Our Dining Review - Byte by Bite (*NEW Final Day 8 w/Pictures)

Love the reviews! Can't wait to hear what you thought of Le Cellier!

If you don't mind me asking... how much was the giant Mickey rice crispie?

Thank you for sharing your reviews and pictures. Both are great! The Kahlua cake picture brought back great memories and your Prime Time pictures have me rethinking my options! :thanks:

Dining reviews with pics are the best! Thanks so much for sharing yours. We're eating at some of the same places in August, so I'm happy to hear the great reviews. Now bring on the next installment! :cheer2:

Thanks for the pics, that really helps with our choices and i love to see others meals!!!

AussieAngel said:
Love the reviews! Can't wait to hear what you thought of Le Cellier!

If you don't mind me asking... how much was the giant Mickey rice crispie?

Hey Aussie, thanks for the feedback. The rice krispie we had was $9.99 but you can also get one without chocolate for a little less or another one with a chocolate impression of Mickey's face "glued" on top for a few dollars more. Ours was excellent and in my opinion worth the $!

Your reviews are fabulous and the pictures made me hungry!!

Glad you had a great trip....I'm looking forward to trying the DDP in September.

Thanks for taking the time to report!!! popcorn:: :yay: :cheer2:

Dustmouse said:
Day 4

teppanyaki.jpg

I was excited to be surprising my family with a noon ADR at Teppanyaki! My youngest son is a budding young chef and my oldest is currently interested in all things Japanese, so I knew this was going to be a winner.
Good for you!! They must've been so surprised! I love it when you get the great surprise face!

A few minutes before noon, most of the Teppan staff entered the lobby and conducted an opening ceremony, which really set the mood.
What do they do for the opening ceremony?

We were quickly called and seated with a delightful family from Nashville, TN. A lovely server brought us warm towels to wash our hands with and warned that the table surface was hot and should not be touched.
Is the only place to sit at the u shape Benny Hanna style type tables or are there regular tables or do they have typical Japanese seating (on the floor)?

The chef then appeared and introduced himself. Whenever he would miss a catch or something didn’t go just right he would say, “Boy, windy in here.”

:rotfl2: :lmao: Too Funny!! lol

We were all served and everyone loved their entrée. I thought the fresh veggies were excellent and the meat was cooked medium as requested.

Last question I promise!! :woohoo: lol Was the food dry? I heard this many of times and this is the one thing I worry about!

Great reviews! I have enjoyed all of them and the character that you put into the reviews!

Thanks for your help! :cheer2: :cheer2:

SassyLassy said:
I was excited to be surprising my family with a noon ADR at Teppanyaki! My youngest son is a budding young chef and my oldest is currently interested in all things Japanese, so I knew this was going to be a winner.
Good for you!! They must've been so surprised! I love it when you get the great surprise face!

It was great! It's tough to please all three of them at once, but I did it!

A few minutes before noon, most of the Teppan staff entered the lobby and conducted an opening ceremony, which really set the mood.
What do they do for the opening ceremony?

It wasn't a big deal, but we weren't expecting it so it was just one of those added bits of detail that Disney does so well. (Even though that restaurant isn't owned by Disney.) Basically, the servers and chefs entered the lobby and stood somewhat reverently, a short welcome was given, everyone bowed and the restaurant was opened. It just brought us out of theme park mode and into a new realm.

We were quickly called and seated with a delightful family from Nashville, TN. A lovely server brought us warm towels to wash our hands with and warned that the table surface was hot and should not be touched.
Is the only place to sit at the u shape Benny Hanna style type tables or are there regular tables or do they have typical Japanese seating (on the floor)?
I think the tables are your only choice. Good thing because they would have had to bring in a crane to get me off of the floor! :rotfl2:

We were all served and everyone loved their entrée. I thought the fresh veggies were excellent and the meat was cooked medium as requested.

Last question I promise!! lol Was the food dry? I heard this many of times and this is the one thing I worry about!
Not at all!!! The veggies were fresh and delicious and the meat was tender and juicy. We ordered our steak medium which was pink in the middle and perfect for our taste. ]

Hope that helps!

Great reviews! We're eating at some of the places you did next month and you've got us all hungry! :chewy: :darth: :yoda: :hmghost:

Great reviews. We're going to eat at Wcc, Teppankyi and 50's PT this trip also. They're going to be all new for us so good to hear you had good meals.

Eeeee! I love your reviews. Between the giant Mickey treat and that uber-candy-coated apple, I'm kicking myself for not having anything sweet here at work :furious:

Great reviews. I love the way you tell your stories, can't wait for the rest! Love all the pictures, you have a great looking family! :thumbsup2

Absolutely one of the best reviews I've read! Thank you so much for all of the little details and the fantastic pictures to accompany your report. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter