our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

I am subscribing. I found this yesterday and just read through your old TRs (enjoyed them a lot). Looking forward to hear how your trip went ....

Dawn,
You are quick! Glad you experience no waits on the drive down....ready for the WDW adventures to begin!

Sorry it took so long for me to get here.....

Love Flat mattica and beana......:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm sure they appreciated the fact that their posed picture on the bed was not close together....:rolleyes1

Just how much of the beer did you go through that first night? That might've helped you sleep better....I'm just saying....

Hearing those people next door definitely makes you want to walk around in a Hazmat suit....Glad you didn't sleep with the comforter.....nasty......

Can't wait to hear more.....

Welcome back!!!!!!

Bed music!! hehe OMG! Sorry, you didnt' get any sleep! What a pain!

Welcome home! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh.....the sign at Joe's......:rotfl2:

Celebration sounds cute.......I really want to check it out when we're back in Florida. I've heard quite a bit about it here on the DIS, too.

YUCK about your "neighbors!"

90 minutes for EE??? I didn't think that the week you were going was supposed to be overly busy??? :confused3

Great start and I can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

i know you guys are eager for the disney part to start! believe me...i would be too! all my pics are on DH's computer and i'm gonna start working on tranferring them tonight. without the pictures, the trip report can't start. i use my pictures to remind me of the order we did things! anyway, i should be starting on transferring the pictures tonight. i took about 300 every day! :eek: yes, you read that correctly. so this report will be FULL of them!

WOOHOO!!! SO happy to have you back Dawn..Loving the start of the report..EEw to the noisy neighbors..but YAY to being thisclose to the start of your WdW vacation! :goodvibes

i wish i could rewind a week and go back to being that close to the start of my vacation again!

Eww, nothing worse than "loud" neighbors when you want a good nights sleep!!

I am really excited you started your trip! My hubby is reading this with me and the first thing he said was, "Hey, they got some ML!!" The adult beverage caught his eye!:goodvibes

that sounds like someone ray would say! he loves his miller lite!

Sorry about the "noisy" neighbors. They weren't part of the high school group, were they? :rotfl2: Hopefully you rested better once you got to SSR. :)

nope. the high school kids were in the building next to us, not in our building. these people were on the opposite side. i think their headboard was up against ours on the other side of the wall......:scared:

Wow, I can't believe you're back already! :scared1: I'm so glad we still have a couple of days left here, I'm so not ready to go home yet.

Can't wait to read more about your trip...90 minutes wait for EE sounds scary, I'm glad we didn't see those huge lines yet! :thumbsup2

yep, we drove back on saturday. we took a full week - that's all we could afford to take off work! the crowds got better but sunday was awful.

Of course I should be commenting more on your actual trip but I had to chime in with a nod to Dane Cook. I love him!! :lovestruc

As for the always classy HoJo's...was the wall shaking from their unattached headboard banging against it? Eww!!! :laughing:

i love me some dane cook too! he's raunchy sometimes but he still cracks me up!

um.....the headboard wasn't the problem. it was more vocal. GROSS!!!

Welcome home!!! I appreciate the quick update and can't wait to read all about your trip!!!popcorn:: Hope you had an awesome time!:thumbsup2
Lesley

thanks, lesley! i hope to have another update up very soon!

Great start. Looking forward to the rest. Sorry about your gross neighbors :scared: . Can't wait to see how you liked SSR, do you have pics? We are thinking of possibly staying there instead of a moderate resort.

i have LOTS of SSR pics! i took a walk one morning and just went picture crazy. i rented points from a DVC member and it was cheaper than staying at a moderate resort....it's the way to go! the only thing is you have to find a DVC member you're comfortable dealing with and it's really hard to change the dates of your vacation after a certain point too. it's more of a gamble but it's worth it!

Hey Dawn,

I didn't post on your Pre-trippie but I read it! Honest! Off to a good start. Noisy neighbors = gross!

Celebration is actually a disney-owned community that anyone can live it - houses, apartments, etc. Really really cute - you should walk through it. It's way expensive though - but what isn't that's related to Disney? The CM's (i.e. the international and college program kids live in Vista Way, The Commons and Chatham Square - disney owned apartments off of 535 I think? Always forget the name of the road. Just an FYI :blush:

Can't wait to read more!

i knew celebration had something to do with disney, wasn't sure what. thanks for explaining! oh, and thanks for joining in!!

Dawn, I am jealous that you can drive to Disney in less than a day. Great start to your report. Don't you just love check in day? Now I know why I spend the extra $$ to stay onsite.:rotfl:

yes, check-in day is awesome! i love that we're so close too. it's a 7.5-hour drive. tedious, but totally worth it!

I'm here - can't wait - we're doing "just the two of us" in March! - thanks for the link! :cool1:
I just read your first installment! That's what I was going to ask, "high schoolers?" I hope not. Anyway, glad you are off to an early start! When I called DVC Member Services last week to book our trip, the CM said her office was in Celebration. We definately want to check it out when we're there!

nope, our neighbors weren't the high schoolers. i dont' know who they were and i'm glad i didn't see them because i probably would've told them how loud they were and that they needed to be more considerate of their neighbors. of course they probably didn't care anyway.

great update.

sorry for the noise, it wasn't the high schoolers? I thought they did boys in one room and girls in another unless I misunderstood what the noise was. :confused3
90 minutes. :eek:

nope, not the high schoolers, thank goodness! it was some people we didn't even see. and i'm glad we didn't!

Ok ewwww on your gross neighbor noises. I would so have called the desk and made them shut them up!

I wanna go to Joe's Crab Shack...but there aren't any near by! I see the commercials on tv...what a tease!

Yay for heading to WDW!

joe's is pretty good. a very relaxed atmosphere and decent food. they're supposed to have good crab legs but i've never had them.

I'm subscribing. I can think of 2 kinds of gross noisy neighbors. The barfing ones (probably not what you had), and as Spongy so romantically calls it, "bed music".:lmao:

thanks for stopping by! and it was definitely bed music....:rotfl2:

Yayyyyyy! You've started your trip report!!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :banana:

I shall wait quietly by the computer until your next chapter, sipping my cup of steaming cocoa like this little yellow man... :surfweb:

i'm sure you're much cuter than that little yellow man! ;)

:lmao: We had this problem when DH and I went to Colonial Williamsberg when we were dating, not us making the music our neighbors. They left the hotel before anyone woke up. Sorry that is kinda gross.

Anyway, I am too jealous that you can drive to WDW in one day. It took us 22 hours to drive straight through with two kids, 5 and 2.:eek: Anyway, so glad you're back and can't wait for pictures. Oh and the sign on the wall at
Joe's Crab Shack :lmao: too funny.

Laura:flower3:

22 hours in a car with toddlers.......:scared1: that's a little much for me! our trip is 7.5 hours - not too bad at all.

Great start - can't wait to hear about your trip! Eww on the hotel neighbors. :scared:

thanks! i promise to get to the disney part as soon as i can!

Great update. We too had some loud neighbours once, however they came in the middle of the night and left after about 3 hours. It was even a 4 star hotle so it wasn't one of "those" hotels either. :rolleyes: Looking forward to hearing more of your trip.

yeah, i was wondering if these people would leave in the middle of the night, too. but they didn't because that's what woke us up at 6:30!

Okay well a big ewwww for your first night, I bet things get a whole lot better one you get on WDW property though. :thumbsup2

you're absolutely correct!

"bed music" :rotfl2:

Last year I went on a cruise with my mom and we were relaxing in the room in the afternoon before getting ready for dinner. I was laying in bed when I heard some "bed music" from the room next to ours. I know I'm an adult but that was awkward!

yuck! :scared:

EEEWWWW:scared: Sorry you had less than Disneyfied neighbors. :rolleyes1 Glad you made it back, and can't wait to hear ALL about it. :surfweb: <- That's me waiting for the next update. ;) :rotfl2:

i promise to have an update as soon as humanly possible! i know you guys want the disney goods!

Thank you for making that long and really gross story short! :lmao:

I like Shannon's name for it...bed music. Very appropriate!

I always drive down 429 too. Why don't more people go that way? It's always deserted!?

You and Ray are so cute splitting your food. DH and I never like the same stuff.

I'd love to drive through Celebration! I need to have a look at it since that's where I'm going to live when I move to FL. ;)

OK...ready for more... popcorn::

429 has been deserted both times i've been that way - go figure! we tend to like some similar stuff and some stuff we don't agree on, but we compromise. like on that platter i think it had crab cakes, which we both ate, fried fish which i don't like so DH ate, and a stuffed shrimp scampi sorta thing which DH didn't like so i ate. it works for us!

Okay ladies, so where exactly is 429? Me and my hubby usually go down 75 (I think) to get to Orlando and then we hit the turnpike.

if you're going down the florida turnpike you'll see an exit for highway 429. i think it even says disney world. it's basically going west of orlando and so you're bypassing all that downtown orlando mess. you come into disney on the AK side.

I am subscribing. I found this yesterday and just read through your old TRs (enjoyed them a lot). Looking forward to hear how your trip went ....

thanks for joining in! and thanks for reading my old TRs. :thumbsup2 what part of atlanta are you from? i live near athens.

Dawn,
You are quick! Glad you experience no waits on the drive down....ready for the WDW adventures to begin!

i'm not quick......i'm just eager to relive my vacation! :laughing:

Sorry it took so long for me to get here.....

Love Flat mattica and beana......:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm sure they appreciated the fact that their posed picture on the bed was not close together....:rolleyes1

Just how much of the beer did you go through that first night? That might've helped you sleep better....I'm just saying....

Hearing those people next door definitely makes you want to walk around in a Hazmat suit....Glad you didn't sleep with the comforter.....nasty......

Can't wait to hear more.....

mattica and beana complained that first night but after awhile they were cuddling. :laughing:

that beer is for ray. i'm not a beer kinda girl. never have been. BELIEVE ME....I'VE TRIED. i just have never acquired the taste. anyway, i'm a lightweight now. since i lost 30 pounds last year i can't drink for anything! i used to be able to drink a pitcher of margaritas and be fine. now i'm loopy after 2! oh, and that beer was to last him for most of our vacation, not just one night!

hazmat suit.......soooooo true!

Welcome back!!!!!!

Bed music!! hehe OMG! Sorry, you didnt' get any sleep! What a pain!

tell me about it!!! :headache:

Welcome home! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh.....the sign at Joe's......:rotfl2:

Celebration sounds cute.......I really want to check it out when we're back in Florida. I've heard quite a bit about it here on the DIS, too.

YUCK about your "neighbors!"

90 minutes for EE??? I didn't think that the week you were going was supposed to be overly busy??? :confused3

Great start and I can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

i didn't think the crowds would be bad either! i think it was some spring break stragglers left over. and i loved that sign at joe's - had to take a pic! ;)

thanks for joining in! and thanks for reading my old TRs. :thumbsup2 what part of atlanta are you from? i live near athens.

I am smack dab in the middle ... Midtown by Georgia Tech. I am a researcher/PhD student at Georgia Tech and like being able to walk to work.

So you live near Athens ... that's in Bulldog country. Any ties to UGA or Tech? I see your DH is wearing a Tennessee hat so I am assuming you probably aren't UGA fans.

I'm here! I am goin' back to read...:cool1:

Okay...great update! I am so happy Mattica and Beana were good. Thanks for bucklin' us in! We tend to "fly around" if not properly strapped in!

Yeah, hurry up and get us under that Disney World arch so we can get the 'hotel neighbors episode' out of our minds!!!

Tap on my computer when you're ready to start. Until then, I'm just going to keep my hands over my ears. :)

Hey Punkkiiiinnnnn gyrl!

I am ready to hear about another adventure!

Cas

i made sure to buckle in mattica and beana. i drove most of the way, but ray did end up taking over in south georgia and he can be a crazy driver!

DSC03651.jpg

Thanks for getting us buckled in :goodvibes I told MeMom he drove crazy!!!

the hotel was okay. very old and dingy. i didn't want to walk on the floor without shoes and i definitely wasn't gonna sleep with the comforter on the bed! :scared: here's a picture of our room.....thrilling, huh?

Ewwww....but I'm glad it was ok....and sorry about the extra noise :headache: ....I sleep with a fan and that's one of the reasons I bring it even on trips....you ok sleeping with 'fan noise' in the background??

I miss Joe's....we had one in Cool Spgs but it's closed now :sad2:

notice the mickey D's bag? ray got an extra cheeseburger for a late-night snack. :rolleyes: and of course some pre-disney adult beverages! ;)

DSC03655.jpg

oh, and that beer was to last him for most of our vacation, not just one night!

Really??!!?? Matt was excited that the man was taking on a 12 pack on the first night!! :rotfl:

that's in Bulldog country. Any ties to UGA or Tech? I see your DH is wearing a Tennessee hat so I am assuming you probably aren't UGA fans.

:lmao: AlienBrain I'll let her tell you completely but you can go check out my TR because we have the same household rivalry :cheer2:
GO DORES!! pirate:
And CONGRATS on your upcoming DisneyMoon :tink:

:lmao: AlienBrain I'll let her tell you completely but you can go check out my TR because we have the same household rivalry :cheer2: GO DORES!! pirate:

LOL I just saw your the pic on the first page of your TR. Vandy and UT ... haha. U know I just changed my sig to add a little school spirit ... go jackets!!

I am smack dab in the middle ... Midtown by Georgia Tech. I am a researcher/PhD student at Georgia Tech and like being able to walk to work.

So you live near Athens ... that's in Bulldog country. Any ties to UGA or Tech? I see your DH is wearing a Tennessee hat so I am assuming you probably aren't UGA fans.

Hi AlienBrain,

Good to see fellow ATLiens. We have a lot in common...Georgia Tech. My husband's alma mater...Class of 1998 (BSEE).

:banana:

Cas

Hi AlienBrain,

Good to see fellow ATLiens. We have a lot in common...Georgia Tech. My husband's alma mater...Class of 1998 (BSEE).

:banana:

Cas

Nice ... I was class of 2006 BSNRE (Nuclear and Radiological Engineering) ... I am such a masochist that I decided to come back and get me PhD.

I hope you and your husband will be paying attention to Tech football this year with our new coach. I am excited for the season to start in a few months :yay:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter