Other than DVC what other timeshares are still closed in FL and SC? Why the difference between DVC and others timeshares

So there's no state of emergency in South Carolina... what's their excuse for not opening that location?

I am going to assume that it’s the property management agreement with Disney..they have to call workers back..as well as the part of the contract that discussed what happens when resorts are closed and how owners of those closed resorts handle things,

So, if HH was opened, and no other DVC resort is, it could cause an issue with who gets to use the resort.

Now. I don’t think you could leave HH closed for months simply because FL remains an issue...but, as I said, now that CMs safety protocols have been decided and CMs are back to work, it does put Disney, IMO, in a position to have to explain to DVCM why resorts can’t be opened back up in what is considered reasonable,,,and again, doesn’t matter what others are doing for timeline..

So I would contend that opening to guests within 2 to 4 weeks to get a closed resort ready for occupancy would be considered reasonable.

ETA: it’s why I think DVC isn’t canceling owners prior to 7 days in case they get a go ahead..I also think owners should be reaching out to DVC via email...and not frontline CMs because they don’t know anything or can’t share if they did,,,to express concerns and get more info.

Last edited:
For those who have been perusing the membership documents lately, (I can't find mine) maybe you could answer a question. If a member's home resort is unavailable for booking (closed, burned down, blown down by hurricanes, etc) are there restrictions on using those points to book non-home resorts? I would think there probably are and if that's the case DVC may just open all of the resorts simultaneously rather than a few here and there.

For those who have been perusing the membership documents lately, (I can't find mine) maybe you could answer a question. If a member's home resort is unavailable for booking (closed, burned down, blown down by hurricanes, etc) are there restrictions on using those points to book non-home resorts? I would think there probably are and if that's the case DVC may just open all of the resorts simultaneously rather than a few here and there.

Yes. There are two options that I see. They can continue to let the closed/damaged resort owners book elsewhere at 7 months...or, the board of the condo association can authorize that resort owners be given a chance to book other cash options and the cost of that added as a special assessment to the MFs for all owners of that resort.

The problem that I see is that this never considered all DVC would be down....its why when VB or HH have closed for a few extra days/weeks, they didn’t worry about it,

If they keep too many DVC closed, while opening others. it becomes a big issue on what to do, especially if WDW hotels aren’t open to give the cash option anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter