Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now that my August trip is all booked, I have been playing with airfares for our Jan 2014 trip. Found a really good one RT from Seattle for $318 incl tax. So I booked it, doesn't get better then that. And good flight times. Coming down on United with an hour layover in Houston, & non stop return on Alaska. :goodvibes

No idea yet which resort I'll be staying at yet! POR, pofq, WL, AKL, BC, YC all possibilities :scratchin

Marie:hug:

sis:hug: and :furious:

JenAwesome pic!!!

KookSo CR in July :hyper:

Sheila WOOHOO Poly Poly Poly :beach:

Magic:goodvibes KKC for Mom, I like it!!!!!

WookiePIF:cool1:

:welcome:to all the new friends...sorry, I have limited DIS time these days

:grouphug: Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And................
Single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!
pop quiz...anyone know where I'm booked (no cheating kook and janet)......will I change....:rotfl2:

JenAwesome pic!!!

And................
pop quiz...anyone know where I'm booked (no cheating kook and janet)......will I change....:rotfl2:

Jeanette: Sooo close to your trip now! :cool1:You need a break I bet. I am crunching numbers feverishly to get an idea of how much a 3 night mini trip for DH and I would cost the last week of August. I told him yesterday what I was thinking and he just said go ahead and plan.:confused3 I don't think he believes in my plans anymore.....I have changed my mind too many times now. :rolleyes2

Hope you are not working yourself too hard.

Happy Monday all!!

Jen

And just where are you booked? I thought it was the Honeymoon room at WL? Is that no more??? Do tell!

JenAwesome pic!!!

And................

Jeanette Your trip is getting so close :banana:

Yep I pulled the trigger and booked our Trip for November at the Poly! I am beyond excited :cool1:

sis I'm just hoping it goes quickly. They tend to drag their feet, especially when they know they still have to payout. :furious: I am thinking you are still at WL? ;) Maybe you are going to have a GRAND weekend? :rolleyes1

I am going nuts for this new client I picked up over the weekend. It's two friends and their children. One friend is over the moon excited, very receptive to anything I say. Always responds to emails and questions. The other friend? I emailed her for their info on Friday...still waiting for her response. Who doesn't get excited to go to Disney?! :scared1:

We are 67 days out from our trip! :banana::banana: :cheer2::cheer2: I went to Target over the weekend and picked up another $400 in gift cards and only paid $375! Love that 5% discount!

Of course you'll change from CSR (if you didn't just now). I see GF in your future...

Twenty Poundaroonies is amazing, Jeanette. That's like a pound off for every change you've made to this trip:thumbsup2

Yes, Atrium Club in July, well, DH doesn't think I'll keep it. Just hours after booking yesterday I was second guessing my choice. Tried to book BLT or GV Poly/CL, but they weren't available with our discount, so on my list were CR with and w/o CL and both were available. I figured you can't go wrong with CL, but then I remembered how unimpressed I was with their CL back in 2010. Then DH asked how I could go to WDW without staying at WL. Why did he have to ask me that? So then I wondered, too how I could do that and wondered if I should book a VWL one bedroom. I've posted my query to the WL thread and hopefully someone will help me, but I think they'd all be enablers:rolleyes:

Thanks for checking in with us and I hope work and school are going well for you:hug:

Ok I need advice from y'all again. I thought our trip was paid off. It said so after I paid it on line, or so I thought. It still hasn't taken the money out of our bank and it now shows a balance. Should I call Disney and pay over the phone?

Jeanette: Sooo close to your trip now! :cool1:You need a break I bet. I am crunching numbers feverishly to get an idea of how much a 3 night mini trip for DH and I would cost the last week of August. I told him yesterday what I was thinking and he just said go ahead and plan.:confused3 I don't think he believes in my plans anymore.....I have changed my mind too many times

Hope you are not working yourself too hard.

And just where are you booked? I thought it was the Honeymoon room at WL? Is that no more??? Do tell!
I'm at CSR Business Class...again ;)

DH is the same way with me..I hope you can do August!!! You and DH need some alone time!

Yep I pulled the trigger and booked our Trip for November at the Poly! I am beyond excited
:dance3::cheer2::dance3:

sis I'm just hoping it goes quickly. They tend to drag their feet, especially when they know they still have to payout. :furious: I am thinking you are still at WL? Maybe you are going to have a GRAND weekend?

I am going nuts for this new client I picked up over the weekend. It's two friends and their children. One friend is over the moon excited, very receptive to anything I say. Always responds to emails and questions. The other friend? I emailed her for their info on Friday...still waiting for her response. Who doesn't get excited to go to Disney?!
I don't know how you do the TA thing sis...especially with people who are undecided :rolleyes1

Yay for67 days :cheer2: I DID look at the Grand..but we are going in August I can't do that to hubs :lmao:
Of course you'll change from CSR (if you didn't just now). I see GF in your future...

Twenty Poundaroonies is amazing, Jeanette. That's like a pound off for every change you've made to this trip:thumbsup2

Yes, Atrium Club in July, well, DH doesn't think I'll keep it. Just hours after booking yesterday I was second guessing my choice. Tried to book BLT or GV Poly/CL, but they weren't available with our discount, so on my list were CR with and w/o CL and both were available. I figured you can't go wrong with CL, but then I remembered how unimpressed I was with their CL back in 2010. Then DH asked how I could go to WDW without staying at WL. Why did he have to ask me that? So then I wondered, too how I could do that and wondered if I should book a VWL one bedroom. I've posted my query to the WL thread and hopefully someone will help me, but I think they'd all be enablers:rolleyes:

Thanks for checking in with us and I hope work and school are going well for you:hug:
Oh no!!! So CR vs. VWL..holding out possibly for Poly CL :rolleyes: or a BLT opening :goodvibes All good good good. The CR CL rooms will be refurb..or is it only 14th floor...I've been off the boards too long. School :sick: I go a 60 on a paper...NOT HAPPY..which gives me a 80 in one class 94 in the other. The mean grade for the class on the paper was 70...says something for the Professor...just sayin:duck:. Trying to be positive about it. Had a minibreakdown Friday afternoon..I was sooooo tired. Worked pretty much 50 hrs straight :sad2: No good. I was able to take off Saturday night at least :woohoo: Thinking of switching back to WL...but I'll probably save the $$ to pay off August :thumbsup2

The eating well is great, except I've been cheating a little..but I haven't gained...just haven't lost anymore. All good..I've needed my occasional snack :rolleyes:

Ok I need advice from y'all again. I thought our trip was paid off. It said so after I paid it on line, or so I thought. It still hasn't taken the money out of our bank and it now shows a balance. Should I call Disney and pay over the phone?
Hmmm, I'd check with the bank first.You don't wanna be double charged :eek:

I'm at CSR Business Class...again ;)

Thinking of switching back to WL...but I'll probably save the $$ to pay off August :thumbsup2

The eating well is great, except I've been cheating a little..but I haven't gained...just haven't lost anymore. All good..I've needed my occasional snack :rolleyes:

Back at CSR? Lol. We'll see if it sticks this time! :-) aren't you going soon?

AND an August trip? I think I missed some things...

I need to get back to working out so I an lose this weight. I still have like 40 lbs to go to get to where I'd like to be for our August trip...10 lbs a month...possible? Hmm...

Snow day today for both kids. Even daycare was closed today. 17" we got - officially!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

Hello lovelies! :goodvibes

I keep forgetting that I don't have some of you on Facebook. Hence my temporary absence will now be explained! On the afternoon of my last post -- where I was feeling pretty bad about kiddo's meltdown before school -- I got a call from our credit card company later that morning saying that the account was compromised and we'd have to get new cards. Thankfully, Visa caught it and no charges made it through to the account. The day got even more exciting when I thought it would be a good idea to taste the sidewalk on the way to pick the kiddo up from her after-school activity. :lmao: Let me just tell you, breaking a fall with your face gives you INSTANT Walking Dead-like make-up; although, I decided against going up to the front doors and scaring the living bejeebus out of the kids. :thumbsup2 Going tonight to get the stitches out of my chin (I managed to pierce through my lip into my chin with my tooth, but miraculously, no chipped / damaged teeth.) Kiddo joked about seeing my splat -- and bending down to kiss it -- on her way to school for the remainder of last week. :joker: Now every time those Life Alert commercials come on, hubs looks at me with a smirk. :rolleyes2

Anyway, that was my exciting bit of last week. Now it's Spring Break! :faint:

I've been collecting my Disney Gift Certificates from Target, too. ::yes:: 5% off is good stuff!

Still not decided on the APs yet because we've still not go word what will happen at hub's work with regard to furloughs, etc. :crazy2: Still booked at CR- Garden Wing.

Miss you ladies! :grouphug:

Back at CSR? Lol. We'll see if it sticks this time! :-) aren't you going soon?

AND an August trip? I think I missed some things...

I need to get back to working out so I an lose this weight. I still have like 40 lbs to go to get to where I'd like to be for our August trip...10 lbs a month...possible? Hmm...

Snow day today for both kids. Even daycare was closed today. 17" we got - officially!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!
Happy Spring Snowshowers....it's looking like our WDW trip might ch-ch-change to Portofino Bay....:upsidedowI am really trying to make hubs happy...he's giving me the Grand after all...I am thinking crowds...express pass..walking to parks...decisions decisions....

Miss E:hug:Here's to a better week :flower3:

I keep forgetting that I don't have some of you on Facebook. Hence my temporary absence will now be explained! On the afternoon of my last post -- where I was feeling pretty bad about kiddo's meltdown before school -- I got a call from our credit card company later that morning saying that the account was compromised and we'd have to get new cards. Thankfully, Visa caught it and no charges made it through to the account. The day got even more exciting when I thought it would be a good idea to taste the sidewalk on the way to pick the kiddo up from her after-school activity. :lmao: Let me just tell you, breaking a fall with your face gives you INSTANT Walking Dead-like make-up; although, I decided against going up to the front doors and scaring the living bejeebus out of the kids. :thumbsup2 Going tonight to get the stitches out of my chin (I managed to pierce through my lip into my chin with my tooth, but miraculously, no chipped / damaged teeth.) Kiddo joked about seeing my splat -- and bending down to kiss it -- on her way to school for the remainder of last week. :joker: Now every time those Life Alert commercials come on, hubs looks at me with a smirk. :rolleyes2

I've been collecting my Disney Gift Certificates from Target, too. ::yes:: 5% off is good stuff!

Still not decided on the APs yet because we've still not go word what will happen at hub's work with regard to furloughs, etc. :crazy2: Still booked at CR- Garden Wing.

Thank you for updating the Facebook-less. So sorry about your fall and compromised card. Seems we've probably all been through both, and neither is desirable. Was there ice? Glad you didn't hurt your typing fingers and are back in business:grouphug:

DH's furlough notice was also postponed 2 weeks so in honor of federal ineptitude, I booked a summer vacation yesterday, but, I already posted about all that so I won't rehash. I hope your DH gets some resolution soon, but if he's under DoD, it will be another 10 days or so.

Happy Spring Snowshowers....it's looking like our WDW trip might ch-ch-change to Portofino Bay....:upsidedowI am really trying to make hubs happy...he's giving me the Grand after all...I am thinking crowds...express pass..walking to parks...decisions decisions....

Miss E:hug:Here's to a better week :flower3:6006
Is this next week's trip that's changing?

Is this next week's trip that's changing?

::yes:: He had me check availability....of course PBH was the only available with a discount...and of course it was the same price as CSR BC :rolleyes2 But a happy hubby makes for a good summer trip :bitelip:

I'm glad you didn't have any damage to your teeth. That could have been a costly fix.

That's what I wanted to do, but the DH insisted I call Disney first. The lady I talked to said it showed a $0 balance, but that we hadn't had a payment since the initial $200 deposit, which she thought was odd. In My Disney Experience it still showed that we owed the full $2, 950.40. At least I think that's what she said. I'm not working on a ton of sleep, so I'm easily confused. Anyway, I gave her the cc info. I checked it as soon as I got off the phone, and it has finally been taken out of the account.

Another Disney question, and wondering if I'm being paranoid and just being OCD over picky. When I look at our ADRs in My Disney Experience, it has our old phone number listed. I never put that number into MDE. Every CM I've talked to, I've asked to remove that number and I thought they had all said they would. Well I checked my profile in MDE today and it had that number listed as a work number. Even if I had entered it, I would have put it as a home number, since it was a land-line home number and not a work number. Is there a way I can change that number, or do I have to call and yet again ask a CM to do it for me?

I may take a nap and go in early tomorrow. I finally fell asleep sometime between 4:37 and 5 AM. Then I was up at 7 to get kids ready for school. I couldn't take a nap today because I had to get the oil changed in the minivan and I was meeting a high school bestie for lunch in our hometown (about 45 minutes away). I think I'll lean back and pass out until I have to cook dinner.

Thanks ladies. :grouphug:

Pas: Is Portofino your favorite of the 3 there? I need to go check out that board. I'm sure there's a Pros and Cons post every other day comparing those hotels.

Kook: So, is there a change in the works already?! :stir: DoE for my hubs. They don't seem to know what's going on; there was supposed to be some word at the end of the month but nothing yet. (My hand was in a splint for the first day and a half until I got tired of it and ripped it off. :rolleyes1 Typing -- and moving the ol' digits -- were more therapeutic than the splint itself. I wish I could say there was ice; they asked me if I had been drinking. :laughing: I was going at slightly-less than a jog... so fast enough to do some damage. :lmao: )

Wookie: Is it just that it hasn't posted to Disney yet? Our September vacation from two years ago, I had called to pay off the remainder and it took about 4-5 days to show it posting to my credit card.

So DH got numbers for raise and bonus today...got me thinking and now I'm wondering if we should see about trying CR...? I know it'd be a splurge, but it's so convenient! (and cheaper than the Poly)

Uh oh...change in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter