secret? :rotfl: Mine fight all the time.

Happy Birthday! Great update. Avery also went on Dinosaur but was not a fan! Love the new ticker. I think we may be shooting for the last week in Sep 2010 as well.

Well your first day was great! So many great pictures of the kids. i love the one with Lizzie all tucked in with the yeti :goodvibes.

Yea, I love the one with Lizzie and the Yeti too!!!!!

What a great first full day!

I love the pictures of the kids they are all great but I especially agree with Manny the picture with the car is so cool...you can see in their faces they are having so much fun together....

Can we go to sleep now...I am not surprised you guys had an action packed day....good planning.

Congrats to Emily I love Everest....and Congrats to YOU too...

I do love the one with the car, that one will be put on a calendar for Father's Day!
And thanks for the congrats on Everest, I was so scared!!!!

OMG what a fun day! I love EE and my DD can't get enough of it. Her obsession started at age 5! That Summer she made me ride it 4 times in a row and the following year I was just sick of it. I went back on again in March though and remembered why I love it so much!

That last pic of your DD w/ her Yeti is so adorable! Your kids are all so cute and they look so happy in every picture! What's the secret? :rotfl: Mine fight all the time.

Well, mine do fight too, especially Emily and Lizzie. They got along very well on this trip though because we were all so HAPPY!!! But my kids are just happy little creatures, not sure what the trick is!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday! Great update. Avery also went on Dinosaur but was not a fan! Love the new ticker. I think we may be shooting for the last week in Sep 2010 as well.

Ooo, I just loved Dinosaur. I love my new ticker too, it feels much better to have it up there. And yay for you guys thinking about the end of September too. How FUN!!!!!

ONLY 15 MORE MONTHS UNTIL WE GO BACK TO DISNEY WORLD:lmao: Just Kidding, I will not start counting down in this trip report, i'll try to refrain!!! I'll try to hold out until I start my new Pre Trip Report, Oh, I can't wait for that.

So we woke up nice and early this morning, and decided we were all in the mood for a nice big breakfast, so we got dressed and headed down to the foodcourt for a very BIG breakfast.

2009_0514AA.jpg

2009_0514AB.jpg

2009_0514AC.jpg

So with full bellies, and I mean full we headed out to the bus stop. We wanted to get there early for a good few hours before it got too hot. I don't remember what the temp got up to this day, but it was very hot. We got onto a very crowded bus and I started to think I made my first mistake by going to HS on this day. Fantasmic was only showing 2 times this week and i was warned it would be busy, but..... I wanted to see Fantasmic, so we went. And as soon as we got off the bus, oh my word, the crowds were bad.

2009_0514AD.jpg

2009_0514AE.jpg

2009_0514AF.jpg

This guy was funny, he turned to pose for me when he saw me walking buy with my camera.

2009_0514AG.jpg

2009_0514AH.jpg

Continued.....

So we had a mission and that was to head right to Toy Story Mania, woo hoo

2009_0514AJ.jpg

2009_0514AM.jpg

The Pixar Studios area was so awesome, it was great. So we were going to grab fast passes but the time was for 2pm and we knew we'd be back at the hotel for a swim at that time, the posted wait said 30 minutes, so we got in line. Well once we were in line for about 5 min that 30 min wait changed to 40 and by the time we got out it was 60, that's probably what we waited for it.

2009_0514AO.jpg

2009_0514AQ.jpg

2009_0514AR.jpg

2009_0514AS.jpg

2009_0514AT.jpg

2009_0514AW.jpg

2009_0514AX.jpg

So we all enjoyed this ride and the waiting area was great to look at while waiting. Was it all that I was expecting. Well, I think with all of the talk about this ride, i was expecting more. I actually enjoyed Buzz Lightyears space ranger spin more, so, was it worth an hour wait, not really next time. For the first time though, i'm glad we waited and checked it out.

After we walked out of there we saw Buzz and Woody across the street , inside this building, so we got in line, very excited!!!!!

I'll start this in another post....

The waiting area to see Buzz and Woody was really cute too with all little things set up for pictures.

2009_0514BE.jpg

2009_0514BG.jpg

2009_0514BH.jpg

2009_0514BI.jpg

2009_0514BJ.jpg

2009_0514BL.jpg

2009_0514BO.jpg

2009_0514BR.jpg

Ok after we got our Toy Story fix we were very happy and ready to go check Lights, Motor, Action stunt show. We got there and waited about 20 min for the next show to start, which was perfect timing, we had great seats and were able to get right out after the show, because that show holds alot of people. I highly recommend seeing this, it was AMAZING!!!!

2009_0514BS.jpg

2009_0514BT.jpg

2009_0514BV.jpg

2009_0514BW.jpg

And then Herbie came out , we were all so excited, we love Herbie!!

2009_0514CA.jpg

2009_0514CD.jpg

2009_0514CD-1.jpg

2009_0514CL.jpg

After this show we headed to Toy Story Pizza Planet to get some lunch, I will continue this tonight. We are going to go meet my Mom up at the Mall, Emily and Lizzie are getting their ear's pierced today!! I'll post a pic of them later too!!!
And my brother just moved into a gorgeous house with a big yard and an inground pool (i'm excited) and we're going to visit him later.

Great Pictures! Thanks for posting. I think I agree with you on the Toy Story ride....too long of a wait! Although I am spoiled by EMH.

This picture is AMAZING! Gotta love those Disney smiles! :):)

Good for Emily for getting Mom to ride Everest! It's a great ride isn't it?

One of the best things for me about Disney is that Dan (14) still enjoys all the magic! I'm glad Anthony did as well. There's just something about that place that brings out the little kid in everyone! :wizard:

Great AK day! Looking forward to more! popcorn::

Great pics Pam! Looks like another fabulous day! My crew liked TSM but we never waited more than 20 min to ride. The rain slowed things down a bit I think. We rode twice at rope drop and then later in the day with FP. FP was the longest wait. There is a lot of hype about it though. It's not something I would wait an hour to ride.

Hope the ear piercing went well. :goodvibes

DHS Day! Woo-Hoo! :woohoo::woohoo:

There's not too much I'd wait in line for an hour to ride....we tried to FP everything, but we did wait in the standby line for our first TSM ride. It was only a 30 minute wait though. I'm spoiled by the great advice and trip planning tips I get on the DIS!

LMA is a GREAT show...a must do for our family. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Great pictures! :thumbsup2

We didn't do the Pixar meet and greet, but the pics are adorable! It's easy to tell your kids were having a blast! (HA...literally with the strapped to the rocket pics! :rotfl:)

Have a great day with your family. Looking forward to more!

Oh.....LOVE the new ticker!! ;)

Ok, so i'm going to finish off our Hollywood Studios Day!!!! Go me, 2 updates in the same day!

So we were on our way to Toy Story Pizza Planet and stopped at Muppet Vision 3D which was right outside of the restaurant, then we staggered into Pizza Planet, Hot, tired and really had to go to the bathroom.

2009_0514CT.jpg

2009_0514CU.jpg

2009_0514CW.jpg

We loved this restaurant. Probably because we love Toy Story. Manny went to find a table upstairs while me and the kids went to get our food. We ate and relaxed for a little bit, it felt so good to rest.

After we left the restaurant we were on our way back to Animation Courtyard for Playhouse Disney and Little Mermaid, well, it was so crowded (more than our other days anyway) and super hot, this was the hottest day we had that whole week. We couldn't trudge along, the kids just wanted to go back to the hotel and go swimming! So off we went, we said we'd come back later??????

2009_0514CX.jpg

So back at the hotel we ate our Mickey head rice crispy treats and enjoyed them!!!

2009_0514DD.jpg

Anthony wanted me to take a before and after pic of his Mickey!! He's so funny!! The things that amuse us!!!

2009_0514DC.jpg

2009_0514DE.jpg

We were just so comfortable in the nice AC, the kids jumped around on the beds for a little bit.

2009_0514DI.jpg

2009_0514DJ.jpg

Then we got ready to go down to the pool, where we spent a good few relaxing hours

2009_0514DA.jpg

We actually only left the pool because of Very loud thunder and lightening, so we came back up to the room and the kids entertained themselves. Anthony put on this very funny puppet show, we even had other kids that were walking by stopping to watch it, it was soooo cute!!!

2009_0514DR.jpg

2009_0514DS.jpg

2009_0514DU.jpg

It rained for the rest of the night, but it was thundering and lightening as well, and we were so tired from this hot crowded day that we really just wanted to relax.

We went down to the foodcourt for supper, and then hung out in the arcade for a while. It was a nice relaxing night!!!

This is Lizzie's otter, Anthony put his sunglasses on him.

2009_0514DO.jpg

Up next is our Downtown Disney Day with my surprise to the kids and Manny, and Mini golf. This was an AWESOME DAY!!!!

Gotta upload the pics though!! Oh and Emily and Lizzie got there ear's pierced and all went well, they look so pretty, i'll post a pic tomorrow!!

Sounds like a relaxing way to end the day. :cloud9:

I love the puppet show...too cute!

And those rice krispy treats look so good....I could really go for one of those right about now! :goodvibes

o no fair! I can't wait to hear how you surprised the family! Great trip report so far. Thanks for sharing. Reading your TR was the highlight of my day today!:)

Great update. We never did TSM-did not want to wait...Kids still look like they are having a fantstic time!

You guys looked liked you had so much fun! And your kids crack me up! Your DS with his glasses, puppet show and his rice crispy. And your youngest's expressions in the cue for Buzz and Woody! So funny!

Our DHS day was very similar, except for the rain and crowds part! It was HOT!! The kids look like they were having a blast even haging around the hotel room! It's nice to have an evening or 2 where you do absolutly nothing! I'm glad that as first timers you weren't hitting the parks commando and wearing yourselfs out! Miss some attractions just gives you a better reason to plan your next trip! :woohoo:

I made a ticker!!! It took me awhile to remember how to do it. and look we are going to be there at the same time!!!!

Good update :thumbsup2. I really liked TSM. We rode it twice and the wait time was 55 minutes each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter