our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

LOL I just saw your the pic on the first page of your TR. Vandy and UT ... haha. U know I just changed my sig to add a little school spirit ... go jackets!!

I noticed that so I figured Dawn will like you b/c you are not a Dawgs fan :rotfl:

Now every time I see GT I'll just be thinking I'm glad I didn't go down for the SEC tourney this year like I usually do :cool1:

i know you guys are eager for the disney part to start! believe me...i would be too! all my pics are on DH's computer and i'm gonna start working on tranferring them tonight. without the pictures, the trip report can't start. i use my pictures to remind me of the order we did things! anyway, i should be starting on transferring the pictures tonight. i took about 300 every day! :eek: yes, you read that correctly. so this report will be FULL of them!

Oh! I'm crushed....now I have to wait longer for the disney part....it like now I only have 39 days before we checking in at SSR....it can't come soon enough...I looking forward to hear about what you guys thought of SSR the good and the bad......we're going back in October and staying at OKW for the first time....nothing like a ice cold miller lite on the balcony at WDW :woohoo: .......Life is good...:thumbsup2

Nice ... I was class of 2006 BSNRE (Nuclear and Radiological Engineering) ... I am such a masochist that I decided to come back and get me PhD.

I hope you and your husband will be paying attention to Tech football this year with our new coach. I am excited for the season to start in a few months :yay:.

Congrats!! :worship:

Yes, we are ready for the season. Last year at the Tech vs. UGA game, we were cold and sad when we lost. :sad2: We had talked trash with my cousins (all UGA grads). They were calling us while we were still in the stadium.

Sorry, Punkin Gyrl, didn't mean to hijack your thread with this "Ramblin" talk.

I am ready for the next update!!!!

P.S.

Punkin, you know my trip with Glendamax is coming up in four weeks. I will do another food report and Glendamax will do a TR. I hate that I won't get to see you at WDW in September since we are going to Disneyland!! :confused3

Hi AlienBrain,

Good to see fellow ATLiens. We have a lot in common...Georgia Tech. My husband's alma mater...Class of 1998 (BSEE).

:banana:

Cas

Eek!! GT fans!! :lmao: Just kidding!! I have a lot of friends who are Tech fans and I have a lot of family members who are dawg fans. I like to go the opposite direction......I am a Tennessee fan!! :goodvibes It makes family and friend get-togethers extra fun!!! I am about 30 minutes west of Atlanta,.

Eek!! GT fans!! :lmao: Just kidding!! I have a lot of friends who are Tech fans and I have a lot of family members who are dawg fans. I like to go the opposite direction......I am a Tennessee fan!! :goodvibes It makes family and friend get-togethers extra fun!!! I am about 30 minutes west of Atlanta,.

We are thinking about having a big tailgate party at our house with all GT decorations and inviting our "UGA" family. :rotfl2:
Are you in the Carrolton area? I am 5-10 mins from the airport!:thumbsup2

We are thinking about having a big tailgate party at our house with all GT decorations and inviting our "UGA" family. :rotfl2:

I live in Dallas, so probably about 45 minutes from Carrollton. I actually worked out there for about 3 years.

Nice ... I was class of 2006 BSNRE (Nuclear and Radiological Engineering) ... I am such a masochist that I decided to come back and get me PhD.

I hope you and your husband will be paying attention to Tech football this year with our new coach. I am excited for the season to start in a few months :yay:.

Looking forward to October 25th when my Hoo's take on Ga Tech in Atlanta...sorry, but that's one home loss for you....just kidding.....I have a feeling it's going to be a long year for UVA.....anyway, nothing but respect for Georgia Tech, I can't say the same for UGA and there fan's......Peach Bowl a few years back.....

Good Luck this season except when playing the Wahoo's and take care of Virginia Tech......Also Go Dores!!!!!!!

Looking forward to October 25th when my Hoo's take on Ga Tech in Atlanta...sorry, but that's one home loss for you....just kidding.....I have a feeling it's going to be a long year for UVA.....anyway, nothing but respect for Georgia Tech, I can't say the same for UGA and there fan's......Peach Bowl a few years back.....

Good Luck this season except when playing the Wahoo's and take care of Virginia Tech......Also Go Dores!!!!!!!

LOL. Some UGA fans are rude.

I don't know if you have been seeing this or if it just because I am a current student, but VATech and GATech have been becoming more and more like sister schools over the past few years ... yet I don't have any explicit examples of why I (and others I have talked to) feel this way.

Glad to see all you ATLANTANS talkin' trash. ;) I grew up in Atlanta, and was a Dawg fan growin' up. Now not so much. My son is now an AL fan, and his best friend is a TN fan, so that makes their friendship interesting during Football season. :rolleyes1 I grew up in Dunwoody, but lived in L'ville for 10 years before moving to AL. Hi Y'all! :wave2:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dawn, but you know this GA Peach had to chime in. :rolleyes1

I don't know if you have been seeing this or if it just because I am a current student, but VATech and GATech have been becoming more and more like sister schools over the past few years ... yet I don't have any explicit examples of why I (and others I have talked to) feel this way.

Yes, I have......I think the events of April 16th changed things around here....and I have family and friends who went to and currently go to Va Tech...we have fun with the games and root hard for our teams...at the end of the day it's all good.....I'm glad they are in the ACC....

Oh! back to Dawn and her trip to the World!!!!

C'mon Dawn, your TR is being hijacked and only you can set it straight again ... LOL ;)

Sorry for the temporary highjacking that involved college sports and the great state of georgia.

HEATHER......Ewwwwwwwww

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

pirate: pirate: GO DORES!!!! pirate: pirate:

YEAAAAA Tuna!! How are ya????

:lmao: I know, but the sad thing is I usually cheer for whoever everyone else is playing against!! I like to make em mad!!!!!

Sorry for the hijack Dawn!!!

Great start Dawn, I've subscribed to this thread!

I'm still new to DisBoards and hoping to go sometime in 2009 for the first time since I was a little kid (and don't remember much at all) with the wife. I've been reading trip reports to hear all the stories, see all the pictures of the resorts, food, rides, and everything else. But I didn't realize how fun reading other peoples' trips and seeing their pictures was until I began reading them.

I've read your other trip reports and tons of other peoples' too! Excited to see what happens on this trip, keep it coming! Hope all is well since your return from WDW.

YEAAAAAAA :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!

Yes...you need to just change your plans :rotfl:

Glenda will be there too!!!!! :thumbsup2

Heyyyyyy!!! Yes, we will have a good time. I cannot wait to read all of the TR's in Sept. I will do one on DLR, too!! :cheer2:

I still love ya'll!!:grouphug:

I am smack dab in the middle ... Midtown by Georgia Tech. I am a researcher/PhD student at Georgia Tech and like being able to walk to work.

So you live near Athens ... that's in Bulldog country. Any ties to UGA or Tech? I see your DH is wearing a Tennessee hat so I am assuming you probably aren't UGA fans.

yes, we live 20 miles from athens and let me tell ya......it's no fun when you're not a bulldog fan. oh, except when they lose!!! :laughing: i wouldn't call myself a tech fan but i definitely do cheer for them when they play UGA!!! and as erica told you, i'm a vandy girl. i grew up in the nashville area and was brought up in a vandy household and have held true to my upbringing. DH is a tennessee fan. go figure! :rolleyes:

i've shown this to tunajr. and erica, but i wanted to share it with you, too. in fall 2006 when vandy beat UGA at their homecoming football game, i was THRILLED, as you can imagine. a couple weeks later i decided to be a "winner" for halloween! :rotfl2:

Picture172.jpg

i really had nothing against UGA until i moved to georgia and red, black and white got SHOVED into my face. it's considered sacreligious around here not to be a bulldog fan, especially where i live! and i'm not saying all bulldog fans are this way, but most of them are TERRIBLE losers and EVEN WORSE winners!

Joining in on your trippie. :goodvibes

Sorry about your...ehmmm...noisy neighbors. Thats never a good thing :sad2:

thanks for joining in!!! :thumbsup2

I'm here! I am goin' back to read...:cool1:

Okay...great update! I am so happy Mattica and Beana were good. Thanks for bucklin' us in! We tend to "fly around" if not properly strapped in!

i took care of you guys the whole time! ;)

Can't wait to see all of your pictures!!

i can't wait to show you!

Yeah, hurry up and get us under that Disney World arch so we can get the 'hotel neighbors episode' out of our minds!!!

Tap on my computer when you're ready to start. Until then, I'm just going to keep my hands over my ears. :)

i'll be tapping soon hopefully. i'm gonna try to get another installment out before i dive back into work full force just so you guys get a disney fix!

Subscribing so I don't lose you amongst all the other posters. Can't wait to see and hear more.

thanks for joining us! :goodvibes

Hey Punkkiiiinnnnn gyrl!

I am ready to hear about another adventure!

Cas

hey, cas!!! glad you made it over here. i'm so excited for you and your upcoming trip......you guys are gonna have a blast! and definitely write about DLR! we plan on making it there one day!

Thanks for getting us buckled in :goodvibes I told MeMom he drove crazy!!!

no problemo.

Ewwww....but I'm glad it was ok....and sorry about the extra noise :headache: ....I sleep with a fan and that's one of the reasons I bring it even on trips....you ok sleeping with 'fan noise' in the background??

my sister used to sleep with a fan so no, that doesn't bother me at all!

I miss Joe's....we had one in Cool Spgs but it's closed now :sad2:

we have one about 30 minutes away but we hardly ever go there. don't know why.....we always end up at PF chang's!

Really??!!?? Matt was excited that the man was taking on a 12 pack on the first night!! :rotfl:

well, all that beer was his and i think he bought more on tuesday. so it lasted him a couple of days!

Oh! I'm crushed....now I have to wait longer for the disney part....it like now I only have 39 days before we checking in at SSR....it can't come soon enough...I looking forward to hear about what you guys thought of SSR the good and the bad......we're going back in October and staying at OKW for the first time....nothing like a ice cold miller lite on the balcony at WDW :woohoo: .......Life is good...:thumbsup2

well, i'll go ahead and tell you since you leave in 39 days and i KNOW i won't be to my final thoughts by then! SPOILERS AHEAD!!! SSR was beautiful. the service was good and it was very clean. the one complaint i have is with the buses. it seems like we waited LOTS of them. getting to the parks from SSR wasn't bad. that part was a breeze. but it seems like when we were waiting on buses at the parks to come back to SSR, it took FOREVER. we waited for almost 40 minutes at epcot! other than that, the resort was AWESOME. we were in congress park and it was a 10-minute walk to DTD. we loved that! oh, and the one other wierd thing - our maid came on wednesday and she left new towels and emptied the trash, but she didn't change the sheets. i found that kinda odd.

Great start Dawn, I've subscribed to this thread!

I'm still new to DisBoards and hoping to go sometime in 2009 for the first time since I was a little kid (and don't remember much at all) with the wife. I've been reading trip reports to hear all the stories, see all the pictures of the resorts, food, rides, and everything else. But I didn't realize how fun reading other peoples' trips and seeing their pictures was until I began reading them.

I've read your other trip reports and tons of other peoples' too! Excited to see what happens on this trip, keep it coming! Hope all is well since your return from WDW.

thanks for reading my TRs! you'll have so much fun as an adult at disney!!! you just have to know your stuff and know the "secrets" of the DIS and you'll have a blast.

LOL I just saw your the pic on the first page of your TR. Vandy and UT ... haha. U know I just changed my sig to add a little school spirit ... go jackets!!

Hi AlienBrain,

Good to see fellow ATLiens. We have a lot in common...Georgia Tech. My husband's alma mater...Class of 1998 (BSEE).

:banana:

Cas

I noticed that so I figured Dawn will like you b/c you are not a Dawgs fan :rotfl:

Now every time I see GT I'll just be thinking I'm glad I didn't go down for the SEC tourney this year like I usually do :cool1:

Congrats!! :worship:

Yes, we are ready for the season. Last year at the Tech vs. UGA game, we were cold and sad when we lost. :sad2: We had talked trash with my cousins (all UGA grads). They were calling us while we were still in the stadium.

Sorry, Punkin Gyrl, didn't mean to hijack your thread with this "Ramblin" talk.

I am ready for the next update!!!!

P.S.

Punkin, you know my trip with Glendamax is coming up in four weeks. I will do another food report and Glendamax will do a TR. I hate that I won't get to see you at WDW in September since we are going to Disneyland!! :confused3

I live in Dallas, so probably about 45 minutes from Carrollton. I actually worked out there for about 3 years.

HEATHER......Ewwwwwwwww

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

Glad to see all you ATLANTANS talkin' trash. ;) I grew up in Atlanta, and was a Dawg fan growin' up. Now not so much. My son is now an AL fan, and his best friend is a TN fan, so that makes their friendship interesting during Football season. :rolleyes1 I grew up in Dunwoody, but lived in L'ville for 10 years before moving to AL. Hi Y'all! :wave2:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dawn, but you know this GA Peach had to chime in. :rolleyes1

Yes, I have......I think the events of April 16th changed things around here....and I have family and friends who went to and currently go to Va Tech...we have fun with the games and root hard for our teams...at the end of the day it's all good.....I'm glad they are in the ACC....

Oh! back to Dawn and her trip to the World!!!!

C'mon Dawn, your TR is being hijacked and only you can set it straight again ... LOL ;)

Sorry for the temporary highjacking that involved college sports and the great state of georgia.

:lmao: I know, but the sad thing is I usually cheer for whoever everyone else is playing against!! I like to make em mad!!!!!

Sorry for the hijack Dawn!!!

you guys can hijack my thread any time!!! it's just more bumps for me. ;)

yes, we live 20 miles from athens and let me tell ya......it's no fun when you're not a bulldog fan. oh, except when they lose!!! :laughing: i wouldn't call myself a tech fan but i definitely do cheer for them when they play UGA!!! and as erica told you, i'm a vandy girl. i grew up in the nashville area and was brought up in a vandy household and have held true to my upbringing. DH is a tennessee fan. go figure! :rolleyes:

i've shown this to tunajr. and erica, but i wanted to share it with you, too. in fall 2006 when vandy beat UGA at their homecoming football game, i was THRILLED, as you can imagine. a couple weeks later i decided to be a "winner" for halloween! :rotfl2:

Picture172.jpg

i really had nothing against UGA until i moved to georgia and red, black and white got SHOVED into my face. it's considered sacreligious around here not to be a bulldog fan, especially where i live! and i'm not saying all bulldog fans are this way, but most of them are TERRIBLE losers and EVEN WORSE winners!

Dawn, that is such a cute picture!!!!

Hey! I'm doing great......I'm still in a little shock how Vandy's season ended in the first round of the tournament....:headache:......I know it's time to move on....

Anyway! is it true that my two favorite...:worship: Vandy women are going to WDW.... Life at Disney will never be the same.....

Have a great one.....now back to :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!