Our 1st FAMILY vacation... We survived! 6/20 - 6/27 at POFQ (pg 9) LAST DAY

Wow, T-Rex looks pretty cool but it kind of reminds me of a different version of Rainforest Cafe. Is that what you saw it like too?

That's too bad about the service. Some people just aren't meant to be CM's at WDW!

ok...following along...caught up! we are staying at POR in dec and I want to see your thoughts on the area (even though you are FQ). can't wait for more!

Great trip report so far! Sounds like a great time and can't wait to hear more!!:)

We loved it too! Steve and I are looking at a Fall '10 weekend trip for F&W and planning POFQ (king bed room).

Okay - I'm rambling... off to bed! g'night all!

Hey I am planning a Fall '10 trip -- my 40th bday is 10/10/10 :scared1: and I want to spend it in the world and it's during the F&W - my fave :)

I love all the pics you add to your report!! thanks

I am one frustrated bride right now! Wedding is 9/5... getting close!

I'd had an appt with a florist about a month ago. I show up, she's not there. The shop was open but the wedding arranger, not there. Her DD was sick, I understood. Rescheduled for - this Saturday. I JUST called to confirm. She's out of town until NEXT Friday. Again, unforseen - death in the family, but I'm trying to plan my wedding and every time I try to do this portion - they just aren't there. Were they ever going to call me and tell me not to come or was I going to waste another hour of my life.

There is another florist on my list, but I know her prices are more expensive. I called her and have an appt for this weekend. My F-MIL knows her actually so maybe she'll cut a deal, we'll see.

*sigh*

I am one frustrated bride right now! Wedding is 9/5... getting close!

I'd had an appt with a florist about a month ago. I show up, she's not there. The shop was open but the wedding arranger, not there. Her DD was sick, I understood. Rescheduled for - this Saturday. I JUST called to confirm. She's out of town until NEXT Friday. Again, unforseen - death in the family, but I'm trying to plan my wedding and every time I try to do this portion - they just aren't there. Were they ever going to call me and tell me not to come or was I going to waste another hour of my life.

There is another florist on my list, but I know her prices are more expensive. I called her and have an appt for this weekend. My F-MIL knows her actually so maybe she'll cut a deal, we'll see.

*sigh*

Aww, that stinks!!!:headache: Being a bride isn't easy...this is going to sounds crazy...but we had similiar issues with our wedding and guess where we actually ended up getting our flowers? The grocery store!!!! They aren't what you picture either, they were gorgeous and SO cheap!!! No one ever thinks to use them but they are fresh, do what you want and for all of my girls flowers, my bouquet, the guys flowers, alter flowers, it was under $400!! That was 9 years ago but still...worth checking out, once you get past the fact you getting them from there!! :laughing: Good luck getting what you need done...deep breath!! It will all come together I promise!!:hug:

AWWWW deep breaths... I planned my wedding in about 3 months, we used the florist his godmother (pushy woman) knows and I didn't have him there for support and just went with the flow - his parents were paying.. then after i thought about it I was upset that his godmother pushed stuff on me that i didn't want and that his parents were paying for so i took hubby in with me and we changed EVERYTHING - it ended up costing way less too.. this was my bouquet - beautiful circus roses and a few snapdragons!
DSCF4437.jpg

Hey I am planning a Fall '10 trip -- my 40th bday is 10/10/10 :scared1: and I want to spend it in the world and it's during the F&W - my fave :)

I love all the pics you add to your report!! thanks

I told him last night that I'd done some pre-lim looking and had a "maybe" plan in place. He said "Wow. I suprised it took you this long". LOL He knows me SO well!

You really got some neat towel animals. We got several last time we were there also. We stayed at POP Century. I can relate to your not so good evening. I have been known to have mood swings myself. I hate it when that happens at DW. Everything should be perfect all the time.

Thanks for the comment on my user name. My name is Shelly and there is a lady who lives by me and is like a second mom to me who LOVES magic shell. When I was signing up on the Dis boards I had just been with her and she was eating her magic shell. So, that was on my mind and I thought it fit.

AWWWW deep breaths... I planned my wedding in about 3 months, we used the florist his godmother (pushy woman) knows and I didn't have him there for support and just went with the flow - his parents were paying.. then after i thought about it I was upset that his godmother pushed stuff on me that i didn't want and that his parents were paying for so i took hubby in with me and we changed EVERYTHING - it ended up costing way less too.. this was my bouquet - beautiful circus roses and a few snapdragons!
DSCF4437.jpg

How did you know? Really- you didnt! Those are my colors!!! I can even show you my planning book if you don't believe me. Orange/Purple/light green

My girls are wearing Terra Cota b/c its the best orange I could find for the dress I liked. Well Cat is wearing Terra Cota and Em will have a white dress with Terra Cota sash :)

I love your bouquet! It's so pretty! Seriously, that's exactly what I want!

OMG reallly -- i went in with no real idea but said cinderella theme as i got these great brass/wire pumpkin centerpieces with orange/burgundy beads around the candle and of course Nov is still fallish so the florist said well how about these "circus roses" they are yellow with orange fringe outside and i said ok but if you can incorporate some snapdragons that would be AWESOME as they are my fave flower and she said ok will do .. i don't know what those little purple flowers are though

and oh they were just hand tied with a light orange ribbon

The night before brought midnight rains. It was really beautiful to sleep with the thunder and rain outside – I love that! We woke up to a soggy POFQ and the rain was still around. Forecasts weren’t that bad, so we were up and off to brave MK EMH. It was super early so the kids had muffins in the room and Steve and I stopped on our way to the bus for our coffee/coke.

Another bus ride with no stopping at POR, and we weren’t even full. I’d find myself willing the bus to turn left – turn left. LOL It was thrilling when it listened to me. We got to MK and through the turnstiles very easily. Everyone was lining up under the train station to the right, so we went left. There were only 2 other families on that side. I thought it was odd so I asked the CM “Can we wait here?” he said yes so we were right there, at the FRONT. This was a total 1st.

I thought it’d be fun to take some pictures of the empty Main St. I got my camera out and it wouldn’t come on. Hmmm. Steve was worried it’d gotten wet. I opened the little door and NOPE not wet, I just forgot to put the battery back in it after charging it last night – BRIGHT ONE! Luckily Catherine had her digi cam and let me use it – SO glad Santa gave that to her for Christmas. LOL

RainyMK.jpg

RainyMK3.jpg

rainyMK2.jpg

We got to see the characters head up to the train station for the Opening Ceremony.

RainyMK4.jpg

And the opening family get let through. The CM standing guard commented that someone must have made a mistake. The opening family had like 7 people in it. He said 5 is usually the max. Hmmm
We listen to the ceremony and are then quickly let into MK. We HAD to stop on Main Street for pics.

RainyMK5.jpg

But we had a mission. This morning was Fantasy Land! We headed straight to Dumbo and the family got in line. Hey, its not odd-man-out friendly, and I didn’t HAVE to ride it so I waited and took pictures. I started my wait time by parking the stroller down at Pooh. That was our destination. Then I chatted with the CM who was drying things off (it’d stopped raining) while I waited for the family to have their turn.

I then saw them loading and got up to take pics. I got this great one where you can see Steve & Emma right behind Catherine & Jack – everyone saw me and waved at least once – HI GUYS!

RainyMK6.jpg

From there we had to hit the next headliner and went straight to Peter Pan’s Flight. We visited with Peter and Wendy and watched them conquer Captain Hook. I still love this ride and think its funny they have Ariel in the lagoon with the other mermaids. I wonder if it was always like that?

Upon leaving Neverland, we crossed the way to Small World. They are doing some construction around Small World. The CM said they were changing up the front and queue area. Hmm Okay. At least the boards were something decent to look at. Small World was great. Catherine wanted to take a picture of every doll in every area, then would look at the camera to see how it came out and delete pictures…. You get the picture. I told her that she needed to enjoy the ride, take some pics, but not to let her camera consume her. Hey, learn from Mama, I know what I’m talking about.

After Small World we headed to MY FAVORITE – Phillarmagic! LOVE IT! It was so funny. I honestly watched the kids the entire time, didn’t watch the movie. Jack and Emma were honestly out of their seats. I was afraid they’d touch the people in front of them – it was SO funny.

When we left Phillarmagic the carousel was waiting for us. It is a carousel, it goes round and round… I don’t like going round and round. I got a few pics before it started, but once it started I just look at the pole and grin & bear it. Ick.

RainyMK10.jpg

RainyMK7.jpg

RainyMK8.jpg

Happy to be off the carousel we head down to Pooh. Catherine REALLY wanted to do Snow White, but I’m sorry – it’s scary and we weren’t splitting up today – not happening. Pooh – I really don’t get this ride – I’m sorry, I just don’t. If you get a chance to read some of the oversized pages, you can get an idea of the story, but you just don’t have time to read it. The bouncing with Tigger is fun, other then that – I’m lost on this ride. But the kids loved it :confused3

I was very happy to realize that it was about 10:15 and we had 1 more thing to do – TeaCups. Did I mention earlier that I hate to go round and round? Well I do, I never had a problem until I had Catherine – having a baby changes EVERYTHING. I can still do coasters, but not round and round. Thankfully, Steve enjoys them and took the kids on teacups.

RainyMK9.jpg

Alice was greeting guests outside her teaparty and the kids were excited to get to see her
RainyMK11.jpg

Alice was off to find a white rabbit and we were off to POFQ, it was time to go. We were all getting hot. We stopped along Main Street to shop before heading back to the resort.

Great morning at MK!! Love that you ventured out and did it anyways in the rain!! And then it stopped! YAY!!:thumbsup2 I'm with you, LOVE sleeping during a rain/thunderstorm, it's the best!!!!

You got some great pics that morning! And I can't agree more....having a baby changes EVERYTHING! That is an understatement!!:laughing: But you're so right, I can't spin anymore either!!! ICK!!!:sick:

Looking forward to the next installment....:surfweb:

Sounds like you had a great early day at MK. I love getting to the parks early, you get so much done!!! Also wanted to say that you children are so cute! Can't wait to read more of your trip report.:surfweb:

Melissa

I remember hearing the rain that night. It was a doozy!! I even got up and looked out the window because the thunder and lightning was so bad. It was coming down in sheets!!! :scared1: Once I realized we weren't having a tornado, I agree with you...it was nice to sleep to.

I asked and it was Kendall, Tracey and Cody in line for Kali.

Wow looks like it turns out to be a bright and sunny day! :goodvibes

Great morning at MK!! Love that you ventured out and did it anyways in the rain!! And then it stopped! YAY!!:thumbsup2 I'm with you, LOVE sleeping during a rain/thunderstorm, it's the best!!!!

You got some great pics that morning! And I can't agree more....having a baby changes EVERYTHING! That is an understatement!!:laughing: But you're so right, I can't spin anymore either!!! ICK!!!:sick:

Looking forward to the next installment....:surfweb:

It was a great morning, not even too hot either. I'm working on 2 installments right now... so SOON! I am so glad you are enjoying it!!

Sounds like you had a great early day at MK. I love getting to the parks early, you get so much done!!! Also wanted to say that you children are so cute! Can't wait to read more of your trip report.:surfweb:

Melissa

I am all about rope drop and EMH. Steve didn't agree at 1st but after just 1 day, totally saw the need for it.

:) Thank you for the compliment on my kids. Its funny because they are all pretty much images of a parent. Catherine is a mini-me. Jack is a mini-Steve and Emma has a lot of her mother's looks. But whatever they are... cute is a for sure!

I remember hearing the rain that night. It was a doozy!! I even got up and looked out the window because the thunder and lightning was so bad. It was coming down in sheets!!! :scared1: Once I realized we weren't having a tornado, I agree with you...it was nice to sleep to.

I asked and it was Kendall, Tracey and Cody in line for Kali.

I love a good Florida storm. We've had TONS of them this week out here - our lawn looks good though. It makes it hard to get out of bed.

Wow looks like it turns out to be a bright and sunny day! :goodvibes

It did, we got VERY lucky!

Wow! You got a lot done really quickly!!!!!

That's the best thing about EMH, that's why we decided to hit Fantasy Land that day, using our time wisely

What a great photo of the kids and Alice.:thumbsup2

Aww thanks! They had great interaction with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter