our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

Dawn - I'm with everyone else, you can never take too many pictures at Disney. The more the better I say. Love the ITTBAB glasses so glamarous. I think a TR with pictures are awesome because it makes the reader feel that they're there with you. So keep them coming.

You got some great pix!!!

Doesn't Ray know by now that you have to post pictures here on the DIS?

The Gorilla pix are the best!!! How unusual that they are awake...:thumbsup2

You don't do the safari????????:confused3

Dawn, that is such a cute picture!!!!

:laughing: thanks! my UGA fanatic neighbors thought so, too! :rolleyes1

Anyway! is it true that my two favorite...:worship: Vandy women are going to WDW.... Life at Disney will never be the same.....

yep, it's true!!! we're invading disney for free dining in september and leaving the hubbies at home!

I think they said these were related to the Giraffe :confused3

yep, they are. the sign says that they're in the same family. it's just that i've never seen them up and walking around before and they really are similiar to them.....just smaller and with shorter necks.

I seriously think we ALL 4 need to take a vacation together :teeth:

i don't know....i think you and i would probably end up leaving matt and ray behind just because we are more disney crazy! this whole vacation ray was wanting to rest or sit or just chill out and i was always ready to go! but i let him rest - it was his vacation too! (i guess. :lmao: )

Dawn! I'm so glad you loved SSR! We're going to try BW in March, but I just keep thinking we should just stick with SSR.

Fun update at AK - I'll be anxious for more....you always have so much fun!

i'm sure BW is nice too! i hear they have a great pool.

I am so excited to see SSR...we drove around it on the bus on our way to DTD last trip and it seemed so pretty and HUGE!!
LOVE the ITTBAB glasses...stylin' :)

it is huge! but i liked our location, which you'll see later. it was convenient to DTD and only like a 10-minute walk to the main area.

great update and pics.

sounds like a great start to your 1st day.

so far so good.....stay tuned though!

Is that a hidden Mickey on Ray's ear?

:rotfl2: that's too funny! it kinda looks that way, huh? nope, just a regular plug earring, but a little one.

Great start to your WDW trip!

SSR looks really pretty. Looking forward to the other pictures you took of the resort.

Love the AK pics from Pangani forest trail - we've never done that trail but the animals look so cool. Love the meerkats and gorillas!

By the way, I love your hair! The last report I read of yours it was much longer.

thanks about my hair! i just chopped it off about a month ago. the pangani trail is the best one, IMO. you should try it!

Great update Dawn...glad you liked SSR! You can see why we got the timeshare...it's so peaceful there isn't it? Hope you get Congress Park..we got it by accident. I had requested The Grandstand b/c it was the newest and ended up with CP. Glad we did (views of DTD are awesome as I hope you now know!!) and I have it requested on our next two reservations. Can't wait for more!!

you will see what i got soon (hopefully)! and yes, it is sooooooo peaceful and relaxing. except for the birds of course, but i'm just a freak about those! :laughing:

Great update dawn! love all the pics keep them coming

Animal kingdom looked kinda of crowded before the rope drop, I think you were at the tail end of our sprink break in nyc, maybe that was why EE was a 90 minute wait? :confused3

yes, AK was crowded that day. we got there around 9:10, so rope drop had already happened, but it wasn't bad in the morning. just started getting bad around 11:00. i think there were some spring break stragglers still there that day.

:thumbsup2 Sounding good so far

"so far" being the key phrase here!

Great update!! I love your bug eyed pictures!

:laughing: thanks!

Yea! an update... I personally love all your pictures!

thank you! :goodvibes

I think the picture taking thing is sort of like the Disney thing - you get it or you don't. I'm like you. I get up every morning and head out the door with my camera. Just capturing moments in time to re-live later is exciting to me. I will take a picture of a Florida palm tree blowing in the breeze with the blue Florida sky and the hot Florida sun in the background, and when I look at it later or show it to others, I can just feel myself there. In the mornings, before anyone is up, except a few CMs cleaning a pool or trimming hedges and such, you can get pictures of buildings and icons without any people walking in front of you. I love getting different angles on common pictures, as well as getting any angle on uncommon ones. I want to clone myself and have one of me taking pictures and one of me just watching and doing things like everyone else.

I agree about the gorillas. They are fascinating to watch. I also love to watch the tigers. I think they are beautiful, and I love to watch them walk around so majestically. The meerkats are fun to watch. We watched them chase and take down a rabbit in November. It was exciting to watch, yet kind of sickening, too, because the poor bunny didn't stand a chance. But that's the way of the wild. Oh, heck, who am I kidding? I like to watch them all. I could go on Kilimanjaro Safari and Maharajah and Pangani each three times in one day and still be ready to do it again.

I am so glad you were able to take your trip, and I hope you had a great, relaxing time! I look forward to seeing all of your pictures. You could never take too many for me!

thanks, memom! you always write the sweetest things! ray only complained once. he's glad i took all those pictures now because he's been looking at them the last few days. i caught him watching the P&PP fireworks the other day on his computer. he had his ear buds in and when he saw me watching them, he gave me one and we watched it together......again. :rolleyes:

i don't know if i could take seeing the bunny be "hunted." i'm such a baby about those things! i know it's how the world works - i just don't want to see it. i cried the other day when i heard that the horse that got 2nd place in the kentucky derby had to be euthenized. :sad2:

:lmao: Haha ... great picture and a great costume idea. Yea I didn't dislike UGA fans either ... until I moved up here. Atlanta is the red city: UGA, Coca-Cola, the Braves, the Hawks, the Falcons, and the list goes on.

very true. i never thought of that! i have relatives in peachtree city that are huge UGA fans and they never bothered me. it's just being surrounded by it really taints you, i think. what's so bad is i love athens other than the obnoxious frat boys! you just have to totally avoid that place on game days though!

I really like this tree of life pic because it gives the effect that you are in the middle of a forrest/jungle and the tree of life is rising up in the middle of it.

thanks! i love this pic, too.

Great pictures! You know I really like the jungle trails and animals more than the attractions at AK....so beautiful.

Why do the AK buses takes soooo much longer than the other buses? Was it a BB/AK combo? Did you have to swing by BB on the way to AK? We usually take the car to AK.

Love the bug glasses. It's a good look! :laughing:

i think it was a BB/AK combo, if i remember correctly. not sure though. we usually drive to AK too but we decided to take a bus that day. go figure!

Great update Dawn. I love reading trip reports with lots of pics it makes it so much more interesting. Looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful pics.

thanks! i love pictures so lots of them is a given with me!

Great start! I can't wait to hear more!

haha, I loved when Ray was complaining about taking photos so you took one of him to shut him up! hehehehe

it's sort of like when a baby cries and you take a picture of it, it'll stop crying. yeah, same idea. :rotfl:

Yahooooo! More trip report!! :woohoo:

Loving all your pretty pictures! And ooh la la, SSR looks beautiful!

Here's a question for you... On your trek, did you have to encounter any bats or birds, or um, anything with wings!? Because I'd love to do the trek, but I can't handle anything with wings flapping around me!! :scared1:

Thanks for the update, Dawn! :yay:

are you scared of birds, too???? if so, you and my best friend from high school are the only other people i know who are. i have a completely irrational fear of them! and yes, there is a bird section on the pangani trail, but they don't fly at your head or anything. the netting is really high, so they're all really far away. i just kind of walk fast through there. DH knows i'm not gonna hang around, so he usually finds me afterwards waiting on him. there is a bat area in the maharajah jungle trek, but the bats can't get to you. they're in a separate area and you just look through the fence/glass. i think you can even bypass that area if you want to.

I take those same pictures but when I show them to others they don't get it. They think they are just boring pics of Florida. I feel sorry for them! ;)

i feel sorry for them, too!

Dawn - I'm with everyone else, you can never take too many pictures at Disney. The more the better I say. Love the ITTBAB glasses so glamarous. I think a TR with pictures are awesome because it makes the reader feel that they're there with you. So keep them coming.

thanks! there will be no lack of pictures in this TR.....i promise!

You got some great pix!!!

Doesn't Ray know by now that you have to post pictures here on the DIS?

The Gorilla pix are the best!!! How unusual that they are awake...:thumbsup2

You don't do the safari????????:confused3

you'll just have to wait and see, won't you?

ray didn't complain after that. just look at what i told memom above.

It's great that you got to AK so early after checking into your resort!

Wonderful animal pics!

thank you! :goodvibes

Hi Dawn, welcome home :goodvibes

What a horrid first night, not nice to listen too at all!!!!!

SSR looks lovely, I hope you get the room you want and what a pain about the bus. Loving all your photos though :)

Hi Dawn! I'm so glad you're writing about another trip- I've been enjoying your girls trip, it's getting me psyched for my girls trip on June 1st- at SSR....so I'm getting a LOT out of BOTH of your vacays this year!!:thumbsup2 Love the way you write, and I can't WAIT to read more....:mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Great Job! I can't wait to hear about SSR! There is no such thing as taking too many pictures at Disney!!! :goodvibes

Great update! I always take pics like that, too. So does DH. :)
Keep it coming!

:laughing: i don't know....i think you and i would probably end up leaving matt and ray behind just because we are more disney crazy! this whole vacation ray was wanting to rest or sit or just chill out and i was always ready to go! but i let him rest - it was his vacation too! (i guess. :lmao: )

Disney would be cool....but I was just thinking b/c of the similarities we all just need to go SOMEWHERE!!

I think it would be fun :) :yay:

Maybe someday :beach:

are you scared of birds, too???? if so, you and my best friend from high school are the only other people i know who are. i have a completely irrational fear of them! and yes, there is a bird section on the pangani trail, but they don't fly at your head or anything. the netting is really high, so they're all really far away.

Ooh my goodness Dawn! You're scared of birds too?!!! :dance3:

I don't think it's an irrational fear at all! I've always been absolutely petrified of moths. Moths make me panic and hyperventilate in a non-funny way, if they're anywhere near me.

Anyway, I took a while to realise it was the moths' wings I didn't like. Moths are so flappy and jumpy and have big, heavy, furry, disgusting wings. Eugh.

And birds!? Birds are a bit different because they don't fly into my house (!!), so they're not so much of a problem. But I really hate if a brave bird gets too close to me. It's the wings!

And bats!? Bats are pure evil. They're like giant moths, but with horns and sharp teeth. But again, they don't come into my house either, so I don't need to worry about them so much. :rolleyes1

So um, yeah. I have a fear of anything with wings! I think I'll just skip the Animal Kingdom trails altogether!!

That's my rant, over! :yay:

I don't think it's an irrational fear at all! I've always been absolutely petrified of moths. Moths make me panic and hyperventilate in a non-funny way, if they're anywhere near me.

Anyway, I took a while to realise it was the moths' wings I didn't like. Moths are so flappy and jumpy and have big, heavy, furry, disgusting wings. Eugh.

And birds!? Birds are a bit different because they don't fly into my house (!!), so they're not so much of a problem. But I really hate if a brave bird gets too close to me. It's the wings!

And bats!? Bats are pure evil. They're like giant moths, but with horns and sharp teeth. But again, they don't come into my house either, so I don't need to worry about them so much. :rolleyes1

So um, yeah. I have a fear of anything with wings! I think I'll just skip the Animal Kingdom trails altogether!!

Oh my gosh!!! I am scared of moths too!!! I freak when they get near me!! That is too funny!! And low flying birds do me in!!

ewww....bed music next door!:scared: The only thing worse is when it's people in the same room as you.:rolleyes1

I love the pic in your siggy of you and peter pan! It's so cute!

Hi Dawn, welcome home :goodvibes

What a horrid first night, not nice to listen too at all!!!!!

SSR looks lovely, I hope you get the room you want and what a pain about the bus. Loving all your photos though :)

hey, jo! thanks for coming over. :goodvibes

You have some really lovely pics. Thanx:thumbsup2

thank you!!! ;)

Hi Dawn! I'm so glad you're writing about another trip- I've been enjoying your girls trip, it's getting me psyched for my girls trip on June 1st- at SSR....so I'm getting a LOT out of BOTH of your vacays this year!!:thumbsup2 Love the way you write, and I can't WAIT to read more....:mickeyjum :mickeyjum

cool! i know you'll just love SSR - it's so nice being close to DTD. request congress park if you like to shop! it's literally a 10-minute walk. i hope i get to my tuesday morning update before you leave so you can see all the wonderful pics i took of the resort. if not, PM me and i'll e-mail them to you! and thanks for your sweet compliments!

This is off-topic, but I LOVE your hair cut. It's cute.

thank you! i like it too. my hair was getting really long and all that underneath on my neck was driving me nuts! my hair grows really fast though so now i have to get it cut like every 3 weeks.

Us too! My DIL had me save a pic of yours, cuz hers didn't turn out quite right, and she wants to show the stylist next time!

awwwwww....that's so sweet! thank you! tell her to come to winder, georgia for my stylist. she's awesome - she cuts my hair for like $25 and the highlights she gave me only cost me $40. of course i didn't get that many, but you'd pay at least $60 easy anywhere else!

Great Job! I can't wait to hear about SSR! There is no such thing as taking too many pictures at Disney!!! :goodvibes

thanks! the majority of my SSR pics will be in my day 3 update. that's a good ways away considering i'm not even halfway done with day 1 yet! :laughing:

Great update! I always take pics like that, too. So does DH. :)
Keep it coming!

thanks, cas! :goodvibes

Disney would be cool....but I was just thinking b/c of the similarities we all just need to go SOMEWHERE!!

I think it would be fun :) :yay:

Maybe someday :beach:

oh, okay. sounds good to me! we love savannah - we should all do a long weekend there someday. it's a great place to just relax and have fun and people watch......and drink. :rolleyes1

moths don't bother me. neither do bats, although i've never been really close to a bat. it's the beaks and claws that bother me with birds. i was attacked by a blue jay when i was 9 years old and that's what tainted me for life! i have to have an extra chair if i eat anywhere at disney that has a duck/bird problem so i can put my feet up in the chair. and i pretty much have to close my eyes when walking through frontierland in the late afternoon - it seems like that area is ALWAYS full of those big, scary white birds during that time of day. they're planning an invasion, i tell you!!! :laughing:

Oh my gosh!!! I am scared of moths too!!! I freak when they get near me!! That is too funny!! And low flying birds do me in!!

see above. :scared1:

ewww....bed music next door!:scared: The only thing worse is when it's people in the same room as you.:rolleyes1

I love the pic in your siggy of you and peter pan! It's so cute!

so do you want to elaborate on that for us?

thanks about the pic. i couldn't believe i met him. we had just got finished meeting captain hook on friday morning and i look around the corner and there he was. i've NEVER seen him in the parks (other than parades) and i was so excited because he's my favorite character! i cropped wendy out of the pic - we don't like wendy. she's a homewrecker - she stole tink's man.

That sounds like a story....

EXACTLY! popcorn::

so do you want to elaborate on that for us?
It was a friend of mine. A few months after she got married they went on a vacation with another couple. On the first night they shared a hotel room with 2 queen beds. Not long after they checked into the room, the other couple went into the bathroom............not long after there was ALOT of noise.:scared: They then had to look at this couple when they came out and spend a whole week vacationing with them .

thanks about the pic. i couldn't believe i met him. we had just got finished meeting captain hook on friday morning and i look around the corner and there he was. i've NEVER seen him in the parks (other than parades) and i was so excited because he's my favorite character! i cropped wendy out of the pic - we don't like wendy. she's a homewrecker - she stole tink's man.

I'll never think of Wendy the same again!:rotfl2:

It was a friend of mine. A few months after she got married they went on a vacation with another couple. On the first night they shared a hotel room with 2 queen beds. Not long after they checked into the room, the other couple went into the bathroom............not long after there was ALOT of noise.:scared: They then had to look at this couple when they came out and spend a whole week vacationing with them .

:eek: um......slightly awkward, i would say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter