Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World

3princesses+aprince

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our first trip to Disney World!!! What a wonderful time we had!! It was everything that I hoped it would be and more:lovestruc We are already planning to go back in September, 2010!!!!

If you would like to check out my pre trip report, you can see who we all are and what fun we had preparing and planning for our first trip! If not, you will meet us here through pics anyway.

I am Pam, my dh is Manny, and there is my 12 yr old stepson, Anthony, and mine and Manny's daughters, Emily, 9, Lizzie, 7, and Samantha 5!!!!!

We were in Disney from May 12-19th and we had two preferred rooms at the All Star movies. We requested the Toy Story building and got it, we love Toy Story!!

We were on the Quick Service Dining Plan and loved every minute of it. There was so much food, sometimes we would look at each other like "oh my god, we have to eat again" We had 36 snack credits and 7 meals left the day we checked out, luckily we didn't leave until 5:45pm, so we tried to use up as much as we could of them!!! We still left with 1 meal and 16 snacks left over, we could not bear to even grab any more to go:laughing: It was great, it included 2 meals a day for each person, 2 snack credits a day for each person and a refillable mug for each person. LOVED the mugs!!!!!!!!

So let's start off on May 11th. It was a very busy day making sure everything was in the suitcases and everything was bought. It took me until like 5pm to finally find our misting fans but my Dad ended up finding them.:yay: When everything was finally triple checked and we were all set and ready to go to bed I gave the kids their Autograph books that I made them and the pins and lanyards that I bought! They were surprised and very excited.

2009_0511AA.jpg

Here we are just getting ready on May 12th, we are all sleepy and ready to go!! Below are the pics of the kids looking out the porch window when the Limo was pulling up. This was a surprise, they did not know about the Limo, they thought Grampy was bringing us to the airport!

2009_0512AA.jpg

2009_0512AB.jpg

2009_0512AC.jpg

2009_0512AD.jpg

2009_0512AE.jpg

2009_0512AG.jpg

2009_0512AH.jpg

2009_0512AK.jpg

The kids loved the Limo ride, they were so excited the whole time. It was about a 20 minute ride to the airport!!!

I'll continue in a new post, not sure how long they are able to get?

We arrived at the airport and went to the Southwest terminal to check our bags and get a boarding pass for Anthony, because when I checked in online his did not print. For anyone that followed my PTR, you know this because I was very upset and in a panic. It all went smooth, he did get a C boarding pass, but they said that was no problem at all, he could just get on with us in A!!! They were very friendly and nice!!!! We arrived about an hour before the terminal was even open, but we wanted to be early and prepared. We were!!!! The kids just had fun waiting!!

2009_0512AL.jpg

Here we are waiting for the plane, we went to get some drinks and pastries for breakfast.

2009_0512AO.jpg

2009_0512AP.jpg

"What's that, is that our plane"

2009_0512AQ.jpg

2009_0512AR.jpg

2009_0512AS.jpg

Southwest airplane cookies that they gave out

2009_0512AU.jpg

The plane ride went smooth, Emily, Sam, and Anthony's ears hurt, but not too severe. (That would be on the ride home:scared1:)

And we arrive at the Orlando International airport

2009_0512AW.jpg

Waiting for the Tram

2009_0512AX.jpg

2009_0512AY.jpg

Yay, we are finaly on the Magical express. We did not even have a wait, we walked right up and got right on the bus.

2009_0512AZ.jpg

2009_0512BA.jpg

2009_0512BB.jpg

WE ARE IN DISNEY WORLD

2009_0512BD.jpg

Continued in next post!!!!!!

Oh, we were in Heaven when we got off the bus and walked down the red carpet and into the lobby. Oh, it was awesome. Manny took the kids and went to sit down and watch TV, the kids thought the TV with the chairs out was great. Lizzie stuck with me to check in. My little buddy.

2009_0512BE.jpg

We checked in online a few days before. Would that save time? Would that mean our rooms would be ready when we checked in at 10:30 am?

2009_0512BF.jpg

2009_0512BG.jpg

Oh yes, our rooms were ready and we were in them by 11:00am:banana: I was thrilled, I so wanted to put these bags down and change into some shorts and tank tops, as it was 90 degrees.

2009_0512BH.jpg

2009_0512BI.jpg

So we checked out the room and changed up and went to the food court for our first Disney Luch.

2009_0512BJ.jpg

2009_0512BK.jpg

2009_0512BL.jpg

2009_0512BM.jpg

After lunch we went to check out our area, we were right by the Buzz and Woody:lovestruc

2009_0512BN.jpg

2009_0512BO.jpg

2009_0512BP.jpg

2009_0512BT.jpg

2009_0512BU.jpg

2009_0512BR.jpg

2009_0512BV.jpg

continued

So we went back up to our rooms and changed into our bathing suits, it was time for our first swim of the week. We left 50 degrees and were dropped into 90, that pool was callling us!!!

2009_0512BW.jpg

2009_0512BX.jpg

2009_0512BY.jpg

2009_0512CA.jpg

2009_0512CB.jpg

2009_0512CC.jpg

2009_0512CD.jpg

And then we went back into the "big Mickey pool" for a little while longer and that is where I will leave you for now.

I know my dis friends have been waiting for my updates, so I didn't want to make you wait until tomorrow, had to get this in before I go to work:headache: Back to reality!!

On this first night we went to the Magic kingdom, so stay tuned!!!!

I made it......Loving it so far.....I got to go back and finish reading I wanted to make it to the first page or close to it at least.....

Looks great a great arrival to WDW. How did the Online Check-IN go. Was it a long line? Did you get your connecting rooms? I'm still nervous about trying it in June.

PS - I think your count-down timer is broken.

Yay! You started TR and it's great! I can't wait to read more! I'm bummed we missed you at the AK DIS meet! The pool looks so refreshing! I could jump in right now!

I loved the look on your kids faces when they saw the limo.....I am so glade check in with southwest went ok, online checking was good to you AND your rooms were ready....you guys were on a roll....pixie dust was all around you....you just gotta love it.....

I hope all your memories of your trip help you make it through your shift tonight.....just think the planning starts all over again.....and that is always fun and stressful at times but fun O and it's fun and a more fun :rotfl2:

One of the things my family does ( great idea I got from one of fellow Diser MeMom trip report) is to plan small family dinners with a Disney theme.....One night we did a MK theme so we had "mom's" Casy's hotdogs with all the sides and I tried to make my own version of a dole whip, and freshed baked cookie and ice cream sandwhiches.....put on your favorite Disney movie and/or break out the Disney photos and have fun planning for future trips.....brings back a little magic everytime.

The possibilities are endless.....I think I may try Earl of Sandwich next....

Fantastic start to your TR , I love the pictures of all your adorable children waiting for the Limo. Looking forward to reading more:goodvibes

Wow...Jenny would have loved that hotel. It looks really child friendly. And Jason would have loved all the CS dining choices. We got 13 candy bars on the way home to use up our snack credits. Too much food! Can't wait to keep reading!

Glad you're all enjoying my report, I still gotta get the link in my signature!!!

Online check in was awesome, it only took a few minutes, and we did get our connecting rooms, because we were a mother, father and children they are guaranteed. It's only a maybe if you have more than two adults in your group. It went great.

Back to work last night. I had Disney songs running through my head all night, and all I thought about was being with Manny and the kids:sad1: Everyone was happy to see me and welcomed me back, and I smiled and said, Thank You!

I promise to have another update up soon, I have to upload some more pictures. I'll be putting up our first night in the Magic Kingdom:cloud9: Oh, when we first walked in and saw the castle and smelled all of the food:goodvibes It was great!!

I have been so busy with laundry, food shopping, walmart trips for everything we didn't have in the house. My nephew's birthday is sunday and we have a big parade on monday, that goes right by our house, so we all have a big thing that day, plus my birthday is always celebrated that day. It is on wed May 27th, but i'll be work:headache:

So as soon as I get a chance I will update!!!!!

Online check in was awesome, it only took a few minutes, and we did get our connecting rooms, because we were a mother, father and children they are guaranteed. It's only a maybe if you have more than two adults in your group. It went great.

See, I have heard many contradict this, but it worked for you, so I'll hope to believe it will work for us too. I will make sure I do a room request though 4 days previous.. JUST incase.

Can't wait to hear more.

I'm in!

We were at the same hotel, in the same area, at the same time!!!! I don't ever remember seeing your kids though. We stayed in Buzz, room 842 from May 10th-17th! I was looking through your pool pictures closely to see if I saw my son, haha! He is easy to pick out as he had shark floaties, but didn't see him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter