Opinions on what dates these rolling DCL Cancellations will go through - Poll

Opinions on what date these rolling DCL Cancellations will go to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, lets end debating the shortage which is off topic. If you'd like to debate whether or not posters are spreading disinformation when they say they are out of stuff in their area (ours this week are garlic, tofu, some fresh meat choices and as always disinfecting wipes and sprays) or the logistics of the meat industry please start a thread on the community board.

I'm sticking with my vote as its not like I can push it to later..! :duck:

Wow, the June 18th vote increased by 2 more votes. How is that even possible? Crazy
Some possible reasons:

- Wishful thinking
- People are asked how they feel/think, not to give a scientific explanation why they think so ;-)
- Some people live under a rock and do not read newsarticles etc.
- People like to mess up polls

Count me as someone who also changed their vote (not to mess up the polls, by the way lol) I'm now in the Fall 2020 camp.

My vote is all of 2020. I just don't see any cruises till 2021 when a vaccine will be available. I rescheduled my June 2020 to June 2021 hoping that by then this would all be behind us.

International travel restrictions are also a big factor.

Opening DCL will be a much harder decision than DVC or the parks. Open borders can continually change thru the upcoming months. How can they plan around that?

International travel restrictions are also a big factor.

Opening DCL will be a much harder decision than DVC or the parks. Open borders can continually change thru the upcoming months. How can they plan around that?

Agreed. Staffing DCL will be much more difficult than WDW.

With all of the 40% discount holders out there, it amazes me that folks are anticipating port upgrades. I honestly do not see how DCL can staff, train, and be back to speed before next Spring. Add social distancing and possible reduced ship capacity, port upgrades look greedy to me.

With all of the 40% discount holders out there, it amazes me that folks are anticipating port upgrades. I honestly do not see how DCL can staff, train, and be back to speed before next Spring. Add social distancing and possible reduced ship capacity, port upgrades look greedy to me.
While I do agree that with as long as it's taking Disney to get their staff home, it's going to be a long while before Disney will be able to resume cruises. (Yes, 2021...until we see major progress with cases, deaths and hospitalizations dropping. I'd bet that the chance of Disney being shut down until 2022 are better than the chances that Disney will be cruising later this summer.)

However, depending on how far Disney will have to reduce capacity, there may be some opportunities for upgrades. Voluntary cancellations and postponements will not be uniform, and so there may be some opportunities to get upgraded rooms. You shouldn't expect ANYTHING, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

My vote is all of 2020. I just don't see any cruises till 2021 when a vaccine will be available. I rescheduled my June 2020 to June 2021 hoping that by then this would all be behind us.
There will be no vaccine. This virus is a mutating one.

Studies of viral immunity are the worrying bit relative to vaccines. The conventional vaccine approach builds antibodies, and studies of people with light cases suggests their viral load isn't much. So it remains to be seen if they have longer term immunity, as we don't have a long term yet. If they don't, conventional vaccines aren't going to be a real shield.

It may very well be that lack of a vaccine reshapes the travel industry. Cruising has always been especially problematic because it uses flags of convenience to avoid taxes and labor laws in the countries where they pick up passengers. That is why so few governments have been willing to help financially, and everyone is saying that if a ship becomes a hot zone they may not "rescue" it and the line needs to have its own plans.

I think that last is a big barrier to restart. Even if the CDC blessed cruises from PC tomorrow, the USCG has still put heavy limits on medical aid to virus scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter