Our 1st FAMILY vacation... We survived! 6/20 - 6/27 at POFQ (pg 9) LAST DAY

*prenote* while i'm typing this I have the MVMCP CD on - Oh I love it!!!!

Earlier in the week, we’d started talking about Saturday, and what to do. Friday we asked each kid what their favorite thing was, and if they could do something else what would it be. 2 said Epcot, 1 said MK. Steve was the decision maker and his 2 choices were AK or EPCOT. Friday night we’d talked before going to bed and decided we’d do Epcot. We wanted the kids to do Kim Possible.

Epcot was opening at 9am so we had some time in the morning to get going. We got up, dressed and ready and called for bell service to come get the bags. They were very quick to come pick them up and we were off to breakfast in no time. After eating our last breakfast and using the last of our CS credits we stopped by the front desk JUST to make sure we were all good. Hey, I get nervous. All good we head to the bus.

Deep breath.. just TALKING about this gives me anxiety. We go to wait for the bus and there are TONS of people there, TONS of buses there, it was an absolute insane scene. After a bit a CM tells us “that is your Epcot bus”. Umm OK it was a Dynamic Transport bus, but it had a Disney Transport logo printed in the window. We stow the stroller and get on, taking a seat in the 3rd row.

There was a family with 2 boys in the 1st row. We just sit there b/c of all the buses, he could not get out I guess. We finally pull away and on our way to do the POR loop we see like 10 Disney Transport busses parked in that large lot between POR and POFQ. Hmm?

Riding in the bus we are listening to some talk radio station and all they are talking about is Michael Jackson. I think I heard the word molester 3 times. I turned to Steve “ I do NOT want to listen to news right now”. As we approach POR I see even MORE chaos. There were probably 8 buses at the main depot. We waited a ways back for awhile and then when traffic cleared pulled up and opened the door and waited, and waited and waited. Nobody was coming, lets go!

At this point, the talk ended on the radio and music began. Lets just say, it was NOT Disney music. It was highly offensive music. Before he pulled away from the depot, I walked to the front and asked the driver to please change the radio to something more child appropriate! I mean, I have 3 kids 8 and under. My big kids actually listen to music and ask what lyrics mean ALL the time. The little one, repeats everything she hears. Bad enough she sings, …beer is good people are crazy. Groan. At my request to CHANGE the station, he just turned it off. Whatever, just get me OFF THIS BUS!

We then proceeded to make the POR loop. Thankfully I think he was the only bus of the 8 to do so as we were quickly through the loop and on our way to Epcot. I could not get off that bus faster once we got to Epcot. Once arriving I told Steve to just head towards the front while I jogged ahead and stopped in the bathroom outside the gates. I had to take a moment to compose myself and adjust my attitude. This was our last day, our last park and I wasn’t going to let the horrible bus ride ruin our day. Some water on my face and a sip from my bottle of water… and I was good to go!

After that episode, re-reading it takes me back, we need a dance break
:banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance3::dance3::dance3:

By the time we made it through the turnstiles, Epcot had been open for 5 – 10 minutes. We split up for a quick bit. I went to get Soarin FPs while Steve went to get the kids recruited for Kim Possible AND got in line for Character Spot.

Rounding the corner towards The Land, I stopped in my tracks. The sign read: Soarin’ 55 min stand-by, all FPs Distributed. But I watched and ALL the rides said “all FPs distributed”. I could not believe it, not 5 min after opening! My attitude had been adjusted, I was due something good to happen! I took the gamble and went down into the LAND to see for myself.

Thankfully, the signs were malfunctioning and… I got 5 FPs for 11:30ish. :yay:

Thank goodness! As I went to meet Steve at Character Spot I saw people staring in amazement at the sign. I told them, no worries, it’s wrong.
I met Steve and the kids and they were just about to have their turn. Good timing! We were bummed that chip & Dale weren’t in there as we really wanted to see them, but that’s okay, we still enjoyed it.

DSC03683.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03694.jpg

It was only about 9:30 and our Kim Possible time was not until 11:00 so we headed towards Mission:Space. We wanted to do Test Track again, but just didn’t want to wait and we knew Mission: Space green side would not be bad.
While the kids and Steve did Mission:Space, Emma and I played in the hamster cage.
DSC03696.jpg

it was not long before they were done. And we headed towards World Showcase. After stopping for Test Track FPs, we still had time to kill so we stopped and enjoyed the garbage can band. Enjoyment had, we made our way to the Kim Possible stand in the International Gateway. Along the way Steve enjoyed the empty countries and took some good UK pics. He’s kind of gotten obsessed with Epcot. Our adult only vacation will mainly consist of Epcot and AK I think – fine by me!

Along the way, my now photos of empty countries obsessed honey took some pics
DSC03700.jpg

He took more, but this was my favorite

We got there with still time to spare so we just sat and relaxed. When it was finally time we checked in and were given our instructions. Once the World Showcase rope dropped we headed to our 1st mission in France. Now, this was very fun, but I have to say… My soon to be husband does NOT stop to think before he leads the kids off in a direction. At one point, he even took them off RUNNING, down an incline. No, I am not the fun police, but Emma had JUST started healing from band-aid knees and it was all fun and good, but if she fell and hurt herself, NOBODY would be having anymore fun – trust me. So she and I sat (not to her liking at all) while the kids (Steve included) figured out where they were going. After that, for the end of the mission I took over the cell phone. I made the kids think about the next move and THEN we’d make it.

France saved.. YAY we decided on a 2nd mission and chose our favorite country – Japan.
DSC03704.jpg

I love this pic of Japan. I think we might frame it for our bathroom
DSC03704_edited-2.jpg

I know.. I'm a dork.

Once in Japan we worked very hard to save Japan from the BiBis (No photo included so I don't give anything away) then took some time to enjoy Japan again. After this mission we were hot and tired and ready to start heading back, so we declined further missions and headed back towards Future World.
In France we stopped for Icecream and just absorbed the environment. Emma was getting hot and tired and starting to be grumpy.

Along the way
DSC03710_edited-1-1.jpg

DSC03711_edited-1.jpg

Once in Future World, Steve offered to stay with her while we did Soarin. Luckily, her attitude turned around and she got to go with us. Nothing like a little A/C. While in line we decided that we’d not ask for front, we’d take whatever we got, and… we got front row, center! YAY!

Have I mentioned this is my FAVORITE ride? It was the 3rd time we’d riden it and we loved it. Soarin’ ridden we headed towards Test Track. As we approached, we saw the LINE… LINE… LONG LINE!

The Fast Pass return line was out the building, about 20 people PAST the end of the rope, LONG! I asked the CM what she estimated it was, and she figured it was a 30+ minute wait, In the FAST PASS line. I approached a family walking up to the FP machines and offered them our FPs, they were very greatful, and we were on our way!

It was about 1pm by now and we still had lots to do before meeting my parents at their hotel. We took the bus, a DISNEY bus, back to POFQ. The kids and I went and got some snacks from the foodcourt to use all our credits while Steve got the luggage loaded up. I gave my mom a call and they were waiting at the hotel. They were checked in but didn’t have a room. But they were waiting on the hotel patio for us to arrive. Once on the way we stopped at McDs for lunch and headed to their hotel. We sat and ate with them on the patio. It was very good to see my mommy again! I miss her!!!

This was it… the end of our vacation. :sad1: I kissed and hugged Catherine, told her how much Mommy loved her :hug:, and off we went. It took us just under 2 hrs to get home. I had beyond crazy laundry to do, but hey, I had Sunday to get it done. I can’t believe its over… a perfect vacation.. it really was.

Stay tuned! I have a nifty wrap-up and a bunch of Photopass Pics for ya!

"Along the way Steve enjoyed the empty countries and took some good UK pics. He’s kind of gotten obsessed with Epcot. Our adult only vacation will mainly consist of Epcot and AK I think – fine by me!"
Adults after my own heart.. My past Solo trips have consisted of just that Epcot & Ak.. LOVE those 2 parks not that i don't LOVE the MK too and Studios are Ok but we all have our own faves..
Can't wait to see the Photopass pics.. Thanks for Sharing

Love this update and your writing cracks me up!! Love you took a dance break in the middle and kep ton going....too funny!!:lmao: I can't believe that's the end of it.....can't wait to hear more and looking forward to your wedding plans.....you're on countdown girlie!!!!:thumbsup2

Love this update and your writing cracks me up!! Love you took a dance break in the middle and kep ton going....too funny!!:lmao: I can't believe that's the end of it.....can't wait to hear more and looking forward to your wedding plans.....you're on countdown girlie!!!!:thumbsup2

That last morning was horrible!!!! I was about to go crazy there, I tell ya. But the rest of the day was wonderful and it was a great way to end the trip. :sad1: END = Over

22 Days!! We got our marriage liceanse today :cool1:

"Along the way Steve enjoyed the empty countries and took some good UK pics. He’s kind of gotten obsessed with Epcot. Our adult only vacation will mainly consist of Epcot and AK I think – fine by me!"
Adults after my own heart.. My past Solo trips have consisted of just that Epcot & Ak.. LOVE those 2 parks not that i don't LOVE the MK too and Studios are Ok but we all have our own faves..
Can't wait to see the Photopass pics.. Thanks for Sharing

We can't wait. I think it'll be Oct 10 that we do it. F&W Fest:thumbsup2

I'm with you. I love MK and HS. Its great to visit and MK is a classic with SO many memories, but as adults, we really want to quietly spend time in and enjoy Epcot and AK. AK with the kids we rushed from one thing to another, Steve really wants to go back and be able to take it all in. And Epcot.. well hello - Drinks around the world!

Love your pics and TR. The kids are precious.

Thank you so much! :) Stay tuned, I have my PhotoPass pics to share!

Oh my gosh, good luck with the dress situation!

Update on the dress: That friday it rained and we had a rain-out of Cheer Practice - YAY! SO Catherine and I jumped on the road and headed up to Tampa. I swear my car was going to take flight off the bridge it was so windy! But we made it to Davids and they had one style in one color that would be in on time.
f09_jb2815_2_psd.jpg

(Care of Davids Bridal)
Now, my color WAS terra cota, but since it'd been discontinued... this was oru choice. I don't love that its short, but no choice. I had to exchange Emma's TerraCota sash for this color as well.

So Emma is in a white Flower Girl dress with Palm Beach Coral sash. Catherine is in a Palm Beach Coral dress, and I got her a white sash. too cutsie? I hope not.

Problem solved, and I think I'm better with it. I like this color better, it's brighter. And when I called the lady making the customer flip flops for the girls, she has coral crystals she'll add to their white flip flops for me :banana:
SO - it all works out!

OMG my B-day is Oct 10th .. Enjoy the F&W Festival if you go that day for me, it's my FAVE FAVE FAVE event that Disney does!!!!
The dress is cute and it will be even more so with the white/coral and coral/white you have going between the two girls..

I can't get over how horrible that bus situation was? Where were all the Disney buses? I'm like you are about the music. That would have bothered me!! My kids don't listen to that and we definately don't need to start listening to it at Disney.:scared1: Did you ever hear what the problem was?

Love the new dress, it's very cute and will look great on the girls!!! Glad it all worked out!!!:goodvibes Woohoo 22 days!!! And yay for getting your marriage license!!

To sum it up: this was a perfect vacation. We had a few not perfect moments, but overall the vacation was perfect! Even today, the kids were talking about things from the trip and just what an amazing time it was.

Doing AM EMH or even rope drop was the only way to beat the 100+ heat. I had NO idea Emma would react how she did to the heat. She really wilted much too quickly, but now we know. She should have been raised in Alaska not Florida! LOL

I had every intention of using my iPhone to tour. I was going to check menus, wait times, post wait times etc.

Yeah, after the 1st day, the phone went into the safe and stayed there unless we needed to check voicemail.

If you noticed, I tried to (as much as possible) to coordinate the girls’ outfits. There is no way in HECK Catherine would ever let me match them, but she let me at least color coordinate them. I love having 2 little girls, 1 is just growing up too quickly.

The kids actually got along. Like really got along! The last night as we were getting ready to leave for Epcot, I even asked them “ya’ll are getting along, huh?” they looked at eachother and laughed. I asked them to try to bring that home with them…. So far, they are doing really great. As I type this they are in playing nicely.

Steve fell in LOVE with Disney, he really did! He cannot wait to go as adults with no kids. I’m starting to get ideas for next Fall. We’re going to go for a long weekend during Food&Wine. I think we’ll stay at POFQ again, this time with a KING room.

The beds at POFQ, not really big enough for us. Steve is 6’1’’ and is a broad guy. We spent the 1st two nights in the same bed, but after that… we each got our own bed. It began by napping in separate beds, and kind of evolved into sleeping in separate beds. But ya know… they were long hot days and we just needed good sleep.

Having 2 rooms was a must! We needed 2 bathrooms more then once. We were able to get them all washed at the same time. And I had to use the kids potty a few times. LOL

It will probably be 3- 4 years before we can afford another week at Disney, but hopefully we can do a few weekend or day trips between now and then. Right now I'm hoping and dreaming for MNSSHP this Oct. We'll see.

Next post: My photopass pics! Tons of great ones!!!

Monday 6/22 Magic Kingdom
Image343.jpg

Image345.jpg

Image348.jpg

I love this one of the girls
Image350.jpg

Visiting the Fairies
Image365.jpg

Tuesday June 23rd Magic Kingdom
Image485.jpg

Hollywood Studios
Image528.jpg

Image532.jpg

Wednesday June 24th Animal Kingdom
Image545.jpg

Image551.jpg

Thursday June 25th Hollywood Studios
Image584.jpg

Friday June 26th Magic Kingdom
Image605.jpg

Image611.jpg

I LOVE LOVE this picture, I'll be doing in B&W and framing it
Image613.jpg

Image617.jpg

Image620.jpg

Friday June 26th Epcot
Image637.jpg

Image641.jpg

Image643.jpg

Image644.jpg

That was it, the highlights of our Photopass pics. Its so sad that its over :sad1:

Thnk you for following and thank you for all of your wonderful comments!:cloud9:

Oh no....I can't believe it's over!!!!! :sad2:What a great ending and GREAT, GREAT, GREAT photopass pics!! You really got some nice ones.....LOVE that one of the the kids backs to the camera in front of the camera!!!!! How special is that?!!!:lovestruc

You guys really sounded like you had a wonderful vacation, love that the kids all got along so well (and still are, knock on wood....lol!) and that you created new family memories that will last a lifetime!!!!:cloud9:

Thanks for sharing your trip with me!! I really enjoyed the ride! I hope that you will keep us posted with you wedding details and pics, too!! I wish you and your family nothing but the best!!!:hug:

If you need a fix...I"m on countdown 21 more days!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter