OT: How much does it weigh?

mitushib

DIS Veteran
Ho much will a 24 bottle 16oz pack of water weigh? I am trying to find if I can ship it buy myself to the resort or use an online service

384 oz = 24 pounds thanks to google calculator! :thumbsup2

Is this sort of like asking what color the red m & m's are?

I did just weight 16 oz of our water and the scale said (after taking away the bottle) it was a pound. So add a bit more for the bottles and wrappings. We have minerals in our water, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

27 pounds, total. I investigated this last year. It'll cost you a minimum of $12 to ship, and I forget which service that was. If you have a spare piece of luggage, count-wise, and you promise to wrap it really well (e.g. double up on two or more of those huge ziploc bags :)), you can transport it as checked luggage.
Or, you can order from Staples. Sign up for Staples Rewards, $6.99 for a case of water, I know it's $7.99 to ship two cases. Don't know if it's cheaper for just one. Even if it's not substantially less expensive, it's also barely more expensive total than that cheapest shipping I found last year.

It'll take seven days for delivery - at least earlier this week it would have - and you'll save all that lugging.

I don't know if this helps any but....we usually take one piece of luggage and put in it water, soda, juice boxes, and bubble wrap. If I did not want to that, I would just use one of the grocery delivery services. You have to spend a little more money to get free delivery but you could get breakfast items and snacks.

Keep in mind that with almost all airlines having 50 pounds per bag weight limits, you could go overweight VERY quickly. A 10 pound suitacase, case of water, a few sleeves of juice boxes, and you've quickly hit 50 pounds.

If you are coming in the summer, you should plan on 5-6 bottles of water per adult, per day to maintain proper hydration. So a case will last an adult four, maybe five days. In all honesty, I'd just order from Garden Grocer and be done with it.

Anne

Why not phone in an order to Staples--The water is like $6.00 per case with free shipping and will be waiting for you when you arrive.

Why not phone in an order to Staples--The water is like $6.00 per case with free shipping and will be waiting for you when you arrive.

Unless I'm mistaken there's no more free shipping on orders under $50.

Anne

Why not just go to the store and purchase a case when you get there? Are you going to have a car. Wal Mart as well as Costo and BJ's all have great prices on water.

16 oz. equals 1 pound.
Actually, you're closer to the true weight than you think but the logic is a bit off. There are two types of ounces in English units of measure, which makes things confusing for a lot of people.

The 16 fluid onces in a pint bottle of liquid are a measurement of volume.

The 16 avoirdupois ounces in a pound are a measurement of weight.

To calculate the weight of any volume of liquid, you need to know the density (weight of the liquid per unit of volume). In the case of water, the density is 1.0425 ounces (weight) per 1.0 ounce (volume).

:teacher: So, the water contained in a 16 fl. oz. bottle of water weighs 16.68 ounces (16 x 1.0425), or just slightly more than a pound. A 24-pack of 16 oz. bottles would weigh a little over 25 lbs. This would not take into consideration the weight of packing materials or the bottle itself. Just the weight of the water.

ETA: I'd just order from Staples (free shipping for orders over $50) or Garden Grocer ($12 delivery/handling charge). Taking the time to purchase, pack & ship cases of water to my resort would not be worth any dollar savings for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter