Our 1st FAMILY vacation... We survived! 6/20 - 6/27 at POFQ (pg 9) LAST DAY

:) Kids to bed - Emma is doing really well sleeping without Catherine. They share a room and if Cat goes off on a sleep over, she does not usually do well, but she's on night 6 and doing great - very proud of her!

Potty stop at Oasis (does anyone know this place is there, its always SO empty – not complaining) and we were RIGHT on time for our ADR. It was for 9:55 and we got there at 9:49. Yikes, too close for my liking.

DSC03299.jpg

I have to say something about ADRs and these character meals. They either need to explain the process better, or people need better patience. There were MANY families getting in line for pic with Belle before even being called. On our way out there was a father standing there being very rude to the CMs who told him he could not stand there yet. He was complaining that it was just all for his daughter etc. While she sat on the bench in the foyer, happy as a clam. *sigh*

I digress. After checking in we stood and waited, and waited
DSC03301.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

and waited. It felt like 20 min, but I’m sure it was only 10. We’d found a shady spot and there were decent breezes to assist us. However…. We noticed Emma was being very grumpy. She was clinging to Steve’s leg and pushing on him, hitting him (not hard just like grumpy hits), she was grunting, pulled her pig-tails out (groan)…. Hmmm… we’re thinking “Maybe we should have done Disney in December”. Just did not realize HOW much she’d be affected by the heat – I mean – We LIVE here!

Finally we are called and get in line for Belle – we had a great time meeting Belle and got to take TWO pics! One with the kids, and one with us parents – that made me very happy!!!

DSC03306.jpg

We were seated in a very nice spot, right under a window. I like being out of the way a bit and not in the middle of everything. Once the CM explained it to us, we were up and at the buffet. I’ve never been here when it was buffet. I’ve always JUST had family style. The buffet was good, but I prefer Family Style.

DSC03316.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03320.jpg

DSC03323_edited-1.jpg

Steve had gotten very good at understanding the plan. He divided things between our 2 plans and kept track of it all. I am SO glad he did this, because I was still VERY confused by it all, and splitting 1 family between 2 plans made it that much harder for me. After we finished we paid the bill and were on our way to WS.

YaY!!! I got mentioned. I feel so special. :lovestruc It was so funny when we were at the bus stop. We had just walked up and I saw that PINK stroller. I knew immediately.....It Was DEE!!!! My kids thought I was crazy when I told them, "Hey, I know that lady." :rotfl2: I'm so glad we got a chance.....or actually quite a few chances.....to meet. You were so easy to talk to and really felt like someone I had know forever. :)

Glad to hear you got the gift card. I kept watching you in line as we were moving. It didn't look like your line was moving none too fast. :sad2:

We headed to Test Track first that morning. It's Cody's favorite ride and he HAS to do it first. This year Tracey and Cody rode Mission Space on the orange side. They both said it was BAD!!!! I don't even do the green side......slight fear of closed in spaces!!! :scared1:

Thanks for the pics from breakfast. The newbie family accompanying us is going to take this in and I think their girls will love it. I'll have to remember to tell them to WAIT to be called ;)

:rotfl:Camera fog:rotfl:Happens to us every time. Maybe the new camera won't do that!:thumbsup2

YaY!!! I got mentioned. I feel so special. :lovestruc It was so funny when we were at the bus stop. We had just walked up and I saw that PINK stroller. I knew immediately.....It Was DEE!!!! My kids thought I was crazy when I told them, "Hey, I know that lady." :rotfl2: I'm so glad we got a chance.....or actually quite a few chances.....to meet. You were so easy to talk to and really felt like someone I had know forever. :)

Glad to hear you got the gift card. I kept watching you in line as we were moving. It didn't look like your line was moving none too fast. :sad2:

We headed to Test Track first that morning. It's Cody's favorite ride and he HAS to do it first. This year Tracey and Cody rode Mission Space on the orange side. They both said it was BAD!!!! I don't even do the green side......slight fear of closed in spaces!!! :scared1:

Of course you got a mention! :) It was a fun morning - the rush of the 1st day.

Thanks for the pics from breakfast. The newbie family accompanying us is going to take this in and I think their girls will love it. I'll have to remember to tell them to WAIT to be called ;)

:rotfl:Camera fog:rotfl:Happens to us every time. Maybe the new camera won't do that!:thumbsup2

I am sure they will LOVE it. I've done CRT (dinner only) and this place (3rd time for breakfast) and I LOVE it!!!

Hey! I'm here! that's too bad we never ran into each other. But, I'll be looking for us in your pics and you do the same with mine!

After breakfast we were forced to leave the nice air conditioner and had back into the HOTNESS that was Epcot. We wanted to hit WS, but we had FPs for Test Track burning holes in our pocket. So we hop in a not-so-short Fast Pass return line. Really – its this long. It looked like about a 10 min wait, BUT half way through that wait it was announced that there were technical difficulties on the track and it would be a few more minutes. So what to do---take pictures

DSC03328_edited-1.jpg

DSC03329_edited-1.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

Finally let in and it was again, a GREAT time. Catherine LOVES this ride, we’ve done it 4 times in one day before. But anyway, this ride was great, we giggled and squelled and it was so fun! All parties enjoyed it! Upon entering the dump shop of all dump shops, Steve & Jack headed for the Camero while the girls and I were a little more practical and headed for the Saturn Outlook. Kind of funny name as the outlook of Saturn's future is uncertain. But this was a great car. Steve finally wandered over and asked the lady TONS of questions. We have 3 kids and a CR-V. They are so squished. I watch my 17mos old goddaughter about once a week.... when we have her, we have to take 2 cars AND my best friend.. due in 45 days. YUP. I've already informed her that her babysitter needs a new car, and I'd accept any 7 seater she'd buy for me LOL. I can dream! But I liked the Outlook, a lot. Steve is a Toyota man.... and we can't afford a new car right now anyway.. but its good to look and get ideas.

After Test Track it was back around Oasis and into World Showcase. Steve and I had something to buy -> Margaritas! YUMM We LOVE Mexico! While Steve was getting our nice frozen beverages, I had to play a bit
DSC03333.jpg

Next stop – China. I was hoping we’d time it to see the acrobats, although I cannot imagine them doing their stuff in that heat. Poor kids. Instead we got to see Mulan. Jack was the only one who wanted to see Mulan, the girls.. a bit crabby – I’ll blame the heat!
DSC03337.jpg

I have a picture of Catherine in front of the China pavilion from EVERY trip to Epcot. Its allowed me to watch her grow and it makes me sad how big she’s getting.
DSC03334.jpg

After this we toured the pavilion, it was just beautiful! We wandered to the shopping area and scanned the restaurant. I don’t love Chinese food, Steve does, but there are a few things I’ll eat.

DSC03343.jpg

DSC03345.jpg

This was the 1st KidCot we did, and the kids really enjoyed it. Jack studies Kung Fu so of course he got excited to see his name in Chinese and insisted we take it to SiFu (I’m sure I did that wrong) to show him.
Pics of our WS wandering:
DSC03346.jpg

Germany: in the shop here - its to the Left looking at the fountain, there is a $37,500 diamond & silver Cinderella's Castle. UNREAL! Steve was scared to even breath near it.
DSC03347.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

Italy: It was pretty empty! VERY nice day!

From China we work our way around WS. It was hot and we didn’t spend nearly as much time as we’d have liked. We enjoyed Germany, kids loved the train set. Italy was beautiful! Steve has an aunt who travels to Italy once a year and brings him back a special chocolate. We found it in the shop and bought it. With the heat, we had to eat it right away! It was very good!
Next stop was Japan. Japan has a special place with our family. Growing up a Marine brat, Steve had the blessing to spend 3 of his later elementary years in Japan while his father was stationed there. He got to learn a lot about the area, the culture etc. He loves Japan and has said if we could live there, he’d do it in a second.

So 1st stop was to take a few pictures for Steve
DSC03353_edited-1.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

Next Steve wanted to shop for a special cola. It was a cola bottle with a marble in it. He was on a mission. We walked into the shop and wandered a bit. We visited the Pick-a-Pearl, and the kids of course wanted to do it, but understood when we said “not this trip”.

Steve found a CM from a town he visisted often in Japan (the town name fails me now). That CM knew exactly what he was talking about and directed us to where to find it. Off we headed, but along the way we looked at all the amazing things, the fabrics they used were amazing. The socks, the shoes the funny toe things. LOL very cool stuff.

We found the cola bottles and steve took some time to look overthem. Sadly, I wasn’t feeling great and excused myself for a few minutes. When I came back, I met the fam just coming out of the shop. We stood there in the cool shade and drank the soda and Steve had gotten me a surprise. He got me some Japanese chocolates. They were so yummy, and I was good to share with the kids.

After we headed into the toy museum to do the KidCot and Steve ducked away to call his father, wish him a Happy Father’s Day and talk about Japan.

Leaving Japan we headed for France - we were HOT and tired. Jack was hungry. In America the girls had gotten pretzels so it was time for his snack. In France we stopped and got him some Ice Cream and I think Steve got the strawberry crepe. While they were waiting for their stuff, the girls and I watched the chair guy - he's amazing!
DSC03358.jpg

**Okay so after this we headed towards UK and that's where the next installment will pick up... so stay tuned!!! **

Super quick I wanted to wish everyone a very happy 4th of July. I'm off to grill & firework and all that craziness. We've been cleaning and prepping for 2 days and are expecting 30 people. :eek: LOL

I hope you all have a safe and fun 4th!!! Take care!

Hey! I'm here! that's too bad we never ran into each other. But, I'll be looking for us in your pics and you do the same with mine!

I know, you see so many people and wonder .. is that??? LOL But don't want to be an idiot for asking :) It was a HOT week wasn't it. Totally crazy!

Oh man I must see this diamond castle! I wonder if I could can my boyfriend into buying it for me? Hah just kidding but that would be amazing! Was the cola any good?

Oh man I must see this diamond castle! I wonder if I could can my boyfriend into buying it for me? Hah just kidding but that would be amazing! Was the cola any good?

It was beautiful, Steve was scared to breathe near it. LOL I'd be shocked if they sold one per year IF that!

I love the chair guy in France:thumbsup2

It was the 1st time we'd seen him, he was very cool! We also saw the mime in Italy that day, he was very cute. He pulled his gondola that was attached to a skate board. LOL

It was hot! Hotter than it was last year during the same time. But, we made the best of it!

Our kids had the mister fans, we'd put them in the fridge overnight... life savers! And Steve wore the water camel in the backpack. the 1st sip was hot b/c it came out of the straw, but after that, it was wonderful! We did learn though after this day that Emma couldn't take this heat, she just became merable and made our lifes miserable as well.

**I hope that everyone had a great 4th celebration. We had an amazing time and YAWN, could use another day to the weekend. Shocking that today is exactly 2 mos from our wedding! WOWZER! Friday was a day off of work and school, so Emma and I ran up to Tampa and picked up her & Catherine's dresses. Now we need to do slight alterations and they are ready to go. Today we had a meeting with the pastor marrying us, we got some DVDs to watch that we'll meet back with him to complete our counseling. This week when Steve's parents get home it'll be time for invitation (Steve's mom is doing the envelopes) and next weekend I meet with the florist... its all happening so quickly!**Okay... back to Disney! :)

We left France on route to Soarin'. Along the way, we passed Mary Poppins in UK. The kids wanted a picture. Catherine just wanted to sit down, so she did that and Jack & Em took some pics with Mary Poppins. I told them that she was much more strict then I am – they think I’m SO mean. Steve of course had to get in on it – he’s so cute. She ‘took his arm’.

DSC03362.jpg

After this we sat in UK for a bit while the kids finished their snacks. They also filled their mister fans and entertained a sweet grandpa sharing the bench with us. At this point we’d seen about 20 people on KIM POSSIBLE missions, and they kids were stating how much they wanted to do it. “Not today kids”. It really did look like fun, but we were already way off schedule and hadn't planned for KP.

We then really were headed for Soarin’. We passed by Canada with a “see ya later this week” and made it to Soarin’. We had decided that we wanted to ask for the 1st row. And, we were pointed to the next holding area so we could have it –woohoo.

A second flight on Soarin’ and it was just as amazing as the 1st. I don’t see this getting hold – I just don’t. Its so amazing! Flight over, we thought about Living with the Land, but it was like a 10 min wait. A great ride, but nah! We wanted to go home… and we had 1 more thing to do.
We headed over to Nemo to visit him & his friends.

DSC03364.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of this ride, its kind of ‘whatever’ but I knew Emma would love it, and she did! Everyone did! After exiting the ride the kids saw 4 dolphins in the tank. They were playing and having such a great time. Steve and I had exchanged looks previous to walking into the tank area that said “Lets not stay here long, I’m tired”. Thanks to the active dolphins the kids were entertained and did not argue when we said “lets go”. I had really wanted Emma to see “Turtle Talk with Crush”, but it was almost 4pm and we were tired. I’d wanted a mid-day break, but we had just kept going.

We walk out of Nemo, fetch the stroller and start heading towards the exit. We still had Mission:Space rider swap and the kids really wanted to ride it. But it was on the other side of Future World, it was late, we were hot, tired and blah. To appease them, we stop at Spaceship Earth for a quick ride through history. I curled up and tried to sleep. LOL Catherine would not let me but it was okay. I still think there is SO much they could do with the end of this ride. It ended so much better pre-refurb.

At the end of Spaceship Earth, I get up and Steve has a crashed out Emma in his lap. She had FINALLY given in, and it was a good thing, she needed the nap! We carried her to the stroller and headed for the bus. On the bus she slept on me and it was 4:30 when we finally got off the bus at POFQ and headed to our room for a quick change. Heading off the bus, we came across Wendy & her family, they were waiting for the Epcot bus to head back for the day. THEY had taken a mid-day break, smart people! No really, we enjoyed our day, it was just hot.

We headed to the room and tossed the kids in quick showers, while we refreshed ourselves too. We had 6:55 ADRs at Ohana… needed to hurry.

We left the room around 5:30 and headed to the bus stop. Steve’s parents had already called to tell us they were here. They would meet us at Ohana. We took the bus to MK then decided on the boat over the monorail. This was an awesome Idea! A boat was approaching the launch as we walked up and then the ride itself was amazing. A great breeze, a beautiful view – I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

DSC03367_edited-1.jpg

DSC03365_edited-1.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03371_edited-1.jpg

We got to POLY and headed upstairs to meet the ILs. They were in the upstairs lobby waiting for us but 1st let me say OhMyGoodness – the lobby was PACKED! It was just insane, I was worried about the dinner etc. Steve went to check in while I took the girls to the potty. While in the potty I realized I probably shouldn’t have let him do that. I had a cake on the reservation and it was a surprise. I mean it was MY cake, but I still wanted to surprise everyone. I flavored it for him too, I mean it WAS Fathers Day. I came back and Marilyn (MIL) shooed me away – OK. Shortly after I was told I could come back over and sit down. We only had to wait a short while until our pager went off. We go into the restaurant and follow the hostess past the bar and the open fire kitchen… I love this place!!!

We keep following the CM all the way across the restaurant…. To a round table in the far corner with windows on both sides, and a great view of the castle. How amazing!!! So blessed we are! The salad here was amazing! I asked the server what kind of dressing she was and she brought me the recipe – Honey-Lime… Yum! I am exicted to make it for the fam soon.

Dinner was amazing! Catherine opted for a kids meal from Kona. She tried our stuff, but didn’t love it. Hey, she tried, I am very proud of her for that. Throughout dinner the kids participated in all the festivities. Jack kicked tail on the pineapple race. Emma figured out to just push it with the end of the broom LOL and Catherine just was crazy. LOL With the Limbo, they just had fun – I have no idea how it went b/c I didn’t get up for it. LOL I sent Steve with the camera and he isn’t that great with it, but he tried. LOL

After dinner but before dessert we did gifts & cards. 1st off…. Emma had a surprise for everyone – on a sickday 2 weeks previous Nana had watched her for us. They did a super secret craft project. They had made everyone something out of clay. Emma happily passed them out and was so excited to watch everyone open theirs from her
DSC03394_edited-1.jpg

I love how excited she is to give gifts to others.. SO SWEET!

Steve got a lizard
DSC03397_edited-1.jpg

Papa got a frog - the thing about the frog... he had a pink flower on his bumm- SO funny
DSC03400.jpg

Catherine got a butterfly necklace and Jack a magnet for the fridge
DSC03403.jpg

DSC03405_edited-1.jpg

Finally, I got a beautiful butterfly pin.. I put it on right away!
DSC03402_edited-1.jpg

After that Marilyn had a surprise for EMMA – she made her a necklace of her own. I think it was so sweet. She was so happy just giving, and she got to GET something too.
DSC03406_edited-1.jpg

DSC03377_edited-1.jpg

You can get an idea of our table location - it was just perfect!

Then we did father’s day / BDay… I got a card from Steve that made me cry. That is NOT like him. But he did so good this time – LOVE HIM! I’d told everyone no gifts, it’s a big year. This big vacation, our wedding, honeymoon… money needs to be saved and a gift for me.. not needed, just spend good time with me – and they did!

After that, the cake came!! CAKE! They also brought the Ohana dessert, but the cake was the best!
DSC03407.jpg

8” with swirl cake, choc frosting with peanut butter layers. YUM! The top décor was all WDW, very cool. She cut them and served them, giving each kid a Mickey wafer.

By the end of the meal it was dark out and it looked as if the Electronic Water Padget was coming, but we never saw it actually GO. After dinner Steve handled the bill while I got everyone together. We all headed down to walk Nana & Papa to the car. They’d be heading to Baltimore the day we would come home, so we wouldn’t see them for a few weeks. They’d also brought things from home we needed (Cat’s Pillow & Steve’s other sneakers).

DSC03410_edited-1.jpg

DSC03412_edited-1.jpg

We headed back to the boat and had a beautiful ride back to MK. The boat captain stopped on the way and showed us certain things on the islands, the wave machines, the island they do July 4th fireworks from etc. Cool info!
On the boat ride, Emma fell asleep and stayed that way. Transfer from boat to stroller – stroller to bus – bus to stroller DID NOT wake up. So Steve took Jack & Cat to the pool while I dressed and put to bed a sleeping Emma. The kids only stayed in the pool about 30 minutes and were back up and in bed in no time.

It was a long 1st full day but amazing! My birthday was amazing, a wonderful memory. Steve feels very blessed to have his fathers day celebration and just experiencing our kids having so much fun – was so worth all of it.
DSC03414.jpg

Great updates!

Poor Emma with the band aids! I hope her knees healed quickly!

You are such troopers going for so many hours in the heat. I don't know how you did it and still made it to dinner! I would've crashed!

Love the pic of you and your DH at the Poly! :)

I remember sitting at the bus stop seeing you get off the bus on that first day. I couldn't believe ya'll had stayed there that long. :)
That little Emma is a sweetie. That's so cute how she made everyone something.
You look so pretty at dinner, such a pretty outfit.

I can't believe the wedding is only 2 months away. Where did you decide to go on a honeymoon?

Now, OT....How long has Jack been taking Kung Fu? Does he enjoy it? And this is from Tracey (not me:rolleyes1). He wants to know if they play the song during class. You know the one, right? "Everbody was Kung Fu Fighting":rotfl2:He's trying to be funny.

Did you get my message on Facebook? The Cd has been ordered. :cool1:

Where to start?

Love taking the boat. Its such a great view:thumbsup2

What a great birthday/Father's Day. The cake looks yummy and its so sweet that DD made something for each of you. This actually inspired me to take DS to the Clay Cafe (a shop here that lets you select a piece, paint it and have them fire and glaze . Then you go pick it up later.) where he painted a birthday gift for his Meme (my mom)

I just have to say that you guys make a sweet couple. Congrats on having found each other.

I want to thank everyone for their responses. I have not had time to work on the next day yet (MK & MGM) because we have NO kids! LOL Jack & Em are with their mom (scheduled 2 days a week M-T) and Catherine is in SC. We don't really know what to do with ourselves. We've never had NO kids during the week. We've had a Sat night off here and there, but this is all very new to us.

We (okay STEVE) decided to pack a picnic and go to the beach last night. We had plans to watch the sunset but there was no sun, instead we watched 2 big storms roll in - it was VERY cool! We watched one pass just north of where we were, then another was coming right for us. We hung out until the sand started to blow then we got to the truck just as the drops were falling - it was an amazing night!

I'll try to work on some tonight - promise!!!

Where to start?

Love taking the boat. Its such a great view:thumbsup2

It was a great journey! I'm glad we had the time to enjoy it.

What a great birthday/Father's Day. The cake looks yummy and its so sweet that DD made something for each of you. This actually inspired me to take DS to the Clay Cafe (a shop here that lets you select a piece, paint it and have them fire and glaze . Then you go pick it up later.) where he painted a birthday gift for his Meme (my mom)

Isn't little Em adorable. Really, at 4 I was very suprised she did so well just giving and not receiving. I was so proud of her giving attitude - love that munchkin! And Nana was sweet to orchastrate it all.

I just have to say that you guys make a sweet couple. Congrats on having found each other.

Thank you so much! He's an amazing man and I am very lucky.

I remember sitting at the bus stop seeing you get off the bus on that first day. I couldn't believe ya'll had stayed there that long. :)
ME TOO! wow it was a long day! It didn't feel long until it was over.

That little Emma is a sweetie. That's so cute how she made everyone something.
You look so pretty at dinner, such a pretty outfit.

I can't believe the wedding is only 2 months away. Where did you decide to go on a honeymoon?

I know it was so fun and I have mine on my dresser. Thank you on my outfit. I felt pretty and flowy! I got the outfit at a local place called Bealls. Its like Kohls.

Honeymooning in Key West at the Waldorf Astoria down there. Its located on one of the REAL beaches on Key West. :) Saturday night we'll drive to Miami and stay in South Beach for our "wedding night" then Sunday AM we'll drive down to Key West until Friday. Kids have football/cheer to get back for on Saturday. LOL Can only leave that parent hat off for so long!

Now, OT....How long has Jack been taking Kung Fu? Does he enjoy it? And this is from Tracey (not me:rolleyes1). He wants to know if they play the song during class. You know the one, right? "Everbody was Kung Fu Fighting":rotfl2:He's trying to be funny.

He just began last Fall. We started it as an after school program. They pick him up from school and have 1 hr of lesson each day, then we have to pick him up by 5:30. He's gotten his white belt and is on his way to the next. He's taking twice weekly through the summer, so hopefully by end of summer he'll have his next color (don't ask me what it is).

And NO Tracey they do NOT play kung fu fighting LOL while they practice. Lots of chinesse music and meditation.

It's really been great for him, he had/has a lot of frustration in his life. We wish he didn't but between his personality and the things he's seen... he's got some built up. It's helped him focus and handle that a lot better. We're really happy for him!

Great updates!

Poor Emma with the band aids! I hope her knees healed quickly!

You are such troopers going for so many hours in the heat. I don't know how you did it and still made it to dinner! I would've crashed!

Love the pic of you and your DH at the Poly! :)

Emma healed pretty good. Monday forward I took the bandaids off (they wouldn't stay on with the sweat anyway) and they scabbed up quickly and she's all better now.

Thank you for the compliment on the picture! I like it a lot too! Granted I had my glasses on! After the long day at Epcot my eyes were SO tired.

Your outfit at the Kona dinner is sooo pretty! I love those skirts =) I have like 4 haha.

Thank you! I love it. I have 2, black & white and white & black. Steve loves me in them, so I think i should get more. I wore it Saturday night for our 4th party with white shorts.. I got lots of compliments!

Hi!! I'm here, too! A little late...but I was away all last week, so it's a good excuse right? LOL!!:laughing: SOunds like a great trip so far...looking forward to hearing more....subbing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter