Orlando Smackdown: Dis vs. Uni. Ch.16 Japan Hates me, Just Hates me 7-13

Because I only have time today to post this:

Because I only have time today to post this

Maybe (big, BIG maybe) later I'll come back...

... probably not.

We need to start a new discussion.

What have you read recently that was amazing?

I've read "Code Name: Verity" by Wein. WWII story. A spy's diary of her "confession" to the Nazis. You think she is giving everything away, til you read the second half of the book. A real page-turner!

Next?

I've been reading "The Adventures of Nebo." It's about this guy Steve and his wife Diane whom they call Smidgy. Short Non-Fiction stories about their trips to Walt Disney World. Something is always happening to the poor guy and he always lands up getting hurt. If it wasn't for his wife, the poor guy would probably be dead by now. Really good reading.

Just catching up. I see I haven't missed much. Just cross-dressing dragons, Nebo eaten by Jaws, the death of the eternal Timex and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Like I said - haven't missed much. Carry on. Amuse me !

I read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. Really good book about a missing woman set in NE Missouri. Currently reading the second Game of Thrones books. I have not watched the show but the first book knocked my socks off! Lots of intrigue and backstabbing. :)

Jill in CO

I've been reading the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly.

I saw the Hunger Games movie and the books don't interest me.

Everyday I read books like Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? Nursery Rhymes, popular Children's stories, wish I had spare time to read for pleasure.

I guess the Nebo Follies counts?

Everyday I read books like Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? Nursery Rhymes, popular Children's stories, wish I had spare time to read for pleasure.

I guess the Nebo Follies counts?

OMG, I read Brown Bear to my niece and nephews so many times I think I have it memorized. My Mom made them a Brown Bear quilt to go along with the book. :)

Jill in CO

I have adapted that book so many times, sang it, and made a power point of it so kids with limited abilities could access it. I've read it almost everyday since it came out.

I've been reading "The Adventures of Nebo." It's about this guy Steve and his wife Diane whom they call Smidgy. Short Non-Fiction stories about their trips to Walt Disney World. Something is always happening to the poor guy and he always lands up getting hurt. If it wasn't for his wife, the poor guy would probably be dead by now. Really good reading.

I know. I've read them all! Gotta love the one where Steve gets hurt and Diane rescues him. Oh, wait, that's all of them.....

I read "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. Really good book about a missing woman set in NE Missouri. Currently reading the second Game of Thrones books. I have not watched the show but the first book knocked my socks off! Lots of intrigue and backstabbing. :)

Jill in CO

I wondered about the Game of Thrones series. My son recommended it, but I noticed that the bookmark doesn't move. "Gone Girl" nonfiction? Sounds interesting, may have to add it to the "The List".

How is the Harry Bosch series? Gory murders? I'm not sure I remember what Michael Connelly writes. I suppose I could go to amazon.com.

I loved the books and the movie for Hunger Games. I can't watch the movie at home right now because it gives me nightmares, otherwise I'd have the whole thing memorized, like "The Muppet Movie".

I have adapted that book so many times, sang it, and made a power point of it so kids with limited abilities could access it. I've read it almost everyday since it came out.

That is so cool that you've adapted Brown Bear for limited abilities folks. I love it when everyone gets to enjoy reading.

Gone Girl is fiction but a really really good read. I would consider it a psychological thriller.

Game of Thrones will really pull you in. It's fantasy but the author manages to weave so many individual stories into one giant story and about the time you think you have the characters figured out, he changes things up!

Jill in CO

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It is about a girl fighting cancer who finds a new life she never thought she would have. It was an amazing book.

orangecats2 said:

I love the Harry Bosch series. I just recently started on them, only read a few so far, I'm waiting to get a couple of others next payday.

I just finished listening to Stephen Kings, 11-22-63. That was really good.

Nah. I don't buy it. Nobody's that unlucky. If you're going to write fiction, at least make it believable. :rolleyes1:

Just catching up. I see I haven't missed much. Just cross-dressing dragons, Nebo eaten by Jaws, the death of the eternal Timex and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Like I said - haven't missed much. Carry on. Amuse me !

Oh, sure put the onus on everyone else to entertain you. Next you'll expect the TR to be written before the R. jk.... but you've given me an idea.

As for reading, I've just re-read three Larry Niven books. Why? 'Cause he's great, of course.

Okay, I'm going to preface this with a note of warning. If Nebo manages to hurt himself again on this trip, several things will result.

1. I will be disapointed. Disapointed that once again, he's gotten himself hurt. I don't want him to get hurt. I want him to have fun. Pain free, concussionless fun. Yeah it makes for an interesting TR, but Geez Louise! The guy's due for an uneventful (at least from a pain stand point) trip just once.

2. If he does get hurt... I am going to feel like a total and complete schlub. So I'm going out on a limb here. And the only reason I'm doing that is because I really, really, really (no! really!) am hoping that he has a fantastic trip.

So...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smidgy! Where's my bathroom bag?

It was Thrusday night and I could not find my batjroom bag.
For those
of you who don't know, my bathroom bag is the ba where I put all my essentials for living.

Vikes, Ibuprofen, camera, hemorroid pillow, eye medication,,, it's all in there.

And I can't find it!

I need to finish packing and get some sleep because the cab is coming at 5:45

in the morning

as in am

That llooks weird doesn't it? "as in am" Ever see the movie Sam I am with Sean Penn? That's what it looks like.

Where was I?

5:45 in the a. m.

That's better,,,,, but I cant find my bathroom bag!

It's important. Back in July of 2011 we,,, okay, okay, I left it behind and we drove 161 miles before I realized it.
We turned around.

Smidgy shouts up from downstairs, "It's down here by the door with my bags."

"Wjat's it doing down there, when I'm up here looking for it?" I ask.

She says, "I didn't want you to wonder where it was, so I put it down here where we won't forget it when the cab comes."

I'm not sure if I should be happy or upset. I was looking all over for it and she had it all along,,, but I can't be angry,,, I'm going to Disneyworld! Soon. Very soon.

Too soon! Time for bed.

A fe hours later, I'm awake and staring at the clock. 2:15. in the,,, morning.

Sad I am.

I really wanted to sleep all the way till 4:45,,, but I'm awake.

Oh, sure. I tried to fall back asleep but it wasn't going to happen. So I got up and went downstairs.

I lied down on the couch knowng that I wouldn't fall asleep.

"So are you going to get up?"

Huh, what do you know. I fell aspleep after all.

A while later and there's a knock at the door.

NOPe, not the cab. It's my buddy whos going to watch the house while we're away.

He looks surprsisingly awake for 5:30. I think I hate him a little bit right now because I feel like I need just a bit more sleep.

10, 15 hours should do it.

Maybe the plane will crash and i'll be ina coma and I can get some more sllep.

No, no, no, no injuries this trip.

Before we finish showing my buddy where the catfood and litter is, the cab is outside waiting.

We grab the bags and pile into the cab. Yes even the bathroom bag.

What can I say about the flight down? It didn't crash, so right there that's a plus, right?

I was even able to relax enough that I could le go of one armrest for a bit in the middle of the flight.

Smidgy slept.

Coward! Escaping into slumberland instead of facing my fears!

A million years later we land in MCO. No magical depress this time. We're going to the DoubleTree Inn this time, remembr?

The DoubleTree is really nice. We ususally stay at the cheapest motel we can find but not this time.
It has a Starbucks inside. Then again,,, if the world ends all that will be left will be cockroaches and Starbucks.

I think the roaches will be running the starbucks and they wont be able to understand the sizes either.

Our room isn't ready yet so we settle in by the pool. It's too cool for swimming so nobody's around. It's quiet. There's lungers around three sides of the pool.

No yellow jackets.
Both kinds.

We put our bags down, sit down, put our feet up and,,,

the cell phone does not ring!

We relaxed for about an hour before our room was ready.

The room's nice. comfortable beds with blue and withe bedding.

But we're within walking distance of Universal and some things can't wait.

Funny, Ponzi!

Can't wait to see how the real story turns out in comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter