Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World

Wow, I come back after a hectic weekend and you've done TWO updates! Woohooo for you! :yay: Your DHS day sounds like a lot of fun and the pictures show how much your children are enjoying themselves :goodvibes I think it's fantastic that Anthony put on a puppet show for the girls - how sweet is he?! pirate: I'm glad you were all able to have a nice relaxing evening :banana:

What is that dinosaur thingy beside the lake? I don't recall seeing that last time :confused3

Sounds like a relaxing way to end the day. :cloud9:

I love the puppet show...too cute!

And those rice krispy treats look so good....I could really go for one of those right about now! :goodvibes

Yea, I could go for a rice crispy treat right now too. I could also go for taking the bus over to Epcot and riding Test Track:cloud9: Oh, i'm still thinking about Disney all day!!

o no fair! I can't wait to hear how you surprised the family! Great trip report so far. Thanks for sharing. Reading your TR was the highlight of my day today!:)

Aww, glad I could make your day, every time I do an update and put pics up it makes my day too.

Great update. We never did TSM-did not want to wait...Kids still look like they are having a fantstic time!

You didn't miss too much, don't worry!!! I will ride it next year too, but definitely with FP

You guys looked liked you had so much fun! And your kids crack me up! Your DS with his glasses, puppet show and his rice crispy. And your youngest's expressions in the cue for Buzz and Woody! So funny!

Oh yeah, Anthony is a comedian, he is always making us all laugh!!!

Our DHS day was very similar, except for the rain and crowds part! It was HOT!! The kids look like they were having a blast even haging around the hotel room! It's nice to have an evening or 2 where you do absolutly nothing! I'm glad that as first timers you weren't hitting the parks commando and wearing yourselfs out! Miss some attractions just gives you a better reason to plan your next trip! :woohoo:

Oh, yeah, we already said the days that we were more relaxed were the best days, that's why next year the relaxing time will be planned in!!!

Glad you had a good time!

Thanks

I made a ticker!!! It took me awhile to remember how to do it. and look we are going to be there at the same time!!!!

Ah, there's my friend. I love your ticker, it's very pink and pretty!!! Would you ever have thought that we would have twin tickers. Fun huh? Wait until we're counting down the days, the girls are going to drive us crazy. For anyone that didn't follow my pre trip report, Makdyn is my best friend and she has 2 daughters, so between us we have 5 girls all around the same ages and we're going to Disney together next year!!!!!

Good update :thumbsup2. I really liked TSM. We rode it twice and the wait time was 55 minutes each time.

Yeah, I heard that alot of people LOVED it!!

Your kids look so happy. Don't you just love that? That is the best thing about Disney World!

Oh, I do, I love working on my scrap book, because I get to keep looking at my pictures!!!

Wow, I come back after a hectic weekend and you've done TWO updates! Woohooo for you! :yay: Your DHS day sounds like a lot of fun and the pictures show how much your children are enjoying themselves :goodvibes I think it's fantastic that Anthony put on a puppet show for the girls - how sweet is he?! pirate: I'm glad you were all able to have a nice relaxing evening :banana:

What is that dinosaur thingy beside the lake? I don't recall seeing that last time :confused3

I know, 2 updates, I was so proud myself. And as for Anthony, he is such a wonderful big brother and a wonderful child. He is always thinking of others, especially his family and always loves to help me out with the girls when we're out.

And that is Dinosaur Gertie's Ice cream in that dino by the lake there!!!!

Isn't Disney wonderful! I can tell that you guys are having a blast because everybody is always smiling. It's that way for us when we go to WDW. We are all smiles all day long. Even when the other people in the parks have started getting grumpy, we're still smiling along.

Isn't Disney wonderful! I can tell that you guys are having a blast because everybody is always smiling. It's that way for us when we go to WDW. We are all smiles all day long. Even when the other people in the parks have started getting grumpy, we're still smiling along.

I noticed that too, when the end of the day was approaching and others seemed to be getting grumpy, we were just not. We were so happy to be in Disney World that even if we were standing in a line or just hanging out we were happy. I'm happy just thinking about it !!!!!!! :love:

I noticed that too, when the end of the day was approaching and others seemed to be getting grumpy, we were just not. We were so happy to be in Disney World that even if we were standing in a line or just hanging out we were happy. I'm happy just thinking about it !!!!!!! :love:

When I planned our first WDW vacation, I thought it would be a one time trip and the next year, we'd go somewhere else. Little did I know that we'd be totally sucked in by WDW. We have now been 13 times and our 14th trip is in August. Love Love Love Disney World!

Yup, that's exactly what we said, but.........We're going back to Disney next year. Ya Hooo:banana::banana::banana: I mean, even Manny can't wait to go back.

Ok, I was waiting for this day all week!! This and AK day were my favorite out of the whole week. Even though of course all days were magical!

So we woke up and got ready, we went to the foodcourt and got our usual, muffins, bagels etc...

2009_0515AA.jpg

2009_0515AC.jpg

Then we went over to the front desk, we had to figure out how to get to Fantasia Gardens! They are all so nice there in the lobby!

Lizzie waiting with me!
2009_0515AD.jpg

Out to the bus stop. We had to take the bus over to Hollywood Studios, then from there get on the Water Taxi to the Swan Hotel. It was awesome.

2009_0515AG.jpg

2009_0515AH.jpg

2009_0515AI.jpg

After a nice bus ride over to HS we walked over to the water taxi, the kids were so darned excited!!!

2009_0515AK.jpg

2009_0515AN.jpg

It was at this point that Lizzie looked at me and said in her cute little voice "This is the best vacation ever" Oh, I keep thinking of those little words!

When we got off the water taxi it was so beautiful, the Swan is amazing!!

2009_0515AT.jpg

We had to walk right through the grounds of the Swan to get to Fantasia Gardens, we stopped at the beach area!!

2009_0515AV.jpg

2009_0515AW.jpg

2009_0515AX.jpg

Oh the kids had so much fun on the hammocks, then there was also a playground right there on the sand, so they hung out there for a few minutes. It was so nice!!!

After that we walked right over to Fantasia Gardens!

2009_0515AY.jpg

2009_0515BA.jpg

2009_0515BB.jpg

2009_0515BC.jpg

2009_0515BD.jpg

2009_0515BE.jpg

2009_0515BG.jpg

2009_0515BH.jpg

2009_0515BI.jpg

2009_0515BK.jpg

2009_0515BL.jpg

2009_0515BN.jpg

2009_0515BT.jpg

It was pretty hot this day, but again, our misting fans saved the day. We had so much fun playing mini golf. We are a family that LOVES mini golf!!!! So much Fun!!!!

Well i'm actually going to go take a nice hot bath right now, the kids are in bed and I will put up another update when I get out of the bath.

Pictures of mini golf are great! I don't know if we will go to mini golf but it was fun to see the pictures, and to see how nice it is.

The mini-golf looks like so much fun! We had it planned, but never made it! Mike was a party pooper and was too hot! Next time, for sure!!!:thumbsup2

Ok, so go me, i'm going to finish this lovely day up!!!

So after we mini golfed, and oh boy, we are so good:lmao: We walked right over to the boardwalk!

2009_0515BX.jpg

2009_0515BZ.jpg

It was really hot, so we didn't really stay too long, we checked out what was over there and really wanted to rent a surrey bike, but we were too hot at that point and said we wanted to come back another time and rent one, they looked like so much fun.

2009_0515BZ.jpg

So we caught the water taxi that picked up right at the boardwalk and took it back to HS, to bus it back to The All Star Movies for some much needed pool time. We were HOT.

We got to sit on the outside of the water taxi this time. It was nice

2009_0515CA.jpg

2009_0515CB.jpg

So we went back to our hotel and stopped right at the food court when we got off the bus for some nice lunch. We went back up to the room and changed into our bathing suits and swam for a while. Then the kids were really excited to know what the surprise would be, so we went back up to the room and got changed to go over to Downtown Disney!!!!!

So we got off the bus and I told everyone we could stop and look at everything later but we had to go straight to where we needed to go!!!!

2009_0515DI.jpg

DTD was so much prettier than I even imagined it would be. I really loved it down there.
Soooooo, we went straight to Captain Jack's Marina (and it was really funny but earlier this day we saw a family on a boat and Manny said, see, that's what we should do, we should go on a boat.) So that's what we were doing, we were renting a boat!!! Manny has always wanted to do this, and the kids have never been on a boat, so I knew they would love it too!!

I paid for the boat rental while Manny and the kids were checking the boats outs, then they had us all put on life jackets and told us to go right over to the man at the boat and he would tell us what to do.

We walked down the dock, the kids were ecstatic and so was Manny. well, silly Manny at this point didn't realize HE was driving the boat.

When we got down there, he found out and he was shocked. He said"are you going to tell me how to drive it" The guy told him, yeah, you put it up to go forward and down to go in reveres and put it into neutral if you want to stop. He said, it's just like driving a cadillac. They gave us a map and told us what canals to go down, and we were on our way. Manny was in all his glory!!!

2009_0515CC.jpg

2009_0515CD.jpg

2009_0515CE.jpg

2009_0515CF.jpg

2009_0515CH.jpg

2009_0515CI.jpg

2009_0515CJ.jpg

2009_0515CK.jpg

2009_0515CL.jpg

2009_0515CQ.jpg

2009_0515CR.jpg

2009_0515CS.jpg

2009_0515CV.jpg

2009_0515CX.jpg

2009_0515CZ.jpg

2009_0515DA.jpg

I love this picture!!!!!!!!
2009_0515DB.jpg

We had so much fun on this boat, I highly recommend this, it was amazing, the views while on the ride were so pretty!!! This was the most memorable thing we did while there. Lizzie's smiling face on her favorite ride dumbo and Sam's big eyes when she spotted Ariel were all memorable Disney moments too, but this was a nice family thing!!!! The kids are still talking about it!!

I'll finish off the rest of our night in the next post......

So was the minigolf place there at the swan? I kinda wanted to go minigolfing when we went but didn't know how to get there by bus (yes we drove, but I was scared to drive!).

So after our wonderful boat ride we walked around, there was so much going on, there was a big hoola hoop contest going on, we watched that for a little while, then went in and out of some shops, Lizzie finally picked out her Dumbo!!! And Sam picked out an Ariel.

2009_0515DC.jpg

2009_0515DD.jpg

2009_0515DF.jpg

2009_0515DG.jpg

2009_0515DH.jpg

The kids loved the lego area!! It was neat.

Then we went to Goofy's Candy Company and the kids all wanted the slushies, they didn't even want to make the big hunk of snacks. We just had so much food and snacks this week, the poor kids didn't even want any more. So we all enjoyed our slushies and then played in the jumping fountains. There was music playing everywhere it was just so nice.

We wanted to eat dinner down there, but the kids were not hungry at all. So we went back to our hotel, went for an awesome night swim and ate a late dinner at the foodcourt. It was another awesome day!!!!! Oh, how I want to be there so badly right now.

What a great update! Such a fun idea to rent the boat. Ur hubby looked so proud to be driving! Such a fun family thing-my girls would love it! I am having major withdrawls too!

Hi Pam!!! I love reading TRs when it is somebodys first trip to the world!! OMG you all had such a blast!!! Loving your TR!!!

Oh those pics on the beach are so good! You have a beautiful family. (You knew that laready though...didn't ya?) ;) Renting the pontoon....isn't that the most fun? We did that once at Bay Lake. DTD looks like a blast too. Where all could you go? Were you allowed to go as far as Port Orleans? I want to rent the pontoon again next time I bring my parents. I think they'd like that.

The boat rental surprise was amazing! Seeing how happy you made your husband and kids brought tears to my eyes! The way you incorporated activities into your trip that made everyone feel special just blew me away. We had an awesome trip too but I was so focused on getting the most bang for our buck that I had my kids literally running from place to place without even asking them what they wanted to do. Your kids look so happy and relaxed. I am learning alot from your trip report that I will hopefully take with us on our next WDW vacation (Dec 2010-we hope).

Great job. Can't wait until the next installment!

This TR is waaaaaay to cute for me to handle. Your kids are adorable and really look like they're having the best time ever. If I'm lucky enough to have kids I can't wait to take them to the world for the first time <3 Great report and I can't wait to read more!

This TR is waaaaaay to cute for me to handle. Your kids are adorable and really look like they're having the best time ever. If I'm lucky enough to have kids I can't wait to take them to the world for the first time <3 Great report and I can't wait to read more!

I totally agree!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter