Optimistic October, 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

7:15am and I’m sitting at the ferry dock in the dark and rain… oh how the times they have changed. It’s a three+ hour drive so lots of car/sitting time today.

This has been a very good food week. I got a lot more protein and ate the groceries I got last week end, or got them into to the freezer for keeping. And I’ve gotten in my 5000 steps each day.

Last edited:

We need one more volunteer to take care of November 14-20, and we are good to go. If you haven't already chosen a week to host, please consider it. I can't take an additional week because I will be doing report cards and turning in my annual goals.

October 31-November 6: Oneanne
November 7-13: Summer2018
November 14-20:
November 21-27:
PAsFab5
November 28-December 4: PollyannaMom

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Whoooo-Wednesday and Thankful Thursday was all in one for me-DD was off the boot on Wednesday and back to work on Thursday and everything went great! She felt good, no pain and was happy to be back at work!!

I babysat my baby niece all day today and will be with her until late tonight.

Tomorrow we are doing fall family birthdays at our house and DD has a homeschool dance in the evening.

I hope everyone has a great start to the weekend!

Well I am feeling apprehensive this morning. I’ve been getting my hair done by the same salon for 30+ years. The gossip became toxic as they were pitting me up against my sister. Imagine getting involved in private family matters ?! Anyway, I basically told them to “stick it where the sun don’t shine.” This morning I am getting highlights from someone new in her home. Her online photos look professional, but I am scared. It takes real skill and talent to do blonde highlights that don’t look cheap. I guess we shall see…

Well I am feeling apprehensive this morning. I’ve been getting my hair done by the same salon for 30+ years. The gossip became toxic as they were pitting me up against my sister. Imagine getting involved in private family matters ?! Anyway, I basically told them to “stick it where the sun don’t shine.” This morning I am getting highlights from someone new in her home. Her online photos look professional, but I am scared. It takes real skill and talent to do blonde highlights that don’t look cheap. I guess we shall see…
WOW! This is wild! Let us know how it goes with the new salon!

Did Halloween sneak up on anyone else this year? I legit went out at 130 yesterday to get pumpkins for the kids to paint tomorrow (last time we tried carving it was disaster) and hoping to put the Halloween gingerbread house together today.
Got my treats last weekend as giant boxes of oreos were on sale at BJs...but I feel very like caught off guard this year. At least it's not supposed to rain on Monday.

Did Halloween sneak up on anyone else this year? I legit went out at 130 yesterday to get pumpkins for the kids to paint tomorrow (last time we tried carving it was disaster) and hoping to put the Halloween gingerbread house together today.
Got my treats last weekend as giant boxes of oreos were on sale at BJs...but I feel very like caught off guard this year. At least it's not supposed to rain on Monday.
Yes I can’t believe it’s tomorrow!! We have a 65% chance of rain in the afternoon 😕 hoping it clears by 6pm!

It is supposed to rain in Seattle as well. Since covid I’ve been putting treats out on the front walk, so I’ll have to figure out how to make a cover for them.

It is early Sunday morning and I’m headed home soon. We hit a patch of beautiful weather so got in lots of walking, I almost had my 10,000 yesterday but forgot I needed to do a few laps in the room before I went to bed.

Happy to have been here and happy to be heading home to Duggar on the sofa with the girls and watch the football game.

Currently sitting with my back against my oven trying to warm up, we had frost last night ugh.

Just made a batch of banana muffins with DS7. DS10 needed one banana for his project so we have a bunch left over. So today was round one of cooking with the leftovers. They smell really good.
Made some double chocolate PB cookies the other day....not as unhealthy as they sound. Small batch made mostly of PB and coco powder.

Did discover we have mice in the garage which is super annoying but not super surprising given the amount of construction that happened in the neighborhood over the last couple months. Called the exterminator and they are coming in just about a week. Sorry Mickey you're out of here.

DH wrote out most of the post funeral thank you notes last night. He decided to start that at 930 at night...um nope my brain turns off around 9. Good thing I didn't try to help I fell asleep just after 10...this is why it takes forever for me to watch a movie.

Got our treats ready for the kids tomorrow, little packages of chips and cookies so any leftovers can go in school lunches.

DS managed to get through church today without causing a raucous. Thanks to covid she did not get used to it from a young age like the boys did. But she had gotten a little squishy cat shaped ball thing that occupied her just enough to stay mostly quiet ....except when everyone else was singing or talking then she (rightly) tried to sing too. I must go find similar squishy things as they are the only fidget product she seems to have liked. Of course it broke in the car after. A phrase you never want to hear...to quote DS7 "why am I covered in glitter?"

Weight was good this week. I was worried because we had conferences at work so Wednesday we had a potluck. So much yummy food! And of course I nibbled all day Thursday on that yummy food. I did try to always include some fruits or veggies every trip.

Three days off was wonderful. I had a massage on Friday. First time in about 15 years! She asked if I was left handed. Nope. Apparently she only finds people as tight as I was on that side when they're left handed! She probably needs a massage after working on me!!! :rotfl2:

The rest of the weekend was uneventful. A little of this and a little of that and walks every day. I need to get my steps up there before Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter